Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 13 August 2018

Royal Albert Roses


A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in - what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars. ~ Victor Hugo

Hello again, my dear friends! I love where I live in the summertime! Here on Prince Edward Island we have clean fresh air and no smog. We are surrounded by water so if one likes the beach, you have your choice of beaches to enjoy and the cry of the seagull is in harmony with the sound of the ocean. For me in particular, there is nothing more relaxing than digging my toes into nice warm sand and listening to the sound of the waves on the sea shore.

At night, you can see the stars peeping out overhead and if you're lucky, perhaps a shooting star on which to make a wish.


Today I'm picking up where I left off the other day and using my floral arrangement again. I consider any floral arrangement I have to be a mini garden because I don't have a garden of my own. 
I've cut it down and placed it in another vase to bring the flowers down to eye level which is what I prefer. My tea table is indoors today because again, it is too hot outside. 

This is such a pretty combination; roses, lilies, hydrangea, chrysanthemums, and a few others that I'm not sure about. I love a monochromatic arrangement because I find it very elegant!
Won't you join me? My vintage cups and saucers are all Royal Albert Old English Rose. Two of them I found at antique shops. 

This beautifully gilded one was given to me by my sweet Auntie P when she was downsizing. It has been to many tea parties and church functions because it has her initials on the pieces.



And you've seen this Royal Albert New Country Roses teapot many times before. It's a favourite because of the shape, colour, and size.

Tea... As the centerpiece of a cherished ritual, it's a talisman against the chill of winter, a respite from the ho-hum routine of the day. ~ Sarah Engler

I am serving some sugar cookies and peanut butter bars with our tea.




So, which teacup would like like?

Please pray for our friend Ruth who hosts Tuesday Cuppa Tea each week. She has taken a leave of absence from her linky party to care for her hubby. Thank you for your visit and have a beautiful day!

I am sharing this with the following parties ~

 Friends Sharing Tea
 Home Sweet Home

 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

16 comments :

  1. A lovely tea party setting, Sandi. Our Island is much like yours, with no smog (although there's smoke in the air today), and wonderful beaches for sitting on and relaxing.
    The Old English Rose is a beautiful pattern, one I've not seen before. I love those peanut butter squares, and it's so great that they can be made without heating up the oven.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm often drawn to monochromatic colour schemes, and your bouquet is a winner. Just love it. Your rose tea party setting is so pretty. Such a lovely pattern.

    Wishing you a beautiful week...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flowers. They are eloquent. Lovely.
    Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!Just wonderful teacups!!!Adorable flowers too!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea tastes so much nicer when drunk from good china and you have some really pretty pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I too love to dig in my feet in the warm sand.
    Your R.A. Roses teapot and teacup are very lovely, one of my fav patterns although I don't have it.
    Have a lovely week.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old English Roses is newish to me and a pattern I’m going to be on the lookout to find!

    Lovely flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful re-arrangement you made with the flowers, Sandi! Since you asked, I would choose the middle teacup on your tea table, and yes, a cookie and a peanut butter bar would be most welcomed. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tea setting. I would love to sip tea from your Auntie P's beautiful gilded teacup! I don't have an eye for floral arrangements so it never occurred to me to combine flowers that are the same colours. I agree that it looks very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these cups are beautiful. It would take me hours to pick one to use. These really make me swoon. I love having cups from family. It's a wonderful reminder of the ones we love

    We have had 3 weeks of hazy, hot and very humid weather here with many downpours. Hasn't been a good summer weather wise.

    Enjoy your day

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sandi:
    Your table looks so lovely and especially those teacups that are gorgeous! I agree that the bouquet is very elegant all in white. Here you have gotten too much rain and I was hoping we would be getting more rain today but hopefully tomorrow. The farmers are very concerned about the corn. Your finger desserts look lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, what a lovely tea table! I too love a monochromatic flower arrangement, and yours looks very professional. I'll take the cup that's plain on the outside and flowered on the inside, though they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous floweres, Sandi! The tea cups are very pretty and those pastries look so delish!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,
    Another beautiful tea post!! I love your tea pot and tea cups!! Thanks so much for visiting and for wishing us a Happy Anniversary!! I can not beleive that it is 40 years!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful! I love the new country roses tea pot. May you have a lovely weekend and a nice cup of afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That first teacup is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.