Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 4 October 2008

Welcome to My Blog ~ Rose Chintz Cottage




Welcome to Rose Chintz Cottage~  


Hello, my name is Sandi and I am a home maker; a wife, a mother, and a grandmother. I am married to my sweetie, the most wonderful man in the world and retired pastor, and we have three handsome sons and five darling grandchildren.




One of the main reasons why I started this blog was because I wanted an outlet of sorts to express myself; my thoughts, my pictures, crafts, stories, and to share about my faith and my family. No longer a church secretary has made me miss doing up bulletins and writing short stories for them. This blog fills that void in my life and hopefully will help to meet some other like-minded friends. This blog also gives my children who live off Island a chance to check in whenever they want to see what their mom is up to.


When I was a little girl, I used to dream about growing up, getting married, and living happily ever after with my prince and my babies. Well, I've lived my dream. That's not to say there haven't been any hard times; there have been plenty, but hard times only serve to make you stronger...hopefully.

I have worn many hats, {I have studied nursing, cosmetology, ran a ladies wear store, and was a pastor's wife, church secretary and music director}, but being a stay-at-home mom caring for my family, has been to date, the most satisfying job I have ever had. And if I could do it all over again, I would....be a stay-at-home mom, that is!

I live on PEI where we are surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches and where there is a slower pace of life; which suits me just fine. We enjoy all four seasons here including snow in the wintertime, and about the only thing we're missing are mountains and palm trees. It is Anne of Green Gables country and we are blessed to live on this Island!

In 1989, I was diagnosed with a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Myasthenia Gravis. For several years I had to rely on a cane to get around but now I am able to walk without one. Indeed, most people would not even be aware of my condition because I look "normal" most of the time. If I'm having an off day, I won't be outside my house. But I am thankful every day I wake up and I do the best I can with the life I've been given. For this, I give thanks to God; which brings me to my next confession.....

I am a born again Christian and I am thankful for all that God has done in my life.
My husband is a former pastor and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve the Lord by his side. We continue to have a heart for all of God's children; young, old, and from all walks of life. These days, I host a weekly bible study in our home and I so enjoy welcoming everyone through my yellow door.

I enjoy crafting, decorating, music, photography, reading, blogging/writing, and thrifting. A walk along the beach or a path in the woods are two of my most favourite things to do.

I enjoy my life and all of God's creation; for He makes all things beautiful! 


I collect vintage dishes too. Rose Chintz is the pattern I am most passionate about collecting although I do look for transferware too. I'm especially fond of red and pink.




Rose Chintz is of course the inspiration behind all my decorating including my blog name. I absolutely cannot get enough of it!

Some facts about me: I am a romantic, I'm sentimental, and I'm very analytical. It's a weird combination, I know; but my Auntie P tells me that is what makes me so unique.

~ But then we are all unique in our own way!


I have so much more I want to share with you and I hope you will come back and visit soon....In the meantime, enjoy your day....


Each day comes bearing its own gifts....untie the ribbons!


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

2 comments :

  1. Wellll Sandi..I am up very early this morning..the fibromyalgia does that..but I have to tell you..I am a Pink and Red girl myself...
    getting to know you through your blog this early morning here in the Pacific Northwest.
    deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, when I read your current post, I felt compelled to look up your first post. You started blogging 1 year and 4 months before I did, and I wasn't even reading blogs before I started one.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.