Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 25 August 2014

Blue Willow for Tea Time


There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello everyone and welcome to another Tea Time!

Do you find it hard to blog this time of year? I'm wanting to be outside as much as possible and the lure of Summer is stronger than the desire to blog these days. It is however always a pleasure to have you join me for Tea Time.

While Hubby and I were away visiting relatives in New Brunswick a couple of weeks ago, I found this Blue Willow tea cup and saucer.


You all know the story of Blue Willow and the star-crossed lovers. 

The pattern was popular in 18th century England, e.g. porcelain designed by Thomas Minton around 1790 and has been in use for over 200 years. The design was inspired by the china England imported from China during the late 18th century. ~ info from the Internet

This set is made by Johnson Bros. and goes well with my Blue Willow tea plates made in England by Churchill. My whimsical birdie teapot joins the party as well.

I am also using my lovely Spode Blue Room teacup today.



A vibrant blue bouquet.


And a porcelain couple in blue and white accompany my tea today.


A slice of banana bread... 
and I'm ready to sit back and relax with my cuppa. 



Would like to join me?

It's always tea-time. ~ Lewis Carroll



Now that we have had our tea would you like to join me for a little walk?

Hubby and I were out and about the other day and we visited the "Experimental Farm" which was one of my haunts when I was a little girl. My brother and I spent many hours there playing on the lawns and visiting the barns filled with animals. 

There are wonderful 'stone horses' standing on each side of the entrance to the Farm which my brother and I used to get up on and pretend they were our horses.



There is a lovely large lily pond behind the barns.


When I was a little girl I used to imagine fairies floating around on those luscious lilies. And of course I was always expecting to see a frog or two.




There are many buildings standing on the grounds. One such house is named Ravenwood, built in 1820, and was home to the Premier of PEI at the time of Confederation. It is one of the oldest houses on the Island. 

In front of this beautiful house is a grove of trees called the "Royal Forest." Most of the trees were planted by members of the Royal family.



Hurricane Arthur damaged some branches on it, but you can see how large this English oak tree is. The Queen planted this tree when she was still a Princess in 1951. It bears the plaque which states when the Princess planted it. It stands just a few feet away from the crown garden. Behind the grove you can just catch a glimpse of Ravenwood.




Also at the Farm, there is a garden in the shape of the Queen's crown. 





I thought all you Royal enthusiasts might enjoy seeing these.

Thank you for your company today. I would love to see your treasures too. A teacup, coffee mug, tablescape, a recipe for tea time, or a visit to a tea shop are all welcome. Have a fabulous day everyone and God bless you!

36 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. I totally agree...we love to be outside...and this is the time everyone seems to visit or we want to visit! I love your Blue Willow...always a favorite. The bouquet is lovely! The farm sounds wonderful! Looks like a great place to enjoy as a child and adult. Love the crown garden! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back dear Sandi!
    What a gorgeous place with amazing garden and lovely homes.
    Your blue Willow dishes are beautiful and the setting is a feast to the eyes as usual.
    Thanks for hosting this lovely party.
    Have a pretty week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,

    It's been waaay too long since we visited. Yes, I would be happy to join you at that delightful blue tea time! (Isn’t it fun finding blue?)

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same teacup in my hand and put it back because I thought I didn't need another one! Maybe next time I'll give in and buy it - at Home Sense I think.
    I wasn't aware of this farm and find the info about the royals interesting, the garden planted like a crown is stunning.
    You're right about blogging - I'm outside all morning and blog a bit at lunch and then later in the day.
    Thanks for hosting tea each week Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, you and I share that common bond, loving all things tea! What a beautiful post. Made my heart sing! Always a pleasure to find you here when I can! Thank you for sharing and enjoy a beautiful week! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blue willow. That was my Moms favorite. We lost all of hers in a flood when I was a teenager. Love the pictures of the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just in New Brunswick too. Hope we didn't pass each other... LOL. I always enjoy Blue and White China!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Sandi! I hope you're feeling much better and revived after you family visit. Your blue willow tea cup is so pretty, and it looks right at home with the blue Spode one. I enjoyed my walk with you and your sweetie to see some wonderful things along the way. Thank you for hosting you lovely party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Yes, I am finding it challenging to blog this summer. So much to do. I do love your Blue Willow teacup and
    the collage of pics is beautiful. I don't know how to do a collage and must got to some computer courses this fall. Your other scenic pics are amazing too! Wish I could visit you and try your banana loaf. Have a wonderful week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting another great party for us....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi,I am so glad you had a lovely trip and acquired this beautiful Blue Willow cup and saucer. Your story about the lovely farm where you played is gorgeous and the imaginary horses are great! Thanks for sharing your special childhood place!

