Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Tuesday 8 May 2018

May Celebrations and A Bit of A Break

Sweet May hath come to love us,
Flowers, trees, their blossoms don;
And through the blue heavens above us
The very clouds move on. - Heinrich Heine

Hello my lovelies! At last May is here and with it comes a host of occasions to celebrate. We have three birthdays, two anniversaries, and Mother's Day. 

An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joy of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. ~ Unknown



Hubby surprised me with this beautiful arrangement for our anniversary which was on Sunday. The colours are robin egg blue and pink; some of my favourite colours. Parrot tulips and mini roses in pink and white are all snuggled together in an aqua vase tied up with lots of filmy ribbon. The picture doesn't really do it justice. 

This picture of us was taken the weekend we got married and no, I'm not wearing red, I'm wearing bright pink. We were so happy to begin our journey together!

This was taken last summer when our boys were all home. We are so blessed!



Our son and his family had us over for coffee and pie on Sunday and we had a wonderful visit. They gave us a lovely bouquet of flowers and while we were there, our youngest, who just got tenure-track, called so he got to talk to everyone including the nephews. It was a lovely day! 

Today is Hubby's birthday and tomorrow we have relatives coming over from New Brunswick to visit. So, it's been a busy time.

It seems like a very good time to take a break. I feel like the past year has finally caught up with me and I'm feeling very tired. Some of you may remember that I had two surgeries and I'm still having health issues and going to physio every week. Nothing major but still wearing on me.

I'm not sure how long I will be gone. It may be a couple of weeks or a little longer. In any case, I will be back after I've had a rest.

Wouldn't it be an exhilarating tonic for the soul to take a moment to appreciate the simple, good things in life which are so bountiful? ~ unknown 

This is what I plan to do right now. I am going to take some time and listen to the birds singing in my back yard. I'm going to watch the grass and flowers grow and I'm going to just simply, be.



I want to wish all you lovely moms out there a Happy Mother's Day this coming weekend and I hope you all get spoiled!

Until I return, do take care dear friends and God bless you all!


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

19 comments :

  1. I totally understand the need to take blog breaks. I have taken several of them in my 12 years of blogging and, in fact, have only just returned after nearly a year away. The time away will be refreshing for you, I'm sure!

    Happy anniversary to you and your beloved! You are even more beautiful now than the day you were married. Your husband more handsome too!

    As I recall from previous visits, none of your sons lived nearby. How thrilled you must be that one of them now does! And that you can go over for coffee and pie on a Sunday afternoon!

    Your May is like my May---3 birthdays and 2 anniversaries. Both my parents and my father-in-law have May birthdays, and my parents and my in-laws both have May anniversaries (my parents' 59th, my in-laws' 65th this year). Lots of cards and gifts in May.

    Blessings on your break!

    Love,
    Patti (formerly Fill My Cup with Beauty, then Joy in the Middle, now Celebrating Our Days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a delightful break. This is the best time of the year to refresh and renew.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Anniversary,your pictures are sweet and lovely!Your flowers bouquet is gorgeous.Enjoy your blogging break and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Sandi. The past and present photos are so sweet. Hope you have a relaxing blogging break and a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Did you hear about the new Masterpiece adaptation of Little Women? I think it'll premiere on PBS on May 13th!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes we just need to step back - replenish, restore, rest, re-calibrate....whatever we need. I wish you all the best, and a wonderful month of May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to 'simply be' is a great restorer.

    Happy Anniversary ~ I love the photos of you two then and last year, you are a lovely couple.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday dear Sandi. And happy birthday to your man. Lady, you look more beautiful today than ever. Happy anniversary too. Yes you are celebrating a lot. Get some rest dear Lady. We all need it from time to time. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary blessings are sent to you and your hubby! I loved seeing the photo of young love and then last summer...what a darling couple you are. Happy Birthday to your sweetie, too. Enjoy your time away, Sandi. Yes, you need some time just to relax and just be. Come back when you can. Love and hugs are sent to you.....and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and Happy birthday to your fellow. Lots of wonderful memories to share. Enjoy your time away. And Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that your blogging break is full of restorative and quiet times that replenish your soul. We all need that from time to time. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, I love the before and after photos--you two haven't changed a bit! Hope you enjoy your very busy and festive month of May AND your blogging break. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those flowers...and Happy Anniversary!! So wonderful...yes, you have a lot going on, and truly you deserve a break...I do hope you will do exactly what you wish to do...enjoy the birds and flowers and lovely spring days. Rest and be restored...spend time with the Lord and be renewed day by day. We'll still be here when you return!! Have a blessed and happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry I missed this post! Happy Anniversary! You both still look great and happy! We change as we age, that's the truth of it, but we can still enjoy life and be happy!

    Enjoy your break, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are having a wonderful break and getting rested and refreshed, Sandi! You and hubby both look youthful still ... just a little older than that "vintage" photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi, I hope you're feeling restored by your break and enjoying lots of fine days on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary and birthday. What are those beautiful bushes you are standing in front of? I need some, like now. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had been missing you! Saw you just posted today and I came over to see! Happy belated birthday to your husband. I am so glad I came over and saw your picture of the two of you from your engagement period! What a great memory! Looking forward to many more teas.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.