Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 3 November 2014

A Lavender Tea


I’m so blessed to have friends like you to share in everything I do. For one special friend sharing a special cup of tea truly makes this a perfect recipe. ~ Author unknown

Welcome friends to a new month of Tea Time Tuesday. I would like to thank all of you who participated in my Pink Tea for Breast Cancer Awareness in October. It is a cause that I very much believe in.

November has arrived and the time has gone back one hour again giving us less daylight hours. It invites us to light the candles and bask in the warmth of a fire; a time to cozy up on the sofa with a throw, a good book, and a hot cup of tea.

The busy season is upon us; Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here in Canada we have already enjoyed the bounty of Thanksgiving so our thoughts turn toward Christmas; my favourite holiday of the year.

The other day a package arrived in the mail from Marcia Pilar. I had won her pretty tea tags in a give-away. Thank you Marcia!





Before I begin pulling out all the Christmas decorations I am having a Lavender tea with little pops of Autumn colour. Would you care to join me?

Beneath the tea setting today is my favourite seasonal topper which I won several years ago from Bernideen



I love the cut work and gold thread embellishment. The orange and purple motif make this a very attractive addition to an Autumn tea.



I am using my Purple Pansy teapot and violet teacups made by Gracie.



My other teacup is Royal Albert Road to the Isles. I like the autumnal landscape with the addition of heather on the teacup and saucer.


The backside of this lovely cup.



I have been meaning to make cornbread for a while and last week Cindy at Grandma's Afternoons  had cornbread in her tea post. 


This gave me the incentive to bake up some in my iron skillet. I will share my recipe later on in the week. This time of year especially, I do love the spices so my cornbread has jalapeno peppers in it.



The cornbread has a bit of heat so I am sipping Earl Grey tea to cool down the palette. The cornbread is wonderful served hot and smeared with butter.



Tea Tip ~ When making tea sandwiches, remember that they should be easy to eat. They should not be overly large with chunky ingredients that might fall apart into one's lap.~ Internet, Thrifty Foods

 

Afternoon tea is a lovely time to indulge in pretty china and a delicious beverage. It's a time to enjoy a few moments of solitude or the companionship of friends. 


Before I close my tea for today, I thought I would share a little more lavender or purple. This is my little three year old granddaughter wearing her new jacket which she picked out herself. 



I am so happy you have stopped by and thank you for visiting. Have a lovely day!


I am sharing this post with the following parties ~

 A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

33 comments :

  1. Hello Sandi, Your lavenders are really beautiful. Love your teacups. The tea tags you won are so beautifully done. Very nice. Enjoy your Earl Grey and cornbread today! Have a wonderful week, Sandi.
    Hugs and blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tea set. I LOVE pansy's, probably my favorite flower if one can choose a favorite. I make cornbread a lot. Probably the "southern girl" coming out in me. Never thought of it for tea time. I always make it when we have chili. I will have to change my thinking a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lavender pieces with pansys are stunning and lucky win too... but not as much as your little lavender grandgirl...adorable! I have two tea tables settings the party this week.
    Thanks for hosting sweet lady.
    Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi...I made cornbread for dinner last night...first time in months! Love all the lavender china...so pretty! Your grandgirl's jacket is so cute!Thanks so much for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granddaughter has beautiful taste! What a cutie. I just love that teacup with the heather on it, and the topper from Bernideen. I also got some tags from Marcia, aren't they lovely?
    Thank you for hosting, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your beautiful teacups.

    I made cornbread on Halloween to pair with the chili my husband cooked up. It was a great meal.

    Make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie in shades of purple! And I would love my tea in a pretty lavender cup! I have some of Marcia's tags and love them, too! enjoy your afternoon! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi,

    Beautiful lavender tea. The teacups are lovely and look so nice on that lovely cut linen -- the pumpkins! Pretty tea tags that you won. I love cornbread. Yum. I think I'll go make some. Happy Tea Day and thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely lavender tea, dear Sandi! I remember that topper and it's such a beauty and perfect for Fall. Your cornbread looks wonderful, but it's your darling granddaughter that stole the show! Isn't she precious?? Thank you for hosting your lovely party and sharing your gentle heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful teacups. This just reminded me that I bought some OOolong tea (I think that's what the name is) yesterday and must make a cup. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful teacups. This just reminded me that I bought some OOolong tea (I think that's what the name is) yesterday and must make a cup. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All so very pretty ! I love to cozy up in my favorite chair this time of year in the evenings and have a cuppa tea or two with a sweet treat . Lovely photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What nice gifts you won,Sandi! Your teacups are so pretty. Love pansy's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is so lovely and the violet goes so well with the autumn colors.

