Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Summer Time Fun and Family

Give every day the chance 

to become the most 
beautiful day of your life. ~ Mark Twain

Hello my dear friends! I have had a long break with my family and I am going to update you a bit with a few pictures as well as my thoughts on the whole wonderful experience.

First of all, let me say, it has been a happy Summer compared to last year! With the exception of my youngest son and his family, everyone was home for a visit. Unfortunately, by the time they opened the US border for travellers to enter Canada, my American family was back in university and could not come. If they are able, they may try to come at Christmastime or next summer. This Christmas, will mark three years since we have had them home and come next summer, it will be almost four years. So, this mom is trying very hard to be patient and accept whatever comes which isn't easy because I miss them so much.

Love seems to be something that keeps filling up within us. The more we give away, the more we have to give. ~ Mr. Rogers

Since my west coast family has moved east to New Brunswick, we have been together several times since July. It has been such a treat; a dream come true, really! I had prayed for this move for twenty years and now they are back on the east coast, two hours from our home. If I was to elaborate on how this move all came about, you would have to admit that God was in it and orchestrated the whole thing. It truly was a miracle! Don't ever give up praying, ladies.

God is good!!

We actually spent last weekend with them at their new home. What a beautiful property they have!  We missed most of the gardens and flowers but there was still much to see and enjoy. The hydrangeas are gorgeous and there were still lots of coneflowers and dusty miller about.

You can't see it because of the corner garden, but the verandah wraps halfway around the house. In the back, they have  a gazebo and hot tub. Next year they plan to plant a vegetable garden in the back yard. 



One of the things I liked best is the fish pond. My son has twenty-seven goldfish in it. He sits out on the verandah with his coffee every morning and watches the goldfish. It relaxes him before his busy work day begins. There is a small fountain in the back pond which is very soothing to listen to when you are out there.


The side view facing the goldfish pond. 


It is a very large house with a lot of light flooding the rooms through the many windows and garden doors. Their back yard is all fenced in so their pup is free to go out whenever he wants to. 


 Our two grandsons who live in Ontario now, flew home and my, how they have grown! All the boys are taller than their dad now who is five' eleven". The youngest guy got down on his knees when he saw me, to give me a hug. That made for a lively conversation with oohs and aahs at his playfulness. He towers over his grandmother! There are pictures of that but I'm not about to share what a total shrimp I am! Let's just say, I'm delighted!


The oldest boys are twenty, seventeen, and sixteen. Two of them are still in high school.  The oldest, Cam, the one on the right who lives here on the Island, is studying to be an electrician at College. The young man on the left, Brent, plans to go into the mental health field after he graduates. These days he writes music and is in a band, therefore the long hair, which Nanny loves! The youngest boy, Jared, in the middle, is still all about football. He is the tallest of them all. He is the one who got down on his knees to give me a hug. Too cute!



I am so proud of them all! One evening we had a big family barbecue and our youngest grandson, Zach, who just turned thirteen, was feeling rather bored and left out around the older boys. So Brent borrowed his brother's car and took Zach and his little sister, Jenna-Lynn, to hunt for hermit crabs which they often did whenever they visited the Island. That trip to the beach to hunt hermit crabs, was the highlight of Zach's trip! What a sweet young man to take his little cousins to the beach! I have adorable grandchildren, don't you agree? I am exercising my Nanny bragging rights today. I hope I'm forgiven! 😍




My youngest grandchildren love their new home in NB and my one and only little granddaughter is still in All-Star cheer which is a different type of cheer that takes place outside of schools. She is quite the little athlete and has won several medals! Her older brother still takes jiu jitsu and is enjoying those competitions as well. 

My son is busy with his job and my DIL has left the nursing profession to pursue a career in teaching, which she is enjoying very much. 




This is my NB family posing in front of the Petitcodiac river.



I am a very proud mom and grandmother! I have waited quite a while for all my grandchildren to be home at the same time. What a treat!

This is my son's drum kit and guitar. 

We are a musical family and all my boys play instruments. Right now two of my grandsons also play.

My NB son is a big Philly's fan as you can see by his collection of hockey jerseys and caps. This is his shrine, so to speak.

Yes, I've had a wonderful summer. It has been beautiful for the most part. 

Autumn is upon us and the songbirds have flown, leaving the feeders free for chickadees and other birds that will be here for the winter. I wonder if our cardinal will make another appearance?

How was your summer, my friends? I'll be back soon. Happy September!

Love is not about
how many days, months, or years
you have been together. Love is
about how much 
you love each other
every single day. ~ unknown

 
Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

9 comments :

  1. I enjoyed your wonderful blog posting about your lovely family!💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful summer! You can never brag too much about your grandchildren-that's my rule! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving here when ours will all be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandi, yes, what a wonderful summer you had!! I’m so happy for you that you had all your grandchildren together. It’s such a blessing that the one family has moved so much closer. Your grandchildren are indeed beautiful and you can brag all you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Sandi! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great summer filled with family. I echo Kitty's comment--you can brag all you want about your grandchildren!

    Let's pray that things will settle down this fall so that our second Christmas and pandemic winter won't be so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post filled with joy and the love of family. I am so glad you have had a wonderful summer! You can certainly brag as much as you like about your talented grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I'm so glad you had such a lovely summer. And you can do all the Nanny bragging you like! What a wonderful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice surprise to see your new post. Sandi, I am sooooo happy for you to see your family together again (best as could be.) They are a beautiful family and you have every reason to be proud.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable post!Such happiness!Blessings!I am glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you were able to have most of your family together and I do hope the rest will be able to visit at Christmas. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.