Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 27 October 2014

My Last Pink Tea for October in Honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I believe in being strong
when everything seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls 
are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow
is another day,
and I believe in miracles. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Hello lovely ladies and welcome to my last Pink Tea for October! I think Audrey had a wonderful philosophy. I know being happy and counting your blessings can take you a long way. 

Anne of Green Gables said, "....isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" ~ LM Montgomery  
And yes, I too, believe in miracles.

Most people like to be around happy people. One of the reasons why I was attracted to my hubby, besides his being so cute, was because he was a happy guy and he made me laugh. 

Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. ~ Denis Waitley



Many things make me happy and some of those things include pretty teacups and roses. Sipping tea from a lovely teacup brings a sense of gentility and peace into one's life. 



Today's teacups are two that are very different but are both a beautiful soft pink adorned with lots of gold. In keeping with my Pink for Breast Cancer, I am also using my soft pink teapot.



Please make yourself at home and let's enjoy some tea and home made Cherry squares frosted with pink icing.



When I first began getting my post ready, it was bright and sunny. 



Since then it has started to rain so, to add a little coziness, I have lit the fire.



When you're cold, tea will warm you!


There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James



Some of the china I have used in this post today is made by: Colclough, Windsor, Skye McGhie, Peppertree, Johnson Bros., and Ganz. The vintage silverware is Evening Star by Oneida.

This concludes my Pink Teas for October. Next week is a new month and for my American friends, Thanksgiving is in the air. Those of us who live in Canada are preparing for Christmas. The next number of weeks will be a whirlwind of activity and preparations. Be sure to take a few moments out of your busy schedule to relax and enjoy a cup of tea. 

"Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes." ~ Charles Dickens

Have a beautiful day everyone and be sure to get your mammogram!



 I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

32 comments :

  1. Sandi, those pink and gold teacups are gorgeous! If those were in my collection I think they would be among my very favorites!
    Thank you for dedicating this month to pink in honor of breast cancer awareness. Blessings to you, Deborah
    (love your cozy fire, and pink iced treats too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi. I agree that a husband needs to make you laugh! I have one like that too! I love your pretty pink china. And the cherry bars look delicious. Yep...we are into the busy season, aren't we...so a cup of tea and a bit of reflection and time to be thankful is essential! Thanks for hosting, and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea my dear friend!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a survivor I thank you for all the special posts you have done this month.

    I do like the teacup with the soft pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pleasing way to remind us all about our part in prevention of this awful disease. Your posting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tea post today. I love the soft pinks and your pretty pumpkins too. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandi
    This was a pleasant month of pink teas for a good cause. Although I would never have enough pink pots or cups to show every week, I enjoyed all the china and accessories you have shared.
    Thank you for hosting our tea gathering for so long. It's a time I like each week to chat with the others and see what everyone has set up for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed all of your pink posts this month...thank you for hosting such a lovely tea party. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandi

    Thank you for hosting your Pink Tea Party, I'm glad I could add my post to the last one for the month.

    Your quotes are a joy to read and yes a good sense of humour helps us get through testing times when they come along!

    You have such a wonderful collection of beautiful tea cups. Today's two pink cups are both lovely - being a rose lover the one with the rose in the bottom of the cup is the one I would choose!

    Enjoy your week
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,m
    I agree with you in liking to be around happy people. I gravitate towards those kinds myself.
    Your tea is so lovely and I always enjoy your gentle spirit. The teacups are so pretty and I could use a cherry square. Your pink roses are something to behold. Did your sweetie buy them for you?
    Thank you for hosting, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been a rough month for me but I am a very lucky person. I love the quote from Audrey Hepburn. I am going to have a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    Oh my! I do love those gorgeous pale pink teacups. The one with the rose in the middle of the cup is so elegant. Your tea plate is a beauty too! Wish I could have tea with you and try your cherry squares. I will miss the pink next month....but maybe I will just have to keep celebrating pink next month too! Lol!
    Thank you for hosting today and honouring Breast Cancer Awareness this month! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tea....and what a wonderful cause! Love your theme. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting a wonderful month of lovely pink teas, Sandi! Your teatime today is amazing - and your treats with the soft pink icing - YUM!

    Happy to join you today with my little Halloween one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi! Those cherry bars with the pink icing look delicious! The teacup with the gold and the pink rose is gorgeous! Your tea is so pretty this week, and I really like that Anne of Green Gables quote (it's always fun when you use them :) ). Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post and tea today Sandi,

    Your cake looks scrumptious, thanks for sharing your pink tea cups and tea pot. The rain will go away and the sun will come out tomorrow, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sandi! Pink roses, pumpkins, pink frosting, lovely cups and rain?! Sounds like a fabulous afternoon. Nice quotes, too. Thanks for hosting each week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty table, Sandi! Love the pink and gold combo. Those squares look mighty tasty too! Such a lovely way to bring awareness to this cause!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the party, my Friend!! Your tea cups is stunning!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rose is beautiful... and it sets the tone for your wonderful and delicate china. Such a sweet pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tea table is beautiful, and I love your carefully selected quotes. Thank you for dedicating the month to breast cancer awareness.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi, Your Pink Tea for October is a wonderful idea brought to beautiful fruition. In addition to enjoying a lot of loveliness it has been a great way to remind and encourage us all to get that mammogram. Angels to you! And now I'm going to go enjoy visiting some of the nicest party girls ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi :) I haven't joined You for Tea in so long and miss doing so.I got a little mixed up in My days,I'm behind one.Decided to join You anyways.Your pretty soft settings are so relaxing, I enjoyed.The reason I have a hard time joining in is I have featured all I have and truly have no room in My cupboards to buy more.I am in the mood though and will enjoy all the ladies Tea post's-Thank You for still being Here.Hugs to You Sweet Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Sandi,
    this is a lovely photo of the pink rose, so innocent and sweet. Your tea setting is charming in all details. Love the cups and for sure the treats. And the wonderful quotes. Thank you for sharing this all and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fitting and lovely finale of pink teas this month. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi. I love love love the quotes you used in this post. They're so comforting. You're ending to a 'pink' month is awesome. Hugs and wishes for a beautiful rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for all the pretty pink posts this month. They were all so beautiful and touched my heart. It will be a year next month that we found out our precious daughter was loosing her battle with breast cancer. Miss her so much!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely post, I lost a grandmother to cancer and a close friend and I have another friend who's bee fighting it for years now. You tea cups pot everything is just lovely. Thank you for sharing. Happy Autumn with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another beautiful pink tea Sandi! You have so many gorgeous teacups!! The cherry bars look delicious! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sandi, gorgeous tea in honor of Breast Cancer Month! Love the roses and especially the beautiful teacups! I'll be sharing a similar one later today! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. What pretty pink teawares -- and in honor of such a good cause! You're making me think I want to host a pink-themed tea in ... January! Why wait for Valentine's Day? And those cherry squares are making me hungry ...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful china Sandi! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.