Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

HOME


"Let your boat of life be light,  packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you." ~ Jerome K. Jerome

Hello friends and welcome to my HOME~

Are you enjoying these last few days of springtime? This time of year feels so young and fresh to me, just like childhood.

I enjoyed having all my boys home for a visit. As it happens, I did take a spill while they were here but I had the pleasure of them waiting on me which was a nice change.

Thanks guys!

Lately I've been enjoying sipping tea from my Royal Albert Summer teacup which I found hidden away in an antique shop last Summer.  





I've been loving my new pink teapot which I found after Mother's Day for forty per cent off.




I'm sure all of you tea lovers agree that we love our tea all year round, even on a warm day.


These two HOME posts had the most views last week. Congratulations, ladies!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home shared her charming front porch. Love the cosy feel here with that pretty rug!


Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble shared her lovely 'Secret' garden which is she and hubby Joe enjoy snuggled away from the rest of the world.


Now, I would like to share with you some posts which caught my eye from last week's HOME party.

Gina @ Victorian Wanna Be baked this beautiful cake to match her pretty tea set for her Garden Tea Party. Isn't this a darling picture!


Nancy @ Two Cottages And Tea set a beautiful tea table out in her garden surrounded by white lilacs. Beautiful transferware and the scent of lilacs with fresh berries too; heavenly!


Carolyn @ Aiken House and Gardens also set a beautiful white tea out in her garden, and it's so charming! And yes, I've seen this garden in person; lucky me!



Maureen @ It's All Connected shared her tutorial on how to make these lovely curtains for her porch; simply dreamy!


It must be summertime!

Kitty @ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared her recipe for these delicious strawberry & Nutella crepes. Yum!


Kathy @ A Delightsome Life shared the fabulous transformation of her dresser into this French  style. Aren't those hydrangeas gorgeous?

French Painted Dresser 7

And Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble shared her newly painted milk can. That's a sharp-looking milk can and as soon as I'm up to it, I must give mine a new paint job! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie.


Thank you everyone for visiting and leaving your nice comments. I love it too when you link up with me.

If you have something HOME related, please write a post about it and link up with me. I will be happy to come and visit you!

Have a beautiful day, dear friends and Happy Summer!

"Dear God,
Protect our going out and coming in; let us share the hospitality of this home with all who visit us, that those who enter here may know Your love and peace." ~ Author unknown


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Open House~ http://blog.bernideens.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

15 comments :

  1. I loved seeing pics of your boys, sweet Sandi! Thank you for featuring my crepes and I appreciate the shout-out! Thank you so much for hosting and sharing at HOME. Hugs and blessings sent to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for featuring my front porch! It is truly an honor to be featured with so many talented bloggers....Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for featuring not only one but 2 of my posts, my friend!! I was so surprised!!
    I will give you a shout out in the next post that i put up which will be at the end of the week sometime....
    Thanks so much for hosting!!
    Loved seeing your sons and I adore the tea cups and pink tea pot!!
    So pretty!!

    I hope you are feeling better....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have your sons home. And I'm so sorry for you little spill. Wishes for a speedy recovery sent your way.
    I love your very special tea cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good the boys were home at the right time! :) Take care ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi! Thank You for hosting the party. I'm transported to beautiful places every time I visit your blog! Have a blessed week! Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,

    I enjoyed my visit. Oh my, that Summer tea cup and saucer is just lovely. Now I want one too!!

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places...

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. j'ai mis le même système de vignettes sur mon blog
    dans la page centrale de mon billet
    vous pouvez vous y inscrire
    un partage dés plus agréable
    à bientôt
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, thank you so much for featuring my white lilac tea! It is such a lovely surprise and a compliment to be featured along with Carolyn's beautiful garden. I enjoyed seeing your young men (did I tell you my daughter has three boys?) and I love your sofa. So pretty! Take care and praying you feel stronger every day.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Sandi
    Me alegra que llegue el colorido verano por tus tierras, una estación llena de vida, de ganas de hacer cosas, de disfrutar...

    Preciosas tus tazas, la tetera rosada, todo lo que pones para engalanar la mesa.

    Un beso grande.

    Pd Tienes unos maravillosos hijos, te felicito.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandi, I hope this finds you feeling better today! So glad your boys were there - lovely posts this week and delighted that you liked and shared the dresser - the whole project is taking on an domino effect...one thing is leading to another. I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi,
    Thank you for featuring our garden! Hope you are starting to feel better.
    So nice to welcome summer with these beautiful sunny days!

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, so sorry to hear that you took a spill. Hope you are doing much better! Love all of the garden features. And that cake, WOW! Thanks for hosting. Glad to be back partying.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the party, Sandi! Awesome features - so much inspiration :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Sandi...first...your boys are gorgeous and that they waited on their mom....they're also amazing guys. It's the first day of summer and hope you're getting the beautiful weather we are....wishing you a fabulous weekend. Stay safe okay...

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.