Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 18 October 2010

39th Tea Time Tuesday


It is 4:00 on the Island and it is the perfect time for afternoon tea! So, welcome to my 39th Tea Time Tuesday friends!

Several of you ladies have already posted your tea parties so I decided to post mine early too. It is hard to believe that tea time has rolled around once again! Seems as though the weeks have taken wings and are simply flying by. I am already thinking about Christmas posts.


Today however, I am sharing some blues for tea time. I don't have much blue in my home any longer, on the main floor anyway. Downstairs I suppose there is quite a bit of blue, remnants from when the boys were growing up. But here on the main level of our home, I surround myself with pink, creamy white, aqua, and red with a bit of apple green thrown in.

I spent so many years accomodating the men in my life that now it's my turn to indulge in my girliness. But today the theme of my tea is a wee bit of blue and white.


"A cup of tea warms the soul like a good friend."

A Blue Willow salad plate, another white teapot, a birdie creamer, and a Delft Blue ginger jar holding a white candle, all snuggle up to a crackle-finished birdhouse in blue and white. Since I don't have any blue teacups, I am using two different teacups with a bit of blue in each.


The first teacup, I used last week and I'm sure you recall the Elizabethan with its roses and bluebells. Love the daintiness of this teacup and the pretty handle. Again, I know nothing about this sweet teacup other than it was a shower gift once upon a time and it is made of fine bone china in England.
The little white teapot I found while browsing our hospital gift shop, Lillibets, a while back. The little birdie creamer I found at a tea room one day last Summer and it was a good deal too at less than five dollars.

" Tea~ A hug in a cup."

I am also using a Rose Chintz teacup because its floral pattern has tiny blue flowers in it.
Rose Chintz by Johnson Bros. of England is the pattern I love to collect mostly because of the happy childhood memories I associate with the pattern. I do love the pink florals as well!
I think the Rose Chintz teacup looks better because the Elizabethan is rather dainty for this particular teascape. In any case, I have Rooibos Chai tea ready to sip on if you care to join me.

I am offering a couple of sweets to enjoy with your tea today. Home made chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. This decadent cake is made from scratch and the raspberries are simply cooked on the stovetop with a little sugar. I love how the raspberry sauce pools on the plate; a delicious dessert and just right for a Fall day!

I also have pumpkin muffins fresh out of the oven. These muffins are spicy and filled with plump juicy raisins. Some green grapes and my favourite Baby Bel Swiss cheese and I have myself a nice accompaniment to the tea.

My weekly tea party offers me a wonderful opportunity to bake something fresh for my hubby and any company that might stop by unexpectedly. On Wednesdays, I also host a Bible study group in my home so there is always something yummy being served here!

A little cup of Friendship
Is in this bag of tea
When you sit and sip it
Think of warm thoughts from me.


May your days be
Steeped with Joy
And warmed with Love.


And if I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the Sea.
But since I can't, I'm sending you
My favourite cup of tea.

Many warm thoughts are coming your way today. I appreciate each one of you and especially my regular participants for you are the lovely ladies who make this tea party worthwhile. Today as you visit one another I hope that you will try to visit the link before you and after you. That way everyone will get a visitor.

" Let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." ~ Galations 6:9

If you would like to participate in my tea party, please let me know in your comment. Share a teacup, teapot, or china used in a tea. You may also do coffee, iced tea, or chocolate if you wish. The Tea Time Tuesday button near the top of my sidebar is available for you to use in your post if you wish. As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit my other lovely participants.

The participants listed below are in the order in which they first began participating.



Participants







I am also linking with the other tea party hostesses. You will find them below with the asterisks before their names.


