Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 12 January 2015

A January Green Tea


I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou 

Hello and welcome to Tea Time everyone and a warm welcome to all my new followers! I hope you will always enjoy your visits to Rose Chintz Cottage. I know I love having you stop by.

We are almost into the middle of January already and I am longing for springtime. 

However, there is something beautiful about the wintertime too, as long as it behaves itself and doesn't dump too much snow and ice on us like last year.


I have most of my Christmas put away now and I have just kept out the odd piece to enjoy just a little longer. If you read my post yesterday then you know that I still have my mantel decorated with greenery, lights, candles, and my sweet little birdies. 



I also have my cute pillow out on the sofa that I found for half price before Christmas. 



It is reversible and soon I will flip it to the checked side for the winter months and switch out the green pillows for red. 



The checked pillow coordinates with my kitchen-dining decor. 

For our tea today I have brought out my green transferware and set it out on the little green cabinet in the dining area. 



These pieces are Staffordshire, England and have a wonderful old-fashioned appeal. 



Who says you can't have a little whimsy just because Christmas is over? 

These adorable children building a snowman usually spend their time on the kitchen windowsill but today they are joining us for tea.



They are dressed as in days of yore and go well with the transferware which also evokes a sense of yesteryear. 



I am using this cute little "tea" pot with a raised floral motif and a touch of green on the bottom. This is the perfect size for two cups of tea.



Where there is tea there is friendship and serenity. 

Wintertime is the perfect time for heavy puddings and comfort food. So today I am having warm date pudding with whipped cream. Would you like some?



The bowl is Johnson Bros. and the pattern is The Road Home

I also have home made tea biscuits if you would prefer to have one of those. 



Biscuits right out of the oven are so good especially this time of year. I love marmalade on toast and tea biscuits. How about you?

A cup of tea with a bowl of pudding or a biscuit is so satisfying and afterwards, my stationary bike awaits me!



Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.

On January 26, I will be celebrating Tea Time Tuesday's 5th Anniversary Party. Can you believe we have been partying for five years?
I thought for this year's party I would have you share your absolute favourite teacup or teapot. I want to hear all about why you love it so much.

Make every day a Masterpiece! Don't think about the things you have to do. Think about the things you get to do. ~ Unknown

I hope you have enjoyed spending a few minutes with me today. I always love having you stop by and if you have something tea related, I would really like to see it.

Any tea wares collection, tea time recipes, a trip to a Tea Shop, or a tablescape; all are welcome here at Tea Time.

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have. ~ Richard Carlson 

Have a beautiful day, dear friends.



I am joining the following parties as well~

 A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

32 comments :

