Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 23 December 2017

A Dessert Tea for the Holidays

What is the Christmas spirit? It is the spirit which brings a smile to the lips and tenderness to the heart; It is the spirit which warms one into friendship with all the world, which impels one to hold out the hand of fellowship to every man and woman. ~ Anonymous

Merry Christmas dear bloggy friends! I decided to do one more post before the Holidays.


The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but in His Presence. ~ unknown

I have set out my Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles for a dessert tea with my pink Queens Christmas plates. 








We had our Island family over for dinner the other night when we gave our grandsons their presents before they go to Ontario for Christmas. I made pumpkin pie for them and I picked up the Yule log cake at M and M's because one of them prefers cake. My lovely friend Marilyn brought me the sticky date pudding with the sauce. So, we will enjoy some of these treats today.

You may choose pumpkin pie...



Buche de Noel, a lovely log cake filled with mousse and raspberries.


or Sticky Date Pudding with warm toffee sauce. 
The holidays are a time of family traditions and gatherings with friends - simple moments to savour like a cup of tea. 

There is a Christmas tea in the teapot ...
and hot chocolate to go in my newly acquired Old Britain Castles mugs which were my impulse buy a few weeks ago. I have four of them.



I already had a few place settings in this pattern and I couldn't resist getting the matching mugs too. I adore red/pink transferware!



The table is set so let's enjoy a treat.



Tea is a time in which we were perfectly contented with ourselves and one another. - Charles Dickens 
 
Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. - Luke 2:11

A little tidbit that some of you may not know:
Did you know that the wise men did not visit the stable when Jesus was born? Yes, they are very much a part of the Christmas story but they didn't actually arrive to worship the new born King until a couple of years later when Jesus and His parents were living in the house. {Matthew 2:11} The wise men did follow the Star to Bethlehem and the gifts they brought Him were used to help the Holy Family escape to Egypt where they remained until Herod had died. God protected the Family and kept them safe. After that, the Holy Family returned to Nazareth where Jesus grew up. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and please know that I have loved having you stop by this past year. Your visits and comments are what make blogging so worthwhile. 
Many of you stood by me after I closed down my parties for health reasons and you have prayed for me when I was going for my surgeries. You are all so precious and I thank God for each one of you.

This will be my last post until the new year so I will take this opportunity to wish you and those you love a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May your holidays be filled with love, joy, hope, and peace. The Lord bless you all!


I am joining the following parties as well~

Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Share Your Cup
 Home Sweet Home

 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

20 comments :

  1. Merry Christmas, Sandi! What a pretty tea time! I would love a slice of Yule cake. Your pink transferwares blend together beautifully. The mugs are the perfect addition to your collection. I didn't know that the Wise Men's visit actually occurred a few years later. Enjoy your blogging break and I'll see you in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!Everything is so beautiful and sweet...Your teaset is just adorable!It is always a pleasure visiting you!Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty setting for tea. That tea pot is gorgeous. The desserts are all so delicious looking.
    I bought a set of 4 ~ Old English Castles ~from Sears wish book a few yrs. ago. It was quite expensive. I had planned to continue and buy the accessory pieces later. Well they discontinued it after that. Now Sears has closed. I miss their Wish Book. Living in a remote area, it was something we looked forward to. .
    Have a Blessed Christmas and I wish you good health in the coming year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Dear Sandi! I love red and pink transferware too. I don't have very much of it so I will enjoy looking at yours. And thank you for sharing about the wise men. Many people don't realize that. I used to put my "wise men" away from the nativity scene and I would be asked about it. Then I could tell them. Maybe I should do that again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I just love red and white transferware so much too. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm in love with the Christmas Tree transferware plate. I want to add that to Santa's list. Merry Christmas!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    Your Christmas tea looks lovely.Sticky date pudding is a favorite at our house too.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! You know I love seeing your tea posts but especially at Christmas time, they are so special!!! I love your dishes!! So pretty!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonjour
    tout est superbe et bien appétissant
    Je vous souhaite ce qu'avait écrit jacques Brel :

    « Je vous souhaite des rêves à n'en plus finir, et l'envie furieuse
    d'en réaliser quelques-uns.
    Je vous souhaite d'aimer ce qu'il faut aimer, et d'oublier ce qu'il faut oublier.
    Je vous souhaite des passions.

    Je vous souhaite des silences.
    Je vous souhaite des chants d'oiseaux au réveil et des rires d'enfants… »
    bisous et JOYEUSES FËTES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely Christmas Sandi and a wonderful 2018.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Sandi! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Xoxo
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry, Merry Christmas, Sandi. I am glad that you are feeling healthier and I certainly hope you enjoy the whole of the Christmas season this year. Wishing you a blessed, healthy, love-filled New Year. xo Diana

    ps. I will have a piece of that log roll. My mouth is watering just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May you have a wonderful Christmas time! You do make a lovely and inviting table! The china is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, dear Sandi! Your tea is such a pretty one, and I just love those Christmas tree plates. I could never choose just one, so oh dear me, I'd love a taste of everything, please!
    Happy New Year blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmm, after overindulging already, your tea desserts look awesome..., lovely setting, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Christmas tea looks lovely. My sister and I enjoyed using her Lenox Holiday china for our "pajama" tea on Christmas Eve afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi, I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Could I have both the cake and pudding please? :) Just a little slice of each. My sis makes a steamed carrot pudding with a rum sauce that I love. She is getting older and hasn't made it the last two years. Your dishes are always delightful! I found two castle plates at a sale in New England while vacationing a couple years ago. Two for $5. I couldn't snag them up fast enough. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tea table you set! I love the red/pink transferware, too, and it is so perfect for this time of year. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful teapot Sandi! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful Sandi! I always love red transferware for the holidays. And I love Bunche de Noel cake...used to make it every year, but haven’t for a few...and who can resist sticky toffee pudding! Difficult to find around here, and haven’t made it in years although I have my Nana’s recipe. I know that the Reason For the Season brought joy and hope to your home that will certainly continue throughout the New Year. Have a wonderful week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    .
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.