Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 20 October 2014

A Little Pink and Whimsy for Tea Time


We gather simple pleasures like daisies by the way. ~ Louisa May Alcott

Welcome friends to another Tea Time Tuesday to celebrate pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.



This is my pink grocery store bouquet, including daisies, which graces my table today. The proceeds for this bouquet go towards finding a cure for breast cancer.



The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

To all you beautiful ladies who have survived breast cancer, to those of you who are living with breast cancer, and to those of you who have lost a loved one to breast cancer or any cancer, our thoughts and prayers go out to you. God bless you all!

I was out in the yard the other day and I couldn't help but admire my next door neighbor's pink rose bush which she planted this past spring. Aren't they gorgeous? I don't know what variety they are but I'm sure all you gardeners would know. It must be a hardy rose bush because the roses have survived the heavy frost so far. 


It is lovely to see a pop of pink when everything around me is red, orange, yellow, and brown.


The frost has pretty much killed my beautiful mums I showed you last week but on a brighter and more whimsical side of things, we have had more mushrooms and toadstools on our back lawn this year than any other year. 



I believe the fairies have been playing back there because there is a fairy ring.

It has been unusually warm the last week or so and my little fairy friends did indeed come out to play. 


This little fairy came to me via my Auntie P. Her name is January but because her wings are a rusty peach colour, I have nicknamed her Autumn.

This is her friend Breena who has joined us for tea many times in the past. She is wearing her soft pink. Both fairies were enjoying playing on the toadstools.



They were sunning themselves just before my hubby cut the grass and their toadstools disappeared. So, off they flew.

Every person's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers. ~ Hans Christian Anderson {1805-1875}


Do you like my posies in the pink canning jar? I found the jar at HomeSense in New Brunswick and it being a pretty pink, I had to bring it home with me. 



Now, time for tea. I have set the tea table with some of my Johnson Bros. Rose Chintz and Skye McGhie Cream Lace as well as a Pierced Lace cup and saucer.



My Rose Chintz teapot is sitting on a pretty pink Victorian Chintz plate made by Burleigh.



The Skye McGhie Cream Lace teapot sits on a square Rose Chintz plate.



Life is like a teacup to be filled to the brim and enjoyed with friends. ~ Unknown



Skye McGhie Pierced Lace.



The wee fairies have joined us for tea.



The tea party is a spa for the soul. You leave your cares and work behind. ~ Alexandra Stoddard



For our tea treat today I have pumpkin pie with whipped cream. 


And a lovely pumpkin tea bread which my friend brought the other day.


It is delicious spread with cream cheese!



For our tea, I am serving David's Pumpkin Chai and Twinings English Breakfast. Would you like a piece of pie or tea bread with your cuppa?




I hope you have enjoyed my pinks today and I am delighted you could join me for tea. Next week is the last week in October so it will be my last Pink Tea for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  But we must continue to pray for a cure for this dreaded disease. 

Please take good care of yourself and get that mammogram.

Have a beautiful day dear friends and the Lord bless you!

Autumn is a celebration of nature,
its rarefied air tugging at our senses,
begging for praise to the Creator. ~ June Masters Bacher


 I am joining the following parties as well~

 A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home



 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

30 comments :