    Loved the post,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi, gosh it's lovely to see you again. Today I went to an antiques flea market here in Oxfordshire and there were so many lovely teacups!!! I was so tempted to buy about 20 of them, but the prices were a bit on the "antique" side...if you know what I mean. I'm going to be on the look-out for some lovely bargain cups so I can join in again. Big hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Sandi! That has always been one of my all time favorite pattern....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, I love to visit gardens and this one looks like it's definitely worth the trip! I adore Blue Willow. I've loved it since I was a little girl. Such a sad, but romantic story it tells. And, I love blue and white. Thank you so much for hosting and Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sandi, Your lovely tea party is so inviting. Especially the banana bread. The Blue Willow pattern was my grandmother's china. I am lucky enough to have one of her plates.

    How I would love to visit the beautiful farm and see the history in the homes and the trees. Thanks for sharing the special time with us.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, indeed, I would so like to join you for tea! Lately I have been thinking about how nice it would be to visit the East Coast.
    I enjoyed the farm pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is harder to blog right now, I agree. Easier when it's cold outside! I love your birdie teapot, and the Spode teacup. And I always thought about fairies and lilypads too! Thank you for hosting Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely tea and the vase ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to come for tea. Blue and white makes my heart beat a little faster. How lovely your tea table is.
    Experimental farms are all over Canada it seems, although they don't seem as busy as I remember from my youth. Still needed, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my! Gorgeous post, beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing these pics and for hosting! Love the bird teapot and pretty flowers :)
    Have a great week,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandi,
    Blue and white is always so pretty!Glad you are feeling better now.
    It is nice to have some beach days as the time is getting shorter for them. We went to Cousin's Shore this afternoon for awhile...so relaxing!
    We used to go to the Experimental Farm on Sundays sometimes when I was a child or Strathgartny Park ~ how times have changed!
    Thanks for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi--yes it has been difficult to blog now that we are in the heart of summer! So many things are going on :). Your blue tea is really pretty, and the two figurines are a great touch (as are the beautiful flowers). Thanks for sharing the garden tour! Those lilies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi: I love the grounds you shared today. They are indeed beautiful. I love all the history. You new tea cup is very pretty. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Sandi
    I adore your new blue & white tea cup & saucer.
    We have seen so many beautiful blue & white patterns and designs dating back to 1500's during our travels in The Netherlands. I am amazed these pieces have survived all those years... just beautiful!
    Have a great week enjoying the last weeks of summer.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Sandi, my lure occurs in the spring and in the fall - summers here can be so very hot! I'd love to visit the Experimental Garden - it does look enchanting! Love your finds and your blue and white theme - beautiful post - I do appreciate you hosting and sharing!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. How lovely to return to a a place where you played as a child. I enjoyed seeing that beautiful home and the tree with the plaque! Your tea setting is always lovely and today the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandi, such a lovely post. Yes, it is hard to blog when you are busy with company and outdoor activities. I get a bit sad thinking about the rain and not being able to coffee outside every morning with my Jimmy.
    The season will soon be changing into fall.
    The geese are practicing flying every morning and night now.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've created a beautiful tea, Sandi, with the blue and white theme. The touch of green in the bouquet just enhances the loveliness!

    I lived in Ottawa for a good chunk of my childhood and there is an Experimental Farm there too. I still remember seeing piglets and looking up at a bull with a ring in its nose.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found your blog through http://www.lavendercottagegardening.com and I am glad I did. I am a tea enthusiast as well... I love all your china and tea pots. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I don't really know how to blog on tea and my passion for it. I got some ideas from your blog. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandi, I didn't realize there were royal ties to PEI. I will have to investigate and read more about this! Thank you for sharing these pictures and the info!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, I always have a hard time blogging during the summer! What a beautiful house with the Royal Gardens. I was just watching a show on some of the estates in England and they often had Royals come and plant their trees. How wonderful to see some.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi, both teacups have a beautiful pattern! Love mixing up different designs. I enjoyed the tour so much and the history was so enlightening. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Hoping to share a tea post next week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Sandi, I've just found your lovely blog. I too love blue and white china! After spying your Spode Blue Room teacup and saucer, I went on line and purchased two! Naughty, but everyone deserves pretty blue and white china, don't you think?

    Cheers - Joolz xx (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sandi,
    A beautiful post..both in tea cups and in scenery of your beautiful P E Island!!
    Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave such sweet comments, my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.