* Martha~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/ ~ Tea Cup Tuesday
* Terri~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/ ~ Tea Cup Tuesday

* Wanda Lee~ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/~ Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday
* Pam~ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/ ~ Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday
* Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor~
* Wanda Lee~ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/ ~ Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea for Me and Thee
*Miss Spenser's Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

38 comments :

  1. Hello, Sandi! So good to visit with you once again. I really like your Blue Willow. What a cute birdie and teapot too. It goes without saying that your Rose Chintz tea cup as well as the first tea cup you showed are lovely and they look nice with blue and white accents. Your goodies always look delicious! I bet hubby really likes Mondays since you bake something delicious! Thanks for hosting Tea Time Tuesday!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sandi,
    thank you so much for linking me in your wonderful tea party. Your tea setting is fabulous. I would never believe how wonderful it looks when you combine this blue willow plate with the lovely tea cups. This look unbelievably nice. All the blue and white hues give the tea cups such a calm background. The tea cups seem to gleam. And you always serve such goodies. The chocolate cake with raspberries and the pumpkin muffins look delicious. Thank you so much for having me for tea.
    Beste regards, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi: Your wee white bird and the crackle birdhouse look perfect cozied up to your blues! And your desserts ~ simply divine! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet lady...

    Sandi, your tea is lovely today! You know, I love your pretty rose chintz teacup with that beautiful blue! I think the blue accentuates it beautifully! I love your birdhouse...darling! Such pretties...thank you for sharing them with us today! It's always such a treat to come to your place, my friend! Ohhh...and your sweets look divine! Raspberry is my favorite...so chocolate cake with the raspberry sauce would be my choice!!! Hmmm...the pumpkin muffins sure do look yummy too!

    Well dear lady, I do hope that my note is finding you and your sweet family all doing well!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    PS...so happy that you stopped in for a visit! I enjoyed your sweet note, Sandi! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi!

    Happy Tea Tuesday! Your tea is lovely. I also love to see Blue Willow. It is one of the most timeless patterns! And your teacups are so pretty. It was fun to see your pumpkin muffins because I have some baking in the over right now! Everything looks wonderful and of course, thank you for hosting!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi
    Tea time already this week!
    Your blue and white china is pretty and I do like the birdhouse and little white birdie creamer.
    I'm posting early because I'll not be around until tomorrow night.
    Have a good week.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    Love the white teapot and bird creamer. They look perfect with the birdhouse! I also love how you mix and matched your teacups. Once again, a very pretty tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white, pink and blue look together. It's very patchwork if you ask me. I also love the quotes you add to the tea time. Galations verse: One of the best. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of my favorite things: blue and white, Johnson Brothers china, linens .... and delicious raspberries!!!!!! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi: Beautiful as always. Please include me as your regular. I love joining your party each week. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandi :) Lovely little tablescape with the crisp white and blues, and love that you added a pretty pink rose cup to it :) That cake looks just scrumptious!! Save me a piece! My teapost for this week is up :) Have a lovely evening, and a Happy Tea tuesday!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the touches of blue today and the pumpkins look so hearty! A lovely tea for an Autumn afternoon. Have a great week Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chocolate with raspberry sauce will be my choice! I'd love to join you with a sweet Tea Time children's book that arrived today.

    Time seems to fly this time of year for me, too, so I am wanting to skip Halloween, go to Thanksgiving and on to Christmas.

    Thank you for sharing with us and doing all the work!! ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Dear Sandi, How lovely your table looks this week...I am loving that teapot and the deserts look amazingly delish...I hope you get a moment to stop by and visit with me and my very special tea guests this week.
    Blessings to you and yours
    Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,

    Its always nice to stop by here. Yr teacups are beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing. Im joining yr teacup here.

    http://geearjay.blogspot.com/2010/10/join-me-4-teacup-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi!
    I am delighted to visit with you again for another tea party tuesday!
    I really love the way you mixed the blue with the roses and will definitely be hunting for some blue plates! It looks so fresh and crisp!
    And I am writing down your sweet tea sentiments :-)
    You really know how to make a guest feel welcomed with your special tasty treats! A real labor of love!!
    I enjoyed my time at the Rose Chintz Cottage!!!
    Hugs and Smiles,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi! I'd love to join you today for tea! I love your blues...so pretty, and with the rose designs on the blue willow it makes it really pop!
    http://faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/fruity-teacup-and-100th-post-giveaway.html
    here's my url and thanks so much for hosting a fun Tea!!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi dear, after a hard day at work, I feel like plopping down and drink a tea from your chintz teacup and enjoy your yummylicious sweet treat! awesome! thanks for sharing.
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi, I have begun participating in your tea time. I love your sweet words of Christian encouragement, and your rose chintz china just begs me to sip a cup of tea while I enjoy your tea things and tea settings. Thank-you. ( I also listed a link to your Rose Chintz Cottage in my blog)

