Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 14 April 2014

An Easter Tea for Tea Time


And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast 

Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
The snowdrop and then the violet,
Arose from the ground with warm rain wet;
And their breath was mixed with sweet odour sent
From the turf like the voice and the instrument. ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
 
 

Hello dear friends and welcome to my Easter Tea! We lost our internet on Friday and most of Saturday and I was a little afraid this wouldn't get posted but the internet guy arrived and got us up and running again just in time. Whew!


There are so many reasons to celebrate this special time of year. Spring has arrived and with it the songbirds and hopefully some green grass and flowers in your garden have appeared.


Spring would not be spring without bird songs. ~
Francis M. Chapman


I have set my table with some favourite tea things as well as a few of my little furry friends.


Three of my most elegant teacups in lovely candy coloured hues are ready for sipping tea.
The photo above is the truer shade of this teacup.


A corset-shaped Aynsley in a vibrant turquoise is adorned with a profusion of lush golden leaves inside the cup. This is one of my most favourite teacups in my collection.


Another Aynsley teacup, this one in a scrumptious rose pink with a wreath of gorgeous golden leaves inside the cup.




And this Queen Anne teacup in a perfect shade of peachy pink and accented with white and garlands of golden leaves. 






I chose these teacups for their beauty and their lovely gold adornment. The leaves remind me of the lovely green budding trees we will be seeing shortly all around us.


My Skye McGhie Cream Lace teapot is filled with a fragrant Darjeeling tea. 

The wreath of hydrangeas circling the stand is one I made a couple of years ago. It has a little butterfly with a bit of bling.


For our tea today, I made a white layer cake with lemon filling. It is sprinkled with coconut.


Easter eggs surround the cake. Nothing too fancy, just a sweet treat. 

I was tempted to sprinkle Easter eggs on the tea  table but I worried they might stain the topper so I opted for hydrangea petals.


 Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea. Unknown



"Tea" to the English is really a picnic indoors. ~Alice Walker



We know of course, that Easter is so much more than bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs.
The most important reason for celebrating Easter is the incredible gift of life which was given to us by our heavenly Father through His Son, our Lord Jesus.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16



My life, my love, I give to Thee,
Thou Lamb of God who died for me;
Oh, may I ever faithful be,
My Savior and my God! ~ Hudson

I pray your Easter will be a blessed time to reflect upon the true meaning of this Holiday. Thank you for joining me for tea today and Happy Easter to you all!  



I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
 Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

32 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. I just love your bunnies! And your Aynsley teacup beauties of course. The cake with eggs looks wonderful! He is Risen! Have a joyful week my dear sister in the Lord!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Sandi. I love the Aynsley teacups -- the colors are amazing. I prefer a simple cake and one of my favorites is one topped with coconut. Wonderful Easter tea. Happy Tea Day and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some fun teacups again - lovely and unique! Your bunnies are multiplying too for your Easter Tea! We have snow here! Have a great week and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely visit this morning.

    I was tickled to find the Skye McGee teapot. I had one and loved it. I say had, because one day it sprouted a slow leak on the spout. I must have bumped it or maybe it had a weak spot. You can imagine how sad I felt when I couldn't use it anymore.

    The Aynsley teacups are so beautiful. I don't know if I could pick a favourite.

    Wishing you a beautiful day....
    Brenda




    ReplyDelete
  5. Those teacups are LOVELY! And the cake looks yummy. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting your Easter Tea, sweet friend! Your table looks so Springy with your bunnies, birds, tulips and your beautiful teacups and teapot. I'd love a slice of your cake to go with my tea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful table for Easter tea time is set with with the darling bunnies. Your teacups and saucers are the perfect colors for Easter and oh so elegant. I love the coconut cake with the jelly beans for it is so very festive and delicious looking, Have a beautiful Easter week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful cups!! Thanks for sharing such a luvly Easter tea with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sandy
    Joinining you is always a pleasure but today I have prepare a very special Easter Tea with azahar(the flower of the orange tree that is blooming in these days in our streets) and a Virgin of our Holy Week
    I hope you enjoy it
    I loved your Easter Tea
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course, I love all your beautiful tea cups.....but, it's the goodies that really catch my eye! That cake looks delish! Have a wonderful week....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tea table and such pretty teacups for an Easter tea, Sandi. I always liked those colourful candied eggs but haven't had some for years. I'm more into chocolate now I guess. :) Have a wonderful and blessed Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi,

