Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 25 July 2009

Pink Saturday


Happy Pink Saturday friends~
Can you believe how fast this day rolls around every week? The weeks are going by so fast. I hate to say it, but summer is really just flying by!

We'll be thinking about Christmas before we know it. To be honest, I'm thinking about Christmas now! I always do this time of year.
.......Because I'm thinking about Christmas in July, I thought I would share my little teacup Christmas tree.
Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, let's move on!

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP ROSES!
These are the wild roses that grow profusely along the shores of Prince Edward Island and they smell absolutely divine! The scent of roses and evergreens is quite intoxicating to me. The roses being a pleasant sight this time of year, waft their fragrance through the air as if on fairies' wings. And the heady scent of the evergreens are a very lovely reminder of Christmas..... I love it!!
Would you like to see what is behind them?

One of our many beaches! PEI boasts the most beautiful beaches on this side of Canada. This is where Hubby and I like to spend our vacation.
And these are my roses in one of my teacups. They have the same scent as the wild roses and I just simply cannot get enough of it!
My little French inspired watering can, adorned with a rose, of course!
How about three pink roses all in a row?
How about a little flower cart? This flower cart graces the room just underneath our front windows. Pity the baseboard heat thingy is there!
I leave you with a rose-tinted sky that I captured on camera in my back yard. God sure knows how to paint a picture, doesn't He? Isn't it glorious?Please drop by Beverly's at How Sweet the Sound to visit her and all the other pink participants today. Hubby and I have been on vacation all week and we have three more weeks to go, so I'm not going to be posting much in the next little while. I will have lots of pictures to share with you when I get back. And because I've just posted my 200th post about a week ago, I will be having a Giveaway when I come back, so stay tuned! Click on the link http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ or the Pink Saturday button on my sidebar to go visit the other pinkies.


NOTE: Before I go, I would like to mention that my mother is still in the hospital and she is not doing very well. She needs a lot of prayer. Thank you to those of you who are praying for her!

The Lord bless you all.
Hugs,
Sandi

38 comments :

  1. Beautiful!!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a blessed "Pink Saturday."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sandi! Your wild roses are beautiful and I love the artful way you displayed them in the teacart. I just told my hubby that I want to visit Prince Edward Island. It's gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the sunset. The Lord certainly knows how to blend color, doesn't He? I pray that you and your mom will find comfort and peace. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sky line and all the other pinks as well, beautiful part of the world. Is it far from Green Gables?

    Happy PINK Saturday, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and happy Pink Saturday. Even though I am not officially participating, I am! Lovely pink photos today, I'm praying for you mom and all of you.

    I am having a give away, do come by and enter.

    Have a wonderful weekend ☺

    Jennifer
    MaidenShade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi, I love your post today! I have the same watering can - you are a Home Goods gal, too, aren't you? You stopped by to visit my blog for Pink Saturday, but I was late, and hadn't posted it yet, so please come back over if you get a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi!
    Great pink post!
    The wild pink roses are gorgeous, and so is that sunset!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Sandi. I love your Chrismastree and of course your beautiful china. All the roses make me happy when I see them. Happy pink Saturday and thank you for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pink and shots!
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Enjoy your weekend Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pink and shots!
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Enjoy your weekend Sandi.s

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that little Christmas tree in the cup! Cute idea. Happy Pink Saturday

    I am slow mailing your book as I had to get ink for my printer. I plan to get it in today's mail.

    I'm keeping your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again, Sandi, I just read to the bottom of your post today, and want you to know that I am praying for your mom. I lost mine over 20 years ago, and I'm not over it yet. Keep us posted, please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, I'm taking all in the beauty :-) The Christmas tree in a teacup with pink pearls are just adorable, and so's toe mini flower cart! ohhhh so cute cute LOL

    NOw, to have those roses bushes grow and be able to witness such blosooms and smell the sweet fragrance........ how lucky are you! And then the beach. Still missing them.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Mizpah,
    Li

    (Your Mom will always be in prayers Sandi)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divine Pinkness! Love it all!! Happy Pink Saturday to you!!

    xoxo
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi, such pretty scenery. And I see you love small things too (love the roses!) Hope your mother is doing better. thanks for stopping by my blog!


    Chris Verstraete
    Searching For A Starry Night, A Miniature Art Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi, I hope that you have a Happy Pink Saturday! I love your pictures! Also I'll keep your mother in my prayers. I lost mine a lil over a year ago and I sure miss her, she was my best friend!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous, beautiful, gorgeous post! Something to delight everyone and anyone! I could barely tear my eyes away from one picture to go to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to live in such a beautiful place, Sandi! Your wild roses are so lovely! The watering can is tres' chic! Love the darling Christmas tree!

    Hope you and your Mother have a lovely Pink Saturday. I've kept her in my prayers.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your Mom's health wil improve soon.
    Your pink sky photos are so nice...what a good idea for a "pink" posting!
    Have a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the photos, especially the sky photos !

    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandy,

    What a pretty pink post for PS. I love the tree in the cute little teacup. I may have to "borrow" your idea. Warm thoughts and prayers for your mom too. Enjoy the rest of vacation with hubby.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, PEI must be so beautiful, Sandi! I've always wanted to go there! Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Pink Saturday! What beautiful pictures. The tree in the cup is such a unique idea. Love it!
    Carrie`

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Pink Saturday! What beautiful pictures. The tree in the cup is such a unique idea. Love it!
    Carrie`

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pink post Sandi. You're right. Next thing we know we'll be putting up Christmas trees. I say this every year about this time, and sure enough. It's true. Time goes by entirely too fast for me.
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the roses!! So beautiful!!!HPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Sandi; wow what a lovely Pink Saturday Post,,, your roses are just beautiful, and how lucky to be able to go to a beach like that... Your tea cup is just darling...

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful area you live in, with such gorgeous views and scents. Will keep your Mom in my prayers. Easy to remember with your great name and all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the Christmas! Your pinks are lovely! The watering can matches my jars I have on my post!! That was a great group of stuff!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sandi
    I and my Husband will be praying for your Ma.
    I hope you have a fun and a restful holiday.
    Your pink post was wonderful,I love the beaches of PEI,they are my favorite.I remember when I went swimming there some fish came by me and smacked my leg..you should have seen me jump and scream...But I'd go back in that wondrous water any day.
    HPS
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the flower cart....each thing is pretty...
    God Bless
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Where do I find a rose bush that comes with a beach automatically installed behind it!!! I want a beach too! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi....

    What a lovely post....gosh you have a beautiful beach there on PEI!

    Thanks so much for your visit...you are entered in my little giveaway...good luck!

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  33. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY SWEET SANDI,
    FIRST I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS FOR AMY....she needed every one of them and felt them.
    SECOND YOUR MOTHER IS IN MY CONSTANT PRAYERS....is she out of ICU
    THIRD...please forgive me....I am just getting your package mailed off Monday...I had so much going on...it just did not get mailed...my deepest apology.....I have added apology gifts....
    I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE THE TEA CUP CHRISTMAS TREE...SO PRETTY
    angel hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cold, dark, misty in my neck of the woods. My perennials are hiding and I am wearing a sweatshirt. Coming here today made my day a little brighter. Thanks so much.

    I'm a little late with my Pink Saturday visits because I had my grandsons for the weekend and couldn't tear myself away from them☺

    ♥Wishing you and yours a week full of happiness♥

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Sandi, I am sorry to be late this week, I had a craft class yesterday, please forgive me. I really enjoyed your roses and love the watering can, so shabby and so pink, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  36. so beautiful! lovely post! love the watering can.. have a great week

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.