Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 1 September 2014

Summery Pink for Tea Time


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is by no means a waste of time. ~ J. Lubbuck
     
Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday and Happy Labour Day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Summer is winding down and I have decided now would be a good time to bring out some of my summery teacups one more time. I was hoping to do an outdoor tea but it has been very windy and rainy here over the weekend so it's back in the living room for tea.



I brought out my Summer teacup. I love this one with the English cottage and whisper pink trim.


Royal Albert ~ Summer

"Have you ever really looked at teacups and saucers?  There are many similarities among them, yet many differences.  Yet...all cups and saucers were designed for a common purpose.  


Perhaps you have heard and in all probability have even used the phrase, 'tea service'.  You see, cups and saucers were created to serve.

Tea served in this elegant Lady Carlyle tastes lovely.


Royal Albert ~ Lady Carlyle 

Teacups and friends?  The comparison is obvious. We too have many similarities, many differences, many unique characteristics.  We are all different, yet all needed.  Fortunately, it takes all of us, each with her own gifts and talents, to serve the needs of God's children. 


This sweet Shelley was a wedding gift many moons ago.


 Shelley 

Next time you pick up a teacup, think of a friend." Linda Gaither



I love how the author of the quote above compared friends to teacups. 




But friendship is the breathing rose with sweets in every fold. ~ Oliver Wendell Homes


Roses on china and on a tea table is always charming. 


Who can resist a rose? Certainly not me!





Would you like to join me for a nosh?



I have lemon tea bread on a Royal Albert Serena dessert plate. The plate was a surprise from dear blogging friend, Bernideen @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog.



I have blueberry oatmeal muffins, fresh from the oven too.


Vintage silverware - a butter knife and tea spoons, treasures from the past. The silver is part of a set, a gift from my grandparents to my mother on her wedding day.


Tea is served! Lemon Ginger tea is ready in my Royal Albert New Country Roses teapot.




Royal Albert Lavender Rose holds the milk and sugar. How do you take your tea?


Oops, I forgot the napkins!

Happiness is sharing tea with a friend!



Today is my little grandson's birthday and he is 6 years old. He's going into grade one too. Happy Birthday Zachary!




Thank you my lovely friends for joining me for tea today. I would love to see your teacups, coffee mugs, teapots/coffee pots, tea shops, and tea treat recipes. Please link up and I will be happy to come and visit you.


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.~ Author unknown



I am joining the following parties as well~

Mosaic Monday
A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Tea in the Garden
 Home Sweet Home


 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

33 comments :

  1. Gorgeous teacups this week Sandi...thank you for letting us join you for tea! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading the quotes you choose each week, my friend, while meeting at your lovely tea party. Your table is set so prettily and yes, I'd love a nosh with my tea. The Summer teacup is one of my favorites...I just love cottage scenes. Happy Birthday to Zachary! Isn't he a cutie? Thank you for hosting. Sandi. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your summer cottage scene teacup too Sandi, of course the others are nice as well.
    The lemon loaf looks yummy, I'm off to bake something with peaches that all turned soft at once - likely a crisp.
    Hopefully my plan to still participate in the tea parties will work as long as the girls check their comments.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your handsome grandboy! Love the quote, you always lick the loveliest ones!
    Your tea setting is gorgeous and the teacups and teapots, the pink flower vases, the flatware, yummy food and linens, just perfection here!
    Thanks for the lovely party Sandi.
    Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tea table looks beautiful, Sandi. You have such a talent for arranging your beauties, adding a bouquet or two, and slicing a delicious nosh - and then capturing it all with your camera. Truly, your teas are among the prettiest in all of blogland! I always enjoy my visits, even though I haven't been linking lately. I have just been so busy in the garden that I haven't taken the time to do a tea post. Loved yours, though, and I visit often!
    Blessings and hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous tea...the tea cups are beautiful and the roses just splendid and of course the lemon bread has made me very hungry...time to raid the cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quotes are so appropriate, and your teacups are very pretty, as is the baking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week's Tea Time Tuesday is just lovely with your summery pink china. I thought I had Linda Gaither's book, "Of Teacups and Friends" but I couldn't find it in a hasty search. Birthday wishes to Zachary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute birthday boy! And I love your pretty tea cups, especially the one with the scalloped edges. How unique! Enjoy your week! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandi, I did a "drive-by link-up" this morning (Not sure if that's a term, but I linked and went off to do something), so now I'm back to comment! First off, your grandson is adorable! And I just love all those teacups, not sure which is my favorite, they're all special in their own way. The plate from Bernideen looks like a beauty. And yes, I'd love a slice of lemon bread. :) Thank you for hosting Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful collection of beautiful tea things. It was hard to pick one to pin to my Tea Cup Tuesday board. I chose the Lady Carlyle one, because I gave my mother a matching cake plate. Now if folks see it on Pinterest they can come see your beautiful tea table too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi--it rained here a lot too this week, but your tea turned out just lovely! Everything was gorgeous--I can't even pick a favorite, except for maybe that Summer teacup (it's just so pretty!). I really like how you put the new country roses teapot on that pink pedestal cake plate. The tablecloth is lovely with those big pink roses, and the silverware such a wonderful heirloom. I hope you have a great week (and a happy birthday to Zachary!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi,
    What a beautiful post filled with so many pretty tea cups and a lovely tea pot!!

