Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 20 November 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Happy Friday everyone~ I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home today for "Show and Tell Friday." I love Cindy's blog http://romantichome.blogspot.com/ and hers was the first blog I discovered. It is still one of my favourites!

For my post today I would like to share the farm I made for my father. I'm sorry to those of you who have seen this in my last post.

My Daddy always loved farms, especially red barns, so I made this ceramic farm for him. I had made the barn and silo first and gave it to him for Christmas one year. Then I made the farm house for Father's Day and finally the old mill for his birthday.

When he passed away, my mother gave it back to me and I have incorporated it into my Christmas village which I have all along the ledge in the Family room.
Whenever I set the farm out for Christmas, I always think of him. I really do miss him, especially this time of year. He always made Christmas magical in our home when I was growing up and I have such wonderful memories.

Please take some time to visit Cindy today and check out her wonderful Friday post and all her participants. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will come again soon.


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

13 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi...That is so sweet that you made the farm for your dad and that when you set it out you think of him. My dad made special holiday memories for me too and I really miss him everyday but especially during the holidays. Thanks for sharing!~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farm is wonderful and special that it gives you found memories of your dad.
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - I'm blaming you for my not getting my house cleaning done.

    First you leave a comment on my blog (thank you), and when I popped over to take a peak at your blog I ended up reading a gazillion posts (I live in a yellow house and added your cousin to my "prayer bowl", and your farm is just tooooooo cute)

    Then I had to check out the family pictures, all your house pictures (your current house is almost an exact duplicate of my last house, and a few recipes.

    All the while my wash is needing to be put in the dryer, house needs vacuuming, furniture needs polishing, and on and on!

    Proof positive that you have a great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi...

    Just had to come over after reading the sweet notes that you've left for me on my faux fireplace project and my Seasonal Snippets! Thank you so much, my friend!

    Girlfriend, I love your beautiful ceramic pieces...especially the red barn and silo! How very sweet that you made these for your Dad...I'm sure that he just treasured them! I'm so sorry about your Dad's passing but how very sweet to have these beautiful pieces back and so many fond memories of your Dad when you look at them!!!

    Thank you for sharing them with us...I bet they'll be fabulous mixed in with your Christmas village! I would love to see it!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW NICE TO HAVE THAT MEMORY AS PART OF YOUR DECORATING..LOVELY POST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, I love your Christmas farm. My dad loved barns also...he painted them. I'm also getting very excited that Christmas is coming. I hope my energy can keep up with my love for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet your Dad enjoyed your creations while he was still with you and now you can enjoy them also and remember him fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little farm house, barn and trees are so pretty and they make such a nice Christmas setting. How wonderful that you made it for him and he was able to enjoy it before his life here was over. Bless you, Cindy S. (from Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sandi... can't believe you made those! How wonderful! Neat, too, that you made them for your dad and that your mother let you have them back to enjoy. That's so spcial. My father was my best friend in the world, and I adored him. He loved Christmas, too. My mother said once that she thought Daddy loved Christmas even more than all of us wee ones did. LOL!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely memory of your father Sandi. The red barns are beautiful.

    I wanted to tell you I see the ticker for your son coming home and I think that is so sweet.

    Have a blessed Thansgiving.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I miss my Daddy too!!
    He always decorated the Chriatmas Tree ever since we were all little kids. He was such a perfectionist and always decorated the most beautiful tree year after year. I think that is where I got my creativity from and he wrote poetry as well. Thanks for sharing your memories of your dad with us and your beautiful photos.

    Luv Ya Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a wonderful little treasure that is indeed! The barn is adorable Thanks for sharing ~Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.