    I especially like the way you combined blue, my favorite color, in with the rose chintz~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi dear!!!
    I was having camera troubles today...my batteries decided to die and I needed 4 and only had 3...but alas they finally worked! lol Oh the things I go through for my beloved Tea post! lol

    I love anything blue and still have tried to incorporated them. But like you I don't do a huge amount in my main areas...unless a Royal blue wall counts, lol? ya think?

    You certainly have a gifted eye. I always love your sweet vinettes and yummy goodies...do you have a special recipe for your muffins, they sound so good!

    Okay...I am off to make sure you are linked. See ya sweet friend!

    Tea Blessings,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo pretty! I never go to that much effort and I see I sure should! It's usually "throw a bag in a cup" around here at the cottage ... :-)

    Warm hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Sandi,
    I love joining your tea parties - you are always a gracious host. You know I love your Rose Chintz cup the best because that is the the cup that I have a match to at my home!
    Please include me in your tea time post.
    <>< Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi, You are in the best place for afternnon tea. Does it feel any different? like walking back in history? Great idea to use the little blue jar for the candle! Love the combination of florals with the blue and white.
    I am feeling peck-ish after looking at your desrts. A wee taste of both and a cuppa would make be grand.
    Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a lovely presentation! I so enjoyed seeing all! Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi - I love how you mixed and matched your blue plate with other colorful teacups. Love the vignette with the lil bird and his house. CUTE!!!

    Happy Tea Tuesday!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an inspiring meme, visiting from Beth's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi, thank you for your beautiful post. I love your tea cups, they are both beautiful. Your blue and white is gorgeous as well. I don't have any, but I love looking at it.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello there dear lady!

    Oh my Sandi, I so love your pairing of your Blue Willow with your tea things and pretties; the pink, white and little flowers on your teacups and teapots and the yummy foood are pure delight!

    Thanks SO MUCH FOR ALSO JOINING US WITH OUR LITTLE TEA PARTIES THIS WEEK ONCE AGAIN; WE ALWAYS SO ENJOY THE WARMTH OF YOUR PRESENCE AND KIND PARTICIPATION!

    CHEERS AND HUGS FROM WANDA LEE

    P.S.~ (Ooops, I hit the 'caps button' by accident).., Have a marvelous and blessed week Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really liked your first teacup it is beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your blue and white display is lovely. The two pretty teacups look great with the blue.

    The homemade chocolate raspberry cake and pumpkin muffins look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi,
    A lovely tea time again-I was too disorganized to get ready this week.
    We are planning to go away for a few days soon so I am trying to get ready for that.
    Chocolate cake and raspberry sauce sounds good.
    Funny, I have been thinking of Christmas decorating too even though last year I clearly remember saying as we packed it all away that this year I wasn't going to do much decorating and here I am poring over Christmas books already-no wonder Andrew laughed when I said that!
    Hope all is well,

    Carolym

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good for you going "girlie" with your Rose Chintz!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandi. Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog and leaving a message. I appreciate it! I loved looking at all your beautiful pictures. So much inspiration. Thanks again !
    much love,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Sandi!
    I just wanted to get back to you on doing mosaics..they are very simple. I go to BIGHUGELABS.com and they have the area that you just design what you want and then download your pictures. When you are done, all I do is a copy/paste to my computer and I have picture that I can download. If you need any help...don't hesitate to email me. chicfriends @wowway.com.

    Hugs..Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have some of those blue dishes--and I love how you have paired it with the pink teacup!! Nice idea; I will have to remember that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi,
    This is my first stop at your "tea party"...and how I wish I were sitting there now! So pretty...and yummy! Thank you for sharing your beautiful life.
    Hugs, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Sandi! What a lovely setting for tea! And your goodies look so yummy! I love pumpkin muffins! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a wonderful tea party, I love your willow plate, just like some I have. That chocolate cake with raspberries looks totally divine - yummmmm :) Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.