Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 11 June 2018

Beautiful Blossoms for Tea Time

One June evening, when the orchards were pink-blossomed again, when the frogs were singing silverly sweet in the marshes.... and the air was full of the savor of clover fields and balsamic fir woods, Anne was sitting by her gable window. She had been studying her lessons, but it had grown too dark to see the book, so she had fallen into wide-eyed reverie, looking out past the boughs of the Snow Queen, once more bestarred with its tufts of blossom. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables

Hello dear friends! I have been on a blog break and enjoying all the beauty that nature offers this time of year. The trees are wearing their lacy tresses and the flowers and fruit trees are in bloom. The lilacs are out and I'm waiting for my roses to bloom. It thrills me to look outside my window and see it greening up everywhere. I do adore springtime!



It has been cold however and one morning last week we even had snow. That is springtime on PEI! There is some concern about our strawberry plants. I hope they will be alright because we have the best berries you will find anywhere!

Most mornings I'm awake to see the sun kissing the sky with its glorious sunrise. It is so peaceful and oftentimes I hear a bird twitter outside my window. I'm not a morning person really but there is something about that peace and quiet that sets the tone for the day.

Since I last posted, Prince William and Kate welcomed another little one into their fold and Prince Harry married his Meghan. Lots of celebrations for the Royals!



We've had our celebrations as well this past month. One of my grandsons has a birthday today as a matter of fact. He is taller than his dad now. How can that be? One of these days I'm truly going to be the shrimp in the family.



Meanwhile, out in Vancouver on a cool rainy day, my little granddaughter and her mom enjoyed a warm cup of tea. My little cute-pie! Can't wait to see you next month then we can all have tea together!

I believe I could be a model child if I were invited out to tea every day. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables

It is blossom season and the fruit trees are dressed in their perfect blooms of soft pink and white. This picture is one a friend took of her apple tree. Isn't it splendid with the deep velvet blue sky above? If you look closely, there is a butterfly among the blossoms.



A walk through our PEI National Park revealed our provincial flower, the Lady Slipper. Not sure who took this picture but it's a lovely one!




I like to bring out my Blossom Time china this time of year. This gorgeous pattern is made by Royal Albert and the blossoms depicted on the china were created from real images of the apple blossoms in Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada. The pattern was created in 1933 and discontinued in 2001. You may find the history of this pattern by clicking here.

Many have mistaken the blossoms on Blossom Time china for cherry blossoms but they really are apple. This pattern is so beautiful and perfect for this time of year. Each piece draws you in for an intoxicating walk through the orchards.



If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. 

And it never faded, and it never got stale. 
And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again. ~ Daphne du Maurier

This pattern is special to me because the Valley is not far from where my father grew up in Nova Scotia. Very few patterns have been inspired in this country so I am especially proud of this one so close to home.



One teacup and saucer was a gift from my Aunt Judy who stopped at Replacements in North Carolina a few years ago and purchased this set especially for me. 



It's not the tea that makes teatime special, it's the spirit of the tea party. ~ Emilie Barnes - "If Teacups Could Talk" 

The other set I found last fall at an antique shop here in Charlottetown. The price was twenty dollars but the clerk sold it to me for fifteen so I was happy!




The square plate was a thrift store find for four ninety-nine in New Brunswick so all of these pieces have a history and have come from different places. Who would have thought they would all find themselves on my table!




I would love to know where they have been and what fascinating folks owned them.


It is rhubarb season so I have some rhubarb crisp today with a scoop of ice cream. If I have strawberries on hand I will throw some of those into the mix. I make the topping with a little extra spice just because I like it.







A vase can be a little garden, its contents gathered to please the eye. ~ Debra Prinzing - Victoria magazine

Today's vase is a teapot for my blooms.


It is a simple tea today; camomile, honey, and vanilla. I'm so happy to have you join me.



Teatime; a time to savour.


