Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 18 December 2017

Christmas Time is Here

Snow flakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share.

Sleigh bells in the air

Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there.

Christmas time is here

We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see,
Such spirit through the year.... ~ From A Charlie Brown Christmas

Hello friends! I love that song! Don't you just love this time of year? Our kitchens are filled with the aroma of baked goods fresh from the oven. You know, those treats we only bake for Christmas?The Christmas lights twinkle from our trees and windows and the sound of music permeates every room of the house. There is a sense of expectancy in the air and one cannot help but feel thankful for such a beautiful season.

This sweet little wooden teapot ornament arrived in the mail the other day from my friend Margie. It is in good company with many other special treasures gifted to me over the years by family, friends, and yes, my blogger friends too. Thank you, Margie!


It looks cute on my whimsical memory tree.



Hubby and I have been very busy and to top the busyness all off, we have been sofa hunting too! We finally settled on a Lazyboy sofa in teal. The fabric on the left looks wonderful with my pillows and drapes.



I am excited for it to arrive which won't be for nine weeks but that's OK. I have something nice to look forward to.

Today I am using some Christmas inspired china for our tea time. There is a spicy tea steeping in the teapot and there are a variety of cookies to enjoy.

The teapot was a Christmas gift from my son and his family a few years ago. It is made by Ganz. I love the holly motif on it! 

This is a Royal Stafford teacup with a pretty holly motif I found at a yard sale years ago.


Of course, you all know this is Royal Albert's cup of the month for December; Christmas Rose.



A plate of lovely cookies. There are chocolate peanut butter balls, sugar cookie trees with sprinkles, chocolate dipped almond crescents, Scotch cookies, spider cookies, and snickerdoodles.
Please help yourself to cookies and a cup of tea.

I think it's important to take some time to relax and not allow the hustle and bustle to rob us of the beauty of this holiday season. 



Taking time for tea is a lovely way to just sit and savour not only tea and treats but the traditions passed down. Most importantly, the Reason for the Season; the first coming of our Lord Jesus. 

Christmas is that moment in time when God, in His unconditional love, stepped out of heaven and onto earth, in order that we might one day step out of earth into heaven. - Charles F Stanley

Thank you dear ones for stopping by for a visit today and may the Lord bless you and your family this Christmas!

Country Christmas

It's Christmas in the country,

The mantel's trimmed with cards;
Friends and neighbours far and near
Stop in with their regards.

A cheery wreath adorns the door,

An angel tops the tree,
And coloured lights are strung about,
Twinkling merrily.

Mistletoe hangs from the door,

The children just can't wait;
Time seems to pass so slowly,
They want to celebrate.

Then when at last the day arrives,

There's magic in the air--
It's Christmas in the country,
And what a grand affair! ~ Kathy A. Schaeffer



I am joining the following parties as well~

 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

15 comments :

  1. What a lovely post Sandi. So sweet of Margie to send the cute little ornament. Everything looks beautiful there, so cozy and lovely. It would be wonderful to share some of those cookies and a little Christmas tea together. I'm sure you're happy to add a few sweets back into your diet after having to give them up for awhile this past year. A pretty new sofa will be something to look forward to. Blessings to you this Christmas. Love, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous teapot and beautiful teacups!What a darling gift from Margie!Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post, Sandi. What a sweet little ornament your friend sent to you. I LOVE your Christmas china pieces...they are just beautiful...and the cookies look good.

    What fun to have a new sofa to look forward to!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your post today...What a cute little teapot ornament! And that teapot is gorgeous! Love the holly...and the cups are beautiful too. Would love to come and have a spot of tea and Christmas cookies with you! Thank you for the invitation! Now, what would you do if we all showed up on your doorstep? Lovely thought! Merry Christmas! Oh...and enjoy that new sofa when it arrives. Love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teapot ornament from our dear Margie, is just darling on your tree, Sandi! How I love your teapot and your pretty teacups. Yes please, I'd love to sit and enjoy some cookies and a cup of tea.
    Your new sofa will be something to look forward to, and will look so pretty in your cozy home. Merry Christmas, my friend, and thank you for taking time to share the beautiful songs, quotes and poems with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to know a new sofa is going to come after Christmas. Your holiday tea pieces are lovely. Merry Christmas

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very welcome, Sandi! The teapot ornament looks perfect on your tree. I couldn't even tell where you re-attached the spout. Your Christmas tea looks wonderful. The way that time flies, I'm sure your new sofa will be here before you know it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Sandi! Your table is perfect for a lovely Christmas tea with friends! I baked some eggnog bread last night...we’d run out of cookies! Lol! Margie’s is such a sweetie, isn’t she?! I am so glad this will be a better. Hristmas for you filled with hope and joy with your family as we honor our Savior. Have a blessed Christmas week and thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh The teapot and cup of the month shows up so pretty in your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely song and poem. Your teaware for Christmas is just wonderful. Thanks for the cookie. How exciting to be expecting a new sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful tea pot your son gifted you. Your tea cups are so pretty also. I like your memory tree. I may make one next year. Have a Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sandi: I had to laugh at the "it's important to relax" part as we have watched so many Hallmark movies - it made us miss Colorado with the snow. (No snow in Missouri) Your tree looks lovely and that sweet teapot from Margie! I love that teapot your son gave you - a rather "chubby" one and so cute. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing. Oh and congratulations on getting new furniture - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have been watching all the Hallmark movies too although we don't get the channel, they have the movies on several stations so we're loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, it certainly is a wonderful time of year! I enjoy everything about it as well. Some of my girls and I did our baking last week. It's such a fun tradition. I love your pretty teacups and teapot. All of your goodies look so yummy! Enjoy that new sofa when it arrives. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful Sandi! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.