Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 5 October 2015

Pretty in Pink for October's First Tea Time


I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. ~ Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery

Hello friends and welcome to my first Tea Time in October!

As you all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so you will see a lot of pink on my blog this month.



Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus

A very dear friend passed this pretty teapot on to me the other day. 



She had found it at a garage sale years ago minus its cover and she always used it to display her hydrangeas in. Long story short, she thought I would enjoy it so she passed it on to me.



Isn't it a beauty? Now as some of you know, Sadler is a famous maker of teapots in the UK and if you own one then you have a real treasure and a piece of history in your hands!

Here is the story of James Sadler which I gleaned from the Internet.


James Sadler was founded in 1882, and is one of the leading manufacturers of teapots in the UK. It all began with James Sadler, who built a factory in Burslem at the heart of the ceramic industry in Stoke-on-Trent, and made a name for himself by making fine earthenware teapots. He soon became famous, and a James Sadler teapot became synonymous with quality and good taste.
The first teapots were made using a red clay with a dark brown glazed surface. The Rockingham Brown, or 'Brown Betty' as it is affectionately known, is still in production today using a more elegant, less utilitarian, white clay. From these beginnings, the company has flourished and grown to the size it is today.
The rapid growth of the ceramic industry in the nineteenth century brought prosperity to Staffordshire, and the world passion for English pottery in the middle of this century, meant that James Sadler products very quickly became world famous.
Remember, if it doesn't have the James Sadler mark, it isn't a James Sadler teapot!

This vintage pink and gold teapot, pattern # 2357 has an opalescent glaze decorated with gilding. 



A lovely receptacle for holding flowers!



October means I can bring out my October 
Cosmos teacup made by Royal Albert





This teapot is really a coffee pot. I will talk about it more next time because I don't want to focus on this instead of my new treasure.



My tea is David's Tea Pumpkin Chai.



It is a black tea with cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel, and wee pumpkin candies. The perfect tea for autumn.



One sip of this tea and it will whisk you away to a place of warmth and comfort in front of a cozy fire and a piece of pumpkin pie smothered in whipped cream. And next week being Thanksgiving, I will be doing just that!
  

I'm so happy you have stopped by today and I hope you enjoyed seeing my new teapot. Please join me by linking up below.



There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~ Henry James


This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and you may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish! Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot, coffee cup/coffee pot, that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too! Collections such as tea spoons and creamers are also welcome as well as a trip to a Tea Room and a tea time recipe or tablescape. 

NOTE: Thank you to those of you who read my story in my previous post and left a lovely comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! 


Wishing you all an extraordinary day filled with the love and joy of family and friends!





I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home


 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,

    Thanks for coming over...it was so good to hear from you again. Yes, I started blogging again in March of this year. Lots less pressure this time. :-)

    Your pictures are so lovely, as always.

    As much as I love tea, I'm sure I will be joining you soon.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new pink, hydrangea filled, Sadler teapot is perfect for your first tea in October. Pretty in Pink is an ideal theme to remind us that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have a few Sadler teapots, and enjoyed reviewing their history. Your Royal Albert October teacup is lovely, and I'm certain the Pumpkin Chai tea is delicious in it. Have a wonderful fall week! ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sweet gift from your friend! Teapots do make a lovely vase for flowers. Love your cosmos teacup! Cosmos are the one annual you can always count on to bloom early in the north! I use to have lots of them in my flower garden before my perinneal flowers filled in the beds. I want you to know I enjoyed your last post, also! We have been at the farm cottage with no internet! Happy October to you!
    Hugs, Nancy





    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is lovely! The Teapots and the teacups are beautiful. The dried hydrangeas in the teapot are so pretty. Thank you for hosting this lovely tea party. Have a beautiful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of your friend to gift you with the pretty pink Sadler teapot, Sandi! You've filled it so enchantingly with the hydrangeas. Your RA cosmos teacup is a pretty October one to use for your tea. I'd love to share some pumpkin chai tea with you and chat the day away. I'm using just the plain brown Sadler teapot today, but it's a favorite one of mine.
    Thank you so much for hosting and may you have a lovely week on your beautiful island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, you might one day fall upon a lid a lot of the times ebay has just lids you never know. I have the same October Royal Albert tea cup and I love it. It looks so pretty in your photos.. Have a wonderful blessed day.. That coffee pot looks divine.. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a beautiful teapot Sandi! The color is exquisite. It looks beautiful with the hydrangeas in it. Very kind of your friend to gift it to you. I just found the October RA cup, and love its pretty pattern.
    Now, I will have to go back and read your story from last week.
    Have a lovely week, and thank you for hosting. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your romantic love story in your last post. So sweet. And the two of you were so cute! I love the beach, too, and have wonderful memories of the beach and camping in Canada, as we can easily get over to the eastern shore of Lake Huron from Michigan.
      Those beach times must help keep you warm over your long, long winters!

