Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Tea Things Tuesday

May the friendships you make,
Be those which endure,
And all of your grey clouds
Be small ones for sure.
And trusting in Him
To Whom we all pray,
May a song fill your heart,

Every step of the way. ~ Irish blessing

Hello dear friends and welcome to this week's Tea Things Tuesday! Next Tuesday, St Patrick's Day will be here so I decided to share some green today because I want to concentrate on Spring next week.

I adore transferware and my favourite is red and white as most of you know but I like blue and white and green and white too. One Christmas my hubby gifted me these lovely green transferware cups and saucers and dessert plates. The green and white is hard to find so I was thrilled to receive these!





Tea is instant wisdom, just add water. ~ Astrid Alauda

I love the pastoral scenes on this transferware. It is totally charming, don't you think?
I usually make an Irish tea cake every March but no cake this year because Hubby is trying to cut down on sugar. This photo of the Irish tea cake is served with strawberries and whipped cream.  

The teapot is one I have had for years. It has no marker on it but it is sporting a green lacy motif. It holds about two to three cups of tea.


My youngest son had visited the botanical gardens in Michigan a few years ago and he chose this Claddagh cup for me. Hubby likes it a lot because he is half Irish. It is a unique cup with a large handle for holding.


I know you Irish ladies will appreciate this cup!

                                   
The last few days I have been decorating my mantel for springtime and this is a wreath I'm working on. I'm basically just getting started but I will share next week, the finished mantel all decked out.

Today is a special day. My sweet Auntie P is celebrating her birthday. I imagine her family will treat her to dinner and presents. She is 84 years young and her granddaughter takes her out several times a week for a drive and lunch. The photo below is one of Auntie visiting a Fairy Garden last summer. She is enjoying her outings and I pray that she is able to enjoy them for a long time to come.
Happy Birthday, Auntie! You are loved! 

I hope you have enjoyed my green tea things today and I do hope your week is lovely. May showers of blessings pour down upon you and your loved ones this week!

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

12 comments :

  1. Sandi,

    Your green transferware is lovely! I've never seen green transferware in person, so I think I'd have to buy a teacup and saucer if I ever see it!

    Happy Almost Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your adorable Aunt!Gorgeous greens in your post,I really love them!Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed your green tea today, dear Sandi! The scene on the transferware is just so darling. I 💚 your teapot, too. Isn’t it perfect? I’m thinking g that with all the tea we drink, we should be wise beyond words!
    Your Auntie is so cute. How nice that she gets out with her granddaughter. Happy Birthday to her! 🧁🎉🎈
    I’ll look forward to seeing your pretty mantle next week! Blessings to you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have blue and white transferwares so I always enjoying seeing the reds and greens on other blogs. Have you ever tried mixing the red and green transfewares during the Christmas season?

    I've also brought out my green teawares and my tea preference has shifted to green teas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, I'm with you on starting to do Spring. Hopefully I can share some lovelies---your wreath will be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dishes and I too love the red and white but that green and white is very pretty. I adore your little tea pot! Your aunt is lovely and I hope she had a wonderful birthday. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Auntie is beautiful! How blessed she is to have a granddaughter who loves her so. Your wreath is going to be so pretty. I hope you show us when it is completed. I love your blog. My dream is to someday visit PEI. It's not too far from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Irish gal absolutely loves this post.

    Happy Birthday blessings to your lovely Auntie.

    Stay healthy. Yay spring - we are all so so ready for it - but northerners must be patient, yes?

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your green transferware is so pretty. I have a few plates but no cups and saucers. It's true they are hard to find.
    I like your Spring wreath.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you also. I'm staying away from activities because of THE virus and I had my second cataract removed on Tues.
    Take care. Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your green transferware. So pretty and perfect for spring. Happy birthday to your beautiful aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely GREEN tea! Love the green transferware dishes. Very comforting. Your decorations for spring are looking good too! Can't wait to see what you do. Enjoy your spring time beauties. I know it probably still doesn't feel like spring where you are, but it is good to have spring in our hearts! Have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling senior lady - she looks great. Your mantle looks lovely too in the post above. I love this pretty green transferware - perfect for spring. One of the nice things about decorating is bringing a season inside even if it hasn't quite arrived outside!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.