    The gift tags seem to add a touch of vintage class wherever you placed them.

    Your granddaughter is so cute ! She looks like a little girl who must love having tea time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your china is gorgeous.

    I absolutely adore the gifts you have shared - those tags are awesome and Bernideen's topper, wow, it's beautiful!

    The best thing of all is that little angel granddaughter of yours. What a precious sweetheart!

    Thank you for hosting today, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sandi, love your tea this week - congratulations on your win - this is such a very busy, but wonderful season! I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi, what a pretty tea today! I love all your lavender tea ware and your sweet granddaughter looks so adorable! I will have to try your cornbread when you post the recipe. Sounds perfect for a cold day. What fun winning those darling tea tags!
    Thanks for hosting your tea party and have a wonderful week!
    Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi,
    Your teapot is gorgeous!! I always love seeing that little Grandchild too. Cornbread sounds like a perfect idea for tea. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Evening Sandi lovely tea. I enjoy your Pansy's and purple tea cups.. I love corn bread as well. Lovely with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those tea cups are so pretty but not as pretty as your granddaughter. Sooooo cute!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, your granddaughter is just adorable in her new jacket! I'm finally catching up on blogs tonight, and I'm loving your purple teawares with the touches of fall color in your tabletopper (like you, I was so thrilled to win mine from Bernideen!). I'll look forward to your cornbread recipe. Made a pan last night (plain) and greatly enjoyed it, but jalapeno cornbread sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    Oh I love your lavender teapot today! It's colour is so pretty with the fall shades. Your teacups are very lovely too and cornbread - yum! What a darling and precious little grand daughter you have. The Numbers verse that you have shared today was always recited by the congregation at the end of our Presbyterian Church services - so beautiful. Thank you for hosting Tea Time today! Happy November! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Sandi
    It's so nice to join your tea party today.
    More beautiful china - what a special collection you have.
    I'm in love with that pretty teapot.
    I've been on the look out for a china tea pot for a long time... hopefully one I'll get lucky.
    Thank you for hosting - I'm drinking Earl Grey at the moment too!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is that Heather on the Royal Albert Tea Cup? We just had corn bread last night with my grandmother's recipe. It must be the season!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your lavenders are just gorgeous. Your granddaughter is very lovely.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like purples and lavender in the fall even more than blue. I had been tempted to buy a couple heather plants this week but The 3 Little Kitties LOVE to dig and I have had to give up the hope of having them and potted plants. Lovely post - enjoying it with my 2nd cuppa today a few minutes of pleasure before I face the ironing which has been piling up. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Sandi,
    those are the delights of autumn, golden hues on leaves and pumpkins, hot tea and a fire. You all combine it with this wonderful setting. The tea pot is so pretty and so are the cups. What a sweet giveaway you won from Marcia. The cornbread looks interesting. I have never had such a salty cake. Your granddaughter ist really a cutie. As we can see on the jacket, the young lady has a good style. Thank you for sharing all the sweetness and for hosting this special event. The last picture warms my heart.
    Wish you a blessed time, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lavender tea is nice any time of year and I'm happy to come to yours today. Sweet tea tags that you won and the cornbread looks delicious.
    One of our granddaughters likes lavender too and your little gal looks cute in her new coat.
    Thanks for hosting our tea gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a lovely post and tea setting. Yes, purple does go well with autumn. I hear that cornbread cooked in iron is the best. Such a sweet 3-year old - a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi! I really like the purples and oranges in your post today. Road to the Isle is so pretty! Your cornbread looks delicious too. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Sandi for hosting. I am so glad I was able to linked up. I often miss the tea parties. Your granddaughter is soo cute, little chubby cheeks. I haven't tried cornbread before, so is it some sort of savoury? You are so blessed to received all those lovely giveaways. Love all your tea cup collection.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty tea Sandi. I love the topper from Bernideen and those tags are so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  33. Forgot to mention how cute your little grand was. My 5 year old Saydee loves purple and pink.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.