    What a fun and festive Easter Tea! Your too-cute-to eat coconut cake looks delicious and has inspired me to create something coconut-y for our Easter table. The tea cups are lovely and your daffodils, cheery and bright. Thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful tea time, perfectly set for spring!

    Wishing you and your family a glorious Easter!

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi,
    Your Easter tea is beautiful. Each and every teacup is gorgeous. I love the pretty springtime colors and the gold stroke work inside is beautiful. I just love your pretty tea pot and your cake looks so delicious. You have inspired me to bake one for Easter with pretty eggs around it too.

    Wishing you a special Easter and many blessings throughout the season.
    Thank you for stopping by. It was so special to see you today.
    Sending hugs your way.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely everything looks, Sandi, with the springtime touches. Have a blessed Easter.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved seeing your beautiful candy-colored teacups and saucers. That coconut cake photo makes me want to go bake one (maybe that's what I'll take to Easter dinner with my family!), and I so appreciate the Easter sentiments. A blessed Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely easter tea time! The tea cups are very beautiful and their colours are wonderful. Happy Easter!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Easter Sandi
    Your tea cups are beautiful and that cake looks so yummy! Enjoy your family time this coming weekend.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi
    You've created a lovely Easter themed tea table and I like the china you chose as well as the bunny friends joining us. I'm still trying to decide what to bake for dessert at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi your Easter tea is so lovely!! Thank you for hosting and sharing such lovelies with us. Happy Easter hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi! Happy Easter. You have set a lovely tea today for sure. I picked the same colors for mine, pink and turquoise. I love the peachy pink of your cups. I need to seek out a cup like that. Hoping you get green soon on PEI. We have everything just about the point of bursting into full bloom. I mean the buds are just about popped and tonight it will be 30 and we might get snow! Ugh! I never remember a winter and spring like this one. The trees even have those little baby leaves on them that look like green lace. It is all going to break loose at the same time this year. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your bright teacups--they are like Easter eggs themselves! Your bunnies are so cute...I have serious bunny envy. The flowers were also a beautiful touch to your table and the cake looks delicious. Thanks for hosting and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    Your Aynsley teacups are so gorgeous today. I love the Queen Anne one too. Such beautiful rich colours. Your cake looks delicious and so pretty with the Easter eggs surrounding it. Everything is so Spring like. Thank you for hosting tea again this week. It is always such a pleasure to visit your amazing blogspot! Have a Happy Easter! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi: A beautiful Easter Party! Thanks for hosting. I love the tea cups today. Have a blessed Easter. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! I am new to your beautiful site, and I just love it! Thank you so much for sharing and hosting!❤

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful tea table Sandi! I love the tea cups and their unique shape! I love the hints of gold. Your teapot is darling as well. May you have a blessed Easter, and thank you for the tea fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Sandi,
    your Easter tea table is so sweet. Not too fancy, but very elegant. I love the pink cups with the beautiful rose pattern plates. A really good choice. And the layer cake looks so delicate and lacy. I wish you a very happy and blessed Easter time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful table and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandi, Your Easter Tea is just beautiful - the teacups are very elegant - love your sweet bunny! Always a delight to join your party - I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Sandi, your Easter Tea is so lovely! I am glad you had your internet issues repaired in time to share. The coconut cake looks heavenly : )
    Your candy colored tea cups are just the right choice. I love that Aynsley! I have two, but not that shade of blue.
    Have a lovely week!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tea table is just beautiful and I just love all the color. Yummy cake too! Happy Easter! Oh and a darjeeling tea in the teapot would be just perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Easter Sandi!
    I love your pretty tea things, and the fluffy sweetness of the coconut cake. The quote I loved best was that bread and water could