      Delete
  8. Sandi:
    I am having Pumpkin Tea Today too! Such a change now in our weather that "Tea In The Garden" changed into "Friends Sharing Tea" today. Love the lidless teapot. They are cute in the kitchen to as containers for kitchen gadgets. Lovely posting Sandi as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely time for some cozy teas! I'll be back to that soon. I always love it when a new use is found for an old piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pearl on that pink teapot is so pretty! Thanks for letting me join in!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your "Pretty in Pink" post. All beautiful pieces. Then I read your previous post and loved it, too. Looks to me like PEI has some of the most beautiful sandy beaches in the world. I so enjoyed your story of your and your hubby's beach visits and special place, Sandi. Thanks for blessing my heart today. Have a delightful week, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandi, that pink teapot is gorgeous! And it looks perfect wit the hydrangea. Your post is like a refreshing cup of tea ... I feel rejuvenated by its beauty.

    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your teapot is the perfect gift for a tea lover. What a thoughtful friend! It looks even lovelier with the hydrangeas. The RA monthly flower series is a favorite of mine. (I only have the December teacup.) Your pumpkin tea is so visually appealing. I love anything pumpkin flavored. So nice to see all of the pink in October.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a kind friend to gift you with a beautiful teapot! I've never met a Sadler teapot that I didn't like and I'm especially fond of your teapot's pink lustreware. I've been on the hunt for the RA Flower of the month series teacups for a while now. Last month, I found the October teacup but I gifted it to my swap partner for The Enchanting Rose's teacup exchange. Next week is the teacup reveal and I can't wait to see her post it on her blog! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flowers are beautiful with the pink! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pink teapot without a lid is perfect with your hydrangeas. Your new teapot the pink one with flowers is really very pretty and so is the tea cup.... Your new teapot the pink one with flowers is really very pretty and so is the tea cup Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. All so very pretty ! I have heard of this Sadler make many years ago . My mum who was a Brit was a tea cup, tea pot collector and did bring lots of them with her from England when she moved here and when ever she would go back for visit's with relatives ! I now have been seeing a lot of these tea cups and tea pots in antique shops , I used to collect the cottage style tea pots . Thanks for sharing , have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  18. The new Sadler teapot from your thoughtful friend is lovely, and I'm intrigued at how well the dried hydrangeas mirror that lovely old shade of pink. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. J'adore votre thĆ©iĆØre Sadler. Je vais essayer d'en trouver en France dans les vide-greniers !
    Bel automne Ć  vous !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Sadler teapot is a real beauty even without it's cover. It is a perfect receptacle for dried hydrangeas or other flowers. The October teacup with cosmos is pretty too. My cosmos are still blooming but looking rather sad these days. The rain last week really beat them down. Enjoy these lovely fall days Sandi. Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely. Perfect with the hydrangea.Enjoy these halcyon Autumn days. Thank you for hosting it is always a pleasure to join in. I am always uplifted by the wonderful spirit of the women who do Tea on Tuesday. Angels to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    I have such a love for pink Sadler teapots and actually have been searching for the cube shape one and mentioned it on my blog this week. Your friend certainly knows what you treasure. There is one for sale without the lid and I am thinking that maybe I should order that one since yours looks so enchanting with hydrangeas in it.. Your coffee pot looks beautiful with the Sadler teapot and pretty touches of pink on your table! I also have the October teacup. Royal Albert teacups are very beautiful! Happy Tea Day and Thank you for hosting Dear Friend! Have a perfect week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi. I just came from your wonderful Christmas blog, Christmas Pudding. I have added it to my blog roll at Susie's Christmas Cottage and used the heading logo as a button on my side bar. I started early because well, I couldn't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tea time is absolutely gorgeous, Sandy. And I absolutely *adore* your beautiful teacup, teapot and coffee/chocolate pot! WOW - so perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

    So glad to be participating today - though most of my post is about what I have been up to! : - )

    Hugs - thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Sandi
    The pink Sadler is pretty and especially so with the soft pink hydrangea blooms tucked inside. The October teacup marries well with the coffee pot and your table, and David's Pumpkin Chai is my favourite autumn tea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandi, your Sadler teapot is gorgeous! What a sweet friend to pass it on to you. I also love the Cosmos Oct cup and coffeepot. The tea sounds delicious! I love the little pumpkins in it. I will be out of town next week, so let me wish you an Early Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. The sadler teapot sounds like a real gift. I love history and enjoyed reading about Sadler. Wishing you Sandi a beautiful weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs from my heart to yours.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.