Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 25 April 2009

Spiritual Sundays


I hope you all had a lovely week. Thank you Charlotte & Ginger for once again hosting Spiritual Sundays!

This week I would like to share a poem which my sweet Auntie P sent me. She continues to send me lovely emails even while she is vacationing down in Florida. This is one I received the other day and it is a lovely way to use the alphabet.

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." PSALMS 100: 4-5

Although things are not perfect

Because of trials or pain,

Continue in thanksgiving

Do not begin to blame.

Even when the times are hard

Fierce winds are bound to blow

God is forever able

Hold on to what you know.

Imagine life without His love

Joy would cease to be;

Keep thanking Him for all things

Love imparts to thee.

Move out of "Camp Complaining"

No weapon that is known

On earth can yield the power

Praise can do alone.

Quit looking at the future

Redeem the time at hand

Start everyday with worship

To "thank" is a command.

Until we see Him coming

Victorious in the sky,

We'll run the race with gratitude

Xalting God Most High.

Yes, there'll be good times & yes, there'll be bad, but....

Zion waits in glory...where no one is ever sad!

"I AM too blessed to be stressed!" The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Please click on the Spiritual Sundays button on my sidebar to visit other inspirationals and stories. I pray you will all have a blessed weekend and a wonderful & restful Sunday.

14 comments :

  1. What a great poem, Sandi. Thank you for sharing it with us today.
    And I love your Pink Saturday post - especially that first beautiful pink rose.
    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I host a similar meme on Sundays called Faith Filled Sundays. Thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to praise the Lord! I have also heard of people singing through the alphabet (hymn titles that begin with A,B,C)It would give my brain a workout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and your Aunty for sharing this poem, it was wonderful giving plenty of food for thought.
    Have a wonderful Sunday, Sandi!
    Hugs
    Melly:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that "I'm too blessed to be stressed." Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Sandi, that was simply amazing and beautifully written. I printed it on taped it on my desk. I so needed that, "word for word." Thank you Aunt for sharing her work and putting it out into the Universe. We never know who we will touch with our grace and words of comfort until we release them from our hearts and let the spirits flow where they may!

    Love to you for a restful and happy Sunday!
    China

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem with SOOO much truth in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this alphabet poem. Thank you so much for sharing it. No complaining for me today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful poem. I have never heard anything like that with the ABC.
    I'm glad that you shared this today.
    Blessing,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    How blessed to have an Auntie to send you such inspiring E-mails, this was so enjoyable thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those blue and white porcelain items... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful blog! it is filled with such beauty all around from many facets of inspiration. Thank you for sharing with all of us. I love the Rose chintz dishes too.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.