  1. Everything is so lovely, Sandi, but the best part for me was the fairy ring! So much fun. I know there is some scientific explanation for it, but I so prefer to think of it as a place for the fairies to gather. I have to admit I was a little sad to hear it got mowed down. Sigh . . . my husband would have done the same thing. Maybe they'll just magically spring up again.
    I think I'll have the English breakfast and pumpkin bread please, in that beautiful pierced lace teacup.
    The quote by E. Kubler-Ross is beautiful, and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Thanks for hosting another tea part for us this week...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi. Love all the pretty flowers Your toadstools and fairies are so cute...we have a lot here too. The china all goes so beautifully and the pumpkin bread sounds wonderful! Thanks for hosting and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi, your teas are always a delight! I love your kindness, your settings, your gentleness and your quotes. I would love a piece of pie with some pumpkin chai tea! Thank you for hosting your party for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    I love, love, love Johnson Brother's Rose Chintz! After seeing it on your blogspot I searched for some and now must stop collecting. It looks so beautiful with your other teacups today. Thank you for your dedication to Honouring Breast Cancer this month with your kind words of hope and encouragement. It is such a pleasure to participate! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fairies on the mushrooms put a smile on my face, Sandi! That ring did look like it could have been magical! :O) Beautiful tea table setting as usual. Be blessed, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful ..Delightful to see the fairies coming to tea... and your grocery bouquet is brilliant..I love the colour fuchsia. Your pierced lace dishes are so pretty with the rose chintz... I'm on my way to PEI tomorrow..So will think of you when I'm passing through, my Friend.. Have an ENCHANTING week ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the party, Sandi! I have not had the time to do a Tea post in awhile but i thought the Harvest Tea would be okay.....
    What a lovely post and I adore those fairies!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a special tea time with your pretty dishes, flowers, and fairies! Your desserts look yummy! I haven,t had pumpkin bread yet! Also, I enjoyed your lovely post last week and seeing that sweet teaspoon! You are always a blessing to me wih your tea time posts. Hope you liked my toadstool and fairies!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely pink things, and lucky friends come calling and bring pumpkin bread, it sounds yummy. The decications to breat cancer is a wonderful way of making awareness. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi! I love love LOVED the fairy ring, complete with friendly fairies :). Your pink tea was lovely--my favorite picture was of the pink with that wonderful piece of pumpkin pie (or maybe I'm just hungry for pie?). Thanks for hosting, and have a great week! Sorry for the deleted comment--I was having some typing issues tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi: I love your pink roses. I had a tough day today and it was such a pleasure to read your post and see the lovely china. Thank you for being you! Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,your tea setting is so pretty. I haven't done a tea post for ages,but still like to see others. Maybe I'll do one next week I love those little fairies on the toad stools Have a nice day x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tea, Sandi - lovely pink and adorable fairies!
    I appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice treat to share, pumpkin bread. It would be so tasty right now for my breakfast. What a nice friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How darling! Love your fairies and the toadstools! Your Chintz is so pretty! What a great idea to help bring awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm joining in the tea party today. Love all your beautiful teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm happy that you found a pink canning jar Sandi, it's perfect for you.
    There are more fairy rings at our arboretum this year than ever before, I'd love to see the fairies dancing under the moonlight.
    When my granddaughter and I had our tea that is posted this week I asked if she liked using a teacup better than a mug. She thought it was nicer, more formal and girly-like. I had a big smile after hearing her answer - she gets it!
    Thank you for hosting another wonderful tea gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Sandi,
    your tea party are also a spa for my soul. Love all the quotes. Do you know if the Toadstools are edible? They look so good. Amazing, that the rose is still blooming. Your tea setting is again lovely. The Skye McGhie Tee set look so dainty. Very nice combination with the Chintz Rose. You spoil us with pie and tea cake. All looks so yummy. Thank you so much for your efforts in honor of Breast Cancer. I will include all in my prayers.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely tea table setting... I really like the pretty plates under your tea pots... I have done that and liked it, but haven't seen it often. So many pretty things and pretty pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whether I post or not I always love to visit Tuesdays tea party. I have been trying to hold out but seeing your tea bread ... I'm caving and making some! The fairy ring pictures are adorable. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi. I looked a 'mini' tea party post. It was more about not being able to post my 'tea party' photo's than the actual party. I hope you don't mind. Maybe I can get some help so I can get ALL my photo's posted. Thanks for the linky. I love Tea Parties!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi, I love the fairies on the toad stool. And aren't they lovely to join us for tea? All the cakes look scrumpscioulicios.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi,
    Another pretty tea time....always love the rose chintz.
    I hope this lovely weather holds up at least until we get our garden cleaned up!

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  26. I played with my tea cups and covered tea spoons yesterday.Your fairies are so cute on the mushrooms
    And of course I love your rose Chintz pattern china and that burleigh saucer.
    It's always enjoyable coming over for a visit

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Sandi,

    Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. Your blog is absolutely lovely! I've been enjoying your tea parties. Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your tribute to the brave women fighting breast cancer. Your flowers are beautiful, and more so your heart. Hugs. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a pretty china pattern. I love the fairy on the mushrooms.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.