Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Goodbye February!

Hello friends! Before we bid the month of February good-bye, I thought I should share my violet and pansy inspired china.

If a kiss could be seen I think it would look like a violet. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Avonlea

Almost everything on the table was gifted to me. The sun was flooding the room so I had to play with the pictures a bit.


The Royal Albert flower of the month cup and saucer was from my hubby's aunt.


These three darling embossed plates were made in England and were a birthday present as well as the iridescent teacup 



and the little handled plate. 


All these pieces are hand painted and were gifted to me in January for my birthday by a dear friend. The plates are very small and would be perfect to serve candies or tiny cookies. Aren't they pretty?

I know all you lavender loving ladies can appreciate them. Also my friends who celebrated a birthday this month; Bernideen, Kitty, and Judith; Happy Birthday!! I know there are many more February birthdays out there but I'm not sure who you are. I hope it was a month of blessing for all of you.



I had some pretty purple tulips for this table but they faded quickly because I waited too long to take the pictures.

Tomorrow is the first of March and I am looking forward to Spring which is right around the corner. Spring is my favourite season although Summer is a close second. Yes, I'm a warm weather girl. My body doesn't like the cool temperatures very much.

In the month of March I can see many changes taking place. The snow starts to melt and any that falls doesn't stick around. The sun is warmer so the rivers begin to free themselves of the ice and snow. The winter coats the gold finches wear all winter begin to turn a bright yellow. That for me is always a lovely sight. What do you love most about Spring?

Thank you for keeping me company today and enjoy the new month that is upon us. 

I'm so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Avonlea 


I am joining the following parties as well~

Friends Sharing Tea
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

26 comments :

  1. I love all your beautiful pansy and violet tea things, Sandi. I have one teacup with violets on it; I'll have to plan on using it soon. These pretty flowers always remind me of my sister, whose birthday is actually in March. Well, that's usually when it's warm enough for me to plant some pansies outside, and when the violets show up in our grass. . .they're so sweet, and I just hate the thought of them getting mowed over. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple fanatic in me is loving your pretty tea sets. The violet and pansy designs blend together beautifully. I'm looking forward to the longer daylight and the return of DS on March 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that beautiful violet teapot! Or maybe they're pansies, I can't quite see. Such pretty plates and teacups. My daughter's birthday is also in February, but she's not a tea drinker. I've been on the lookout for a pretty violet teacup when I visit the antique markets. My mother's name was Violet, but oddly enough she didn't have a violet teacup to pass along. Felt like winter today with a cold brisk wind, even though the thermometer read 10C. Soon though, we will be sitting out on the patio again :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet and lovely violet decorated pieces and wonderful stories as to where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandi, how have you been doing dear lady? I love seeing your posts. And I dearly love your china. I have a Pansy teapot with matching cup and saucer and I love it! Hoping and praying that you have a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see violets I think of my Grandmother. She was a February girl, also. I love the little plates!

    I love spring, too! I love to see the bulb flowers coming up, and the flowering shrubs, and the trees in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pretty violet themed china is perfect for spring. The teapot is especially lovely; it's shape is gorgeous.
    Happy March to you! I love spring because of all the beautiful things that start showing up in gardens everywhere. And the warmth. I love summer most because of the warmth, which is rarely too hot here on the west coast.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vignette is beautiful I love the purples in the tea pot and cups.
    I am ready for spring even though we have had a very mild winter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    I love your pretty violet themed china. Isn't it nice to feel that touch of spring in the air. I am really looking forward to the rebirth of our garden and it seems like we will get an earlier spring then last year!
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful china. The sweet shy violet steals the show even on teapots! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pattern is so precious! And you've displayed it wonderfully! We just got a bit more snow today so it's not seeming too "spring-like" but hopefully, it's on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a collection of violet china pieces too! I just cannot pass one by if I see it in a vintage store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These dishes are each one beautiful and special. What wonderful gifts! Violet china makes a stunning collection. I will think of you now when ever I see a piece of violet china. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tea table with violets and pansies, dear friend, and such lovely gifts you received. Thank you for mentioning me as one of your February birthday friends. I know you're looking forward to warmer temperatures and the beauty of springtime on your island. Love and blessings to you, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi, All of your purple treasures are so sweet! Growing up my bedroom was lavender. I still love a touch of purple, especially for spring! Spring is my favorite season as well, and I'm counting the days! Happy Birthday to all of you sweet February ladies!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Sandi:
    What a lovely post which us all in the mood for springtime. Your table brings delightful smile to our faces after wintertime! We had a 70 degree day this week and then it was cold and it felt so much worse. Thank you for the birthday greeting which was very kind! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet! Don't you just love setting a table with pretty things that have personal meanings. Lovely post, sigh, I'm always sad to see violets seem to disappear from posts after February. Thank you, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, You shared a lovely spring table. Purple pansies and violets are really nice. Wishing you a great day. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the violet colors in your teascape! March is here, but it doesn't feel like spring, more snow on the way, but the days are getting longer, and soon, it must go, lol! I enjoy all the seasons, but winter certainly seems to take up a larger share of time than the others, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it looks beautiful! Although we are enjoying spring like weather here a snow storm is expected on Sunday. Purple is my favorite color! It's been a little while since I have stopped by for a visit. I'm sorry about that. I look forward to more visits. Pinned. Hugs!
    P.S> I invite you to share your beautiful tea time post at my Thursday link party you can share until tomorrow at midnight

    ReplyDelete
  21. The violet and pansy tea wares are beautiful. I especially love that teapot!! Still winter here in New Hampshire in spite of some springlike temps last week. Now we are back to winter. Snow showers last night, and only 3º when I got up this morning!

    Spring is an ugly time here, with a great deal of mud, so it's not my favorite season. Fall is my favorite, followed by summer, then winter.

    Hope you are feeling better, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love your very beautiful china!!! The perfect set to welcome the spring:) Have a happy March. Thanks for sharing!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely tea ware Sandi! Hope you are your family are doing well. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.