Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 15 October 2014

My Little French Table Makeover

"The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Hello friends ~

This week I shared another tea post in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and I gave you a little peek at the side table which I gave a make over. 


If you are looking for my Tea Party, it is below this one.



Here are the before and after pictures....

I paid fifteen dollars for this table a year ago. It is a French Provincial style and in very bad condition as you can tell from the photo. It has lovely lines and I knew it would look wonderful after a make over.


So, a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was time I tackled it. The top was a real mess.



As were the sides. Judging from the wood, she must have been a real beauty in her day.


This is what it looked like after sanding and two coats of primer.



And after several coats of Dover White paint with more sanding in between coats.




A little distressing gave it some character but not too much as I felt it already had lots going on. 
I must admit that I was tempted to not do any distressing but because all of the wooden pieces in the room have a shabby cottage look, I gave this one the same so the room would have a cohesive look. 






I debated whether or not to paint the handles and decided to just sand them to bring out some of the brass. Here she is wearing her new look.




I am really happy with the way it turned out. What do you think?



After Hubby sanded the table down for me it took me about a week to do this. I hope if you find a piece of furniture that needs a little make over, you won't be afraid to tackle it. It is so worth it!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.

I am sharing this post with these parties~

Inspire Me Tuesday
What's It Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

36 comments :

  1. BRAVO!!! You (both) did a fabulous job, Sandi! She looks right at home with the pretty rose chintz and lovely white pumpkins!

    Very well done, ma'am! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table is just beautiful! You and your husband make a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful!!! I love the vignette on the table top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Sandi!! Love how it came out!! So sorry that it took me so long to come and visit and comment but i have been so busy......

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's perfectly charming! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came out beautifully, Sandi. Great job! BTW I made your apple/cranberry crumble for Thanksgiving and it is delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Sandi. I ask hubby to refinish things for me which he likes to do as long as I have the paint purchased that I want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your French Provencal end table make-over is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table turned out soooo pretty, Sandi. It's so nice that you gave this darling find a new home in your cozy house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luvly Sandi. I have it's bi brother in the master bath as put double sink vanity. S7chnbeautiful pieces. Mine is due forma redo as well. I think seeing yours was the push I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another orphan table saved and transformed into a real princess. Great job! If you have time, bring the table over to Make It Monday - starts Sunday 7PM Eastern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it turned out beautifully! Well done! I had a French Provincial bedroom set as a child I LOVED!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautiful now....good job!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an amazing job on your new french side table, she is a real beauty after her transformation ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job Sandi, Oh I so miss tinkering with my things and distressing this and that. Well you can't be both places at once my mom would have said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice transformation! I like the way you styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi,

    You did such a wonderful job bringing new life to this pretty French Provincial piece! From the soft paint hue and subtle distressing, to its elegant curves and solid build, this beautifully styled accent table is a fine addition to your lovely space.

    Have a great day!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Sandi, just the right touches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The table look fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lots of blessings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    I love your side table makeover. It looks amazing. The legs on French Provincial Furniture are so beautiful and look lovely in white! Thanks for showing such a sweet makeover! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful little table! It has a new lease on life...and looks so happy in your home. I love refinishing furniture...you've inspired me to think about that again. (when I can find the time AND the right piece!) This brought a smile to my face today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it. It's beautiful. . .a wonderful transformation. Visiting from Charm of Home. Have a great weekend. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. It turned out gorgeous! You made a such beautiful transformation!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am impressed. What a a big job Sandi. I just am not cut out for these projects! it is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She turned out lovely, Sandi! You have a good eye. Smaller tables are so handy and are easy to move when one feels the need. Have a great weekend! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  26. So worth it Sandi! It tuned out gorgeous! Just the right amount of sanding. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! It takes vision to turn something messed up into something beautiful. Hey wait a second. Isn't that what He does with us. Hugs Sandi. Have an amazing weekend. Love this time of the year and can just imagine the beauty now in PEI.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table is lovely. Beautiful workwomenship with a little workmenship! Great result.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just love your end table.
    Use to do this all the time when we had room for me to do it, it's to hard now living in an apartment, but love working with my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful makeover Sandi! It looks wonderful painted.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.