    Thanks so much for the party, my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to Zachary (what a cutie!). Love your tea cups! The shapes are so lovely. I never knew the reason for "tea service" , boy, that makes sense. Drooling over your yummy goodies on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Pinks are gorgeous! I especially love the Pink Hobnail Vase, and cup with the cottage...sigh worthy :)
    Happy Birthday to your grandson! I bet he's excited about going to 1st grade.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful tea party at your house. I really like the summer cottage tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning, Sandi! Lovely post celebrating the end of summer with beautiful roses and friends! Happy Birthday to your grandson. I love lemon and your lemon loaf is making my mouth water! Thank you for hosting and Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,
    I love your soft summery look for tea today.

    I have been wanting to do tea in the garden all week but it seems to be dull or rainy when I am ready to do one. Hopefully later this week the sun will shine again.
    I just read your comment on my garden post.....I hope your aunt and uncle feel better soon.

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn
    p.s Handsome little grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi,
    Your teatime is so beautiful today! I love your rose tablecloth. It is gorgeous with your china. What a dear friend Bernideen is. That plate from her is lovely. Your dear grandson is sweet too. Thank you for hosting tea time today. Have a wonderful week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful items and a lovely table arrangement... so inviting and charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your summery pink tea is beautiful Sandi! Six is the sweetest age! It just goes by too fast. What a cutie! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. The teacups, the table, the roses...all is gorgeous and very romantic. Happy birthday to your sweet Zachary!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi:
    I think this is one of your prettiest post of all time. I love all your teacups and especially that one with the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi: Always love to visit. Thank you for your prayers. You are a good woman. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Sandi.....All the cups look soooo lovely. What a charming tea party!

    And that grandson is soooo handsome. Wowsers. What a little darling. He must sure fill your heart with pure love! Happy birthday to him, too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Olá amiga,vim retribuir sua carinhosa visita ao meu cantinho.
    Fiquei feliz por seguir-me!!!
    Obrigada,volte sempre e pegue o meu selinho de agradecimento!

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, Tea Cup Tuesday Link Up! Since I visited I got to "pin" another pretty tea cup. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Sandi, love your delicate pink teacups - beautiful for this late summer tea - your grandson is precious! They grow up too fast! I am delighted to join your party and do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi, I love your summer tea for this week and all your beautiful teacups. My favorite would be the summer cottage one! Your sweets look so yummy and would love to had join you in person! Thank you so much for your lovely tea parties and also what a darling grandson! Wish I still had little ones!
    Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh My Oh My.... Sandy! I must complete my Lavender Rose with the creamer and plate!!! so lovely. Have a Great day. PS if you visit me.... tell me whether my blog is free of popup's I tried to fix... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A huge happy birthday to Zachery. He's adorable. Your pics of teacups and roses, white roses are beautiful. Hugs Sandi and wishes for a beautiful gentle weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi,
    Joing you here on last week's Teacup Tuesday.
    I have not been around your blog for a while, and it is so nice to see how you keep up to the 'rose'. Gorgeous china there, and beautifully set up. It looks very inviting.
    Congratulations on your grandson!
    Would you like to stop by for some tea on the river?
    Love from Holland,
    Jacoba

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sandi, I love your teacups and your roses! Beautiful on your gorgeous table topper. I love the comparison of the cups and friends. I will think of friends from now on when I sip. Zachary is so darn cute! Hope he had a wonderful day!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.