  1. Now this is a Johnson Brothers pattern I've never ever seen before, and you know I share your fondness for JB! How lovely ... and somehow this soft green color just lends itself to pairing with your winter whites, doesn't it? LOVE that lacy teapot. I have a lace collector friend who would adore one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts, words, and transferware! Thank you for sharing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green and white transfer ware. It's such a soft colour. I prefer marmalade on my toast and biscuits too. I'd like to try to join you for your 5th anniversary of Tea Time Tuesday later this month. Time flies when you're having fun! Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi, I love your green transferware pattern. Anything with a scene on it evokes a long ago time that I just adore. I love your treats for today, but since you asked, I would love a bowl of date pudding...I sighed when I saw it! Oh, how I'd love to talk and have a bowl of that with you. I so loved the quote at the very end that you shared today. Thank you for hosting and I look forward to choosing a favorite teacup for the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That date pudding sounds so warm and comforting in this cold weather! Your green transfer ware is lovely, and I do love the snowman and children adding a bit of old-fashioned whimsy to your tea table. I love that quote about "think about the things you get to do"!
    Have a beautiful week Sandi. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have date squares left over from Christmas that are in the comfort food category and go well with a cup of tea too. The green transferware is pretty, I'm not fond of the red but could easily add a few pieces of green to my china. Your scones look yummy with the marmalade Sandi. One thing we rarely show for the tea gatherings is toast and tea. Hubby and I watched a movie last week where the couple ordered toast and tea in the restaurant and I see the British tea shop and store in the city north of us has it on their menu. This pairing was my go to comfort food as a teenager - and only butter on the toast.
    I'm coasting this week so no link but I'll join you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for having us for tea this week Sandi...everything looks lovely....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your green and white transfer ware and it looks like a wonderful tea time. mmm would love to sit with you for a cup! Your teapot is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely teapot Sandi! I am ready for spring too! I'll mark your anniversary tea. I have been blogging the same length. It's hard to believe.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lace design on your pretty white teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    I am still in the process of putting away Christmas decor too. I feel sad to pack it away for another year. Your green transferware is absolutely divine! I love the red reversible pillow. I am also eager for springtime and look forward to you favourite teapot or teacup for your anniversary tea. Thank you for hosting tea once again dear sweet friend. Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely winter tea, especially with the snowman and the children decoration. The green transferware is so pretty with the little tree! Some of my Christmas decorations crept into my post too--it is a slow process putting it back away. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sandi
    It's a pleasure to join you for tea today!
    I have packed the Christmas decorations into boxes which are now stored in the attic once more.
    Your green tea set is lovely - we don't see much transfer ware in the shops here... sadly.
    The biscuits topped with marmalade are called scones in my neck of the woods - I love them too, hot out of the oven dripping with butter!
    It's sweltering on the other side of the world where I am - I'm drinking many cups of tea!
    Thank you for hosting Tea Time Tuesday.
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi: It is always a pleasure to have tea with you each week. I have learned to much from you. I am down to only one or two boxes to put away for Christmas. A victory in a way, but I miss it. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sandi,
    Oh how love that pillow! It is so sweet. Give me gingham and toile any day. I love your quotes too and will write them down. A good thought is better shared. You have a beautiful day too. I plan on having one too.
    :) Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are right! Just because Christmas is over is no reason to be drab.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed having tea with you today. I do like that little teapot. Very special looking. And I think that birdie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The green and white tea set is so comforting looking... pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank You Sandi, I'll be back in a bit to read Your post once again, I'm needing a cup of Joe and a bite to eat for now hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post for the January blues- you have the most marvelous collection of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Warm tea time wishes, Sandi !
    Have a cuppa for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings, dear Sandi! Your transferware is wonderful. The green is rare to me. I've never seen it in any of the antique shops here in Newfoundland, usually just the red or brown and sometimes blue but never green. I would love to have it every colour. I just loves the scenes and think it is all truly magical but I don't have the storage and it's always nice to enjoy others.
    Thank you again for the nice comments you always leave on my little blog and for the sweet things you said over at "A Return to Loveliness". It was very nice of you to do that. I am honoured to be featured along with you by Kathy.
    Wishing you a cozy evening,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Maya Angelou quote. That lady learned in the trenches....through the pain and fear and shame to reach up and out and made such a huge difference for so many of us. Sending you a ton of hugs and wishes for a beautiful day Sandi.

    ReplyDelete

  24. Ha estado un regalo el visitar tu bloc, he encontrado cosas muy interesantes, te invito a visitar el mio y disfrutes del post de esta semana como yo disfruto haciendolo, y si te gusta me encantaria que si no eres seguidora te hicieras para seguir compartiendo nuestros blogs
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi, I am just getting around to really enjoying your Tea Time Tuesday this week. Your post is so lovely and your green transferware so very pretty! I have not seen any around here and after seeing yours still looking for some for my log home. I noticed that sweet spoon, too! You are so thoughtful to include it for your tea time! I often wish I could join you in person for tea and especially for some of your date pudding! I have never made that and it sounds so good to have during the very cold days here. I am hoping to do a post soon and join you for tea again, It has been a especially hard season for us without our daughter.
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think it's a good idea to keep some wintertime whimsy after Christmas! Yours is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shame I missed out in linking in to your tea party. What a lovely setting though. The Christmas cushion is so pretty and good thing about it is it's reversible.
    Have a good weekend Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi,

    I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your January Green Tea, today, since I'm under the weather, having got soaking wet from a torrential downpour on Tuesday, and have been wrapped in various layers of woolen scarves and shawls and blankets, since, as my head, neck, and shoulders are aching! So, your cozy teatime was most comforting, along with that cute Christmas pillow - adorable! - just my style! Your snowman, scones, and pudding are all the icing on the cake! Thank you for this delightful dose of deliciousness and charm.

    Happy weekend!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your pudding and cream sounds sooo delicious! Especially served on such beautiful dishes.
    I think I need to break for a hot cuppa, too!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous! Green transferware? Wowser!!!! Love it.
    And snowmen are for all-winter-long!
    :-) Such fun!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi, the little girl and boy are just perfect with your gorgeous transferware! The teapot is so sweet and both the date pudding and biscuits look yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi. It is hard to put away Christmas. But you can always transitiona as you've done. Love the green transferware and the sweet bird is wonderful. Back from break with a feeling-better-Honey!
    Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.