Happiness is the realization

of God in the heart.
Happiness is the result
of praise and thanksgiving,
of faith, of acceptance;
a quiet tranquil realization
of the love of God.~ 
White Eagle from the book "A Book of Joy" by Thomas Kinkade


Anne and Matthew passing through the Avenue or the White Way of Delight as Anne named it. - courtesy of the Internet

Overhead was one long canopy of snowy, fragrant bloom. Below the boughs the air was full of a purple twilight and far ahead a glimpse of painted sunset sky like a great rose window at the end of a cathedral aisle. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables


While I was on my break, a notice appeared on my blog, and I'm guessing, everyone else's, about something pertaining to the European Union laws. I don't get this at all. Do we here in Canada and the US really need to do this or does it only apply to those who are running a business on their blog? Hope one of you ladies who know their way around Blogger better than me can explain it to me. Thanks for your help.


Have a beautiful day everyone and smile because Someone loves you!

I am joining the following parties as well~

 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Tea in the Garden
 Home Sweet Home


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

15 comments :

  1. Blossom Time is a beautiful pattern! Definitely perfect for this time of year.

    Your weather is a little behind ours here in Idaho. Our lilacs are done for the year, my roses are in full bloom, and my cherry blossoms have given way to tangy, red obs just waiting another 2 weeks to be ready to pick.

    I really like that quote by Daphne du Maurier. I often say that about the years when my kids were little. I miss those days, and I wish I could have captured them in a bottle and relive them now.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to read a post from you, dear Sandi!! I know you love Springtime on PEI, and what a beautiful tea you've set with your lovely Blossom Time pieces. Thank you for sharing that the blossoms are apple blossoms. What a delicious pattern it is. I loved seeing pics of your grands. Don't those sweethearts just warm our hearts? Your rhubarb crisp looks absolutely mouth watering. How I wish I could share a bowl with you. May you have a wonderful week, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Sandi! Thanks for sharing your pretty RA Blossom Time collection and its Canadian connection. I'm a terrible negotiator so it always makes me happy when I manage to score a teacup for a discounted price.

    I haven't changed anything on my blog as a result to the EU's new General Data Protection Regulation. I'm not sure if this issue is related to the GDPR, but a few weeks ago, Blogger stopped sending e-mail notifications for comments left on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi!Your Blossom time pieces are just divine...How cute your Grands are!!!Thanks for sharing this beautiful post.Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi...hope you are feeling well. A lovely and appreciated post! Especially the Thomas Kincade quote for me today. Blossom Time is a favorite, and perfect for this time of year. Children grow up so fast indeed! Lovely photos and quotes. Thank you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sandi:
    The Blossom Time pattern seems so appropriate for PEI and I always cherish the scene where she is picking apples with Miss Brook and the earlier scene when she arrives with Matthew in the buggy and all the orchard is ablaze with blooms. I am glad to see your lovely posting and sharing about your summertime. It seems your island has a long late spring and no real hot summer. We are now into summer weather even if it isn't here till the 21st. Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly me - Anne of Green Gables is who I was referring to in my comment. I seem to have dropped right into her life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi. That Blossom Time china is very pretty. The lady's slipper is so pretty in pink. We have it in yellow here. I have 2 grandkids in Vancouver and I plan to fly out there in August for a visit. I've been there in the other seasons but never in Summer.
    I have a lot of rhubarb this year. Your crisp looks so good. I must make some.
    Hope you are feeling well. Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, welcome back to the blogosphere! You came back with a bang! Beautiful post -- from the pretty china to the flowers, the quotes … and that lovely rhubarb crisp! After reading a lot of stuff about the GDPR, I concluded that I didn't need to do anything about it. I'm no expert, but I think it's for those who are selling something to people in the EU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoyed your break Sandi and welcome back. I love all the beautiful pictures. The dishes are beautiful and those beautiful roses. I can't believe you had snow! WOW! It's been in high 90's in Fla with lots of rain. And...are the grands the best? I am enjoying our newest one, number six. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that Blossom Time and am glad to learn more about it. Now if I could find some in thrift shops around here, I'd be even more glad! Enjoy the beautiful springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi
    What a beautiful post today! I didn't know the history of the Apple Blossom china and will look at it differently now. Hope all is well with you
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The roses in the teapot are just so beautiful!
    And the apple blossom cups are too pretty!
    PEI is my favorite home away from home and I have loved being there many times.
    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi this china is beautiful. That EU warning was something that we are responsible for making sure it works. If you can see it , it works. In the U.S. you can't see it so I had to go to the blog as if I was viewing it from another country and then I saw it. So, it works. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.