Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

HOME


"Dear God,
Protect our going out and coming in; let us share the hospitality of this home with all who visit us, that those who enter here may know Your love and peace." ~ Author unknown

Hello my lovely friends and welcome to my HOME! I would like to wish all of my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends!

I am delighted you have stopped by today and blessed me with your presence. I really do appreciate all of you, my bloggy friends.


Before I actually begin this week's party, I must share with you from a very thankful heart that God has just answered a very big prayer request concerning my mother this morning.

It is a very long story and I cannot go into specifics but it took a miracle for this to happen. And it took two years for this prayer to be answered. God is so good!

One thing I have learned well over the years is that prayer really does change things and we should never give up hope!

This week for my tea party, I shared a little bit of Christmas for my tea. The teapot was a gift from my son and DIL last year and the Spode mugs, I found out in Vancouver last Christmas for half price. They are a set of four.



My little tree is one that I set in a mercury glass hurricane candle lamp and decorated with mini lights inside the lamp and on the tree. I thought it looked pretty cute and gives off a soft glow.



As promised, I will share the recipe for the Cranberry Squares I served for tea this week.


Most of you probably have your own Cranberry Sauce recipe but this is mine which I also used in the square recipe.

Cranberry Sauce
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups water
pinch of salt

Bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil and boil 5 minutes. Add cranberries and cook until the skins pop. About 7-10 minutes.

Remove from heat and add 1/3 cup of orange juice. You could add a bit of orange peel too.
Cool and refrigerate.


Cranberry Squares
Mix together:
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Cut in 3/4 cup of softened butter and mix altogether until crumbly.

Press 2/3 of the oat mixture into a greased 9 inch square pan. Top with 1 cup of the cranberry sauce and then sprinkle the rest of the crumbs over the cranberry layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into squares.

Here are some wonderful features from last week~

Ruth @ Antiques and Teacups shared a charming teapot made by Staffordshire. It is adorned with transferware scenes from the famous poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "The Courtship of Miles Standish." Isn't it lovely!


Diane @ An Extraordinary Day shared her fabulous sweater stocking tutorial. Hers was also the most viewed post.



Make a #SweaterStocking for #Christmas  #Recycle :: AnExtraordinaryDay.net


We have a tie for the second highest viewed posts:
Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas shared the wonderful Christmas department in a Wegman's grocery store. What fun!



And Poppy @ With a Dash of Color shared her fabulous French Country bathroom. Just beautiful!



Dianne @ Shabby Gals shared her gorgeous 1933 chest of drawers which she transformed into a thing of beauty. It even has a jewelery box built into the top of the chest; quite unique!



Coming up, I will be hosting a "HOME for the Holidays" Party beginning December 11 until the 22 of December.
You are invited to share all your Christmas and holiday decorations, baking/cooking, tablescapes, etc. Anything and everything which makes your HOME a beautiful place to be during the holidays. I hope you will plan to join me.
I know there are lots of parties coming up in Blogland and I always say, 'The more, the merrier!' 

This is my button should you wish to use it.


Thank you dear friends for welcoming us into your homes every week and thank you for visiting me today. Have a wonderful holiday this week.

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy beauty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

What's It Wednesday~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

23 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for taking time out of a very busy week to host your fun party! Have a blessed Thanksgiving....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the prayer was answered. God is faithful. Your cranberry squares sound and look delicious. Also wanted to let you know your imagery for your two Christmas party blog buttons is GORGEOUS! You always have the most lovely photos, Sandi. It's a pleasure to visit.
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,

    So happy that your prayers were answered. Thanks for hosting this wonderful party! Lovely features, today!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you prayers have been answered. Your tea set looks just perfect to enjoy a well deserved cup of tea amongst all the shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, Sandi! Your lil'tree is so cute and the cranberry squares look delicious :) Perfect little corner! Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thankful that your prayer was answered, dear Sandi! Thank you for the recipe and for hosting your party. I'm thankful for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    Praise God for your answered prayers. Thanks for the recipe too, I will have to try that. I have tried several of your recipes and they are always so good. I am always happy to tell my family that the recipe is one from my Prince Edward Island blogger friend! I just love to say that!
    This post is from last year but it is new to your Home party. I will give you a shout out for featuring my last post on my next new post coming soon.
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the story about the power of a prayer and I'm so glad that your prayer has been answered:) And, thank you so much for including my guest bath among these beautiful features here! I'm truly honored! The cranberry squares look so scrumptious and perfect for a holiday tea party! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sandi for sharing and for teaching others to be strong and carry on. Prayer is powerful and I'm glad to hear they were answered for you and your family.

    Glad to see a bit of Christmas shining through. It has been frosty over the last couple of mornings with just the right amount of snow to encourage decorating. I'll be sure to try and make it for Home for the holidays. Love your little tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you and for your mother's long awaited good news. God is so good. Have a nice evening and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    Me again, I confused you with someone else who featured me last week...sorry for the confusion!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi, so happy that the good Lord answered your prayers. Prayer is definitely a blessing in my life! YUM! Your cranberry squares sound so good. Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi,
    I am so glad, dear friend, that your prayers were answered.
    Thanks so much for the feature! I will give you a Shout out in my next post!
    And thanks for the party!! What a lovely post!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post, photos, features and delish recipe ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cranberry squares look very good! May you be blessed always! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad your prayer was answered and mom is well, God is good! I pinned your squares recipe, I'd love to make that closer to Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving! Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad your prayer was answered and mom is well, God is good! I pinned your squares recipe, I'd love to make that closer to Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving! Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I' m so happy your prayer was answered.Gorgeous party!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great inspirations! Looks like a fun party. Prayer is an amazing thing - we ask for it and then we seem surprised when our prayers are answered. At least, I do. God is always good.

    I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks so yummy and pretty....You guys probably got way more snow than us so stay safe and have fun. Hugs Sandi, and wishes for a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi it has been awhile. I am trying to catch up with everyone! I always admire all your pretty tea time treasures and you are certainly making me smile today! Those cranberry squares look amazing! I am always loving something fun with my tea! Good to see you here. Please come visit soon. I have a surprise giveaway going on! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how God hears our prayers and even two years later provides the perfect answer and the perfect timing. :) Rejoicing with you at your answer Sandi.

    Thank you so much for featuring my Sweater Stocking Tutorial this week. What a lovely blessing to come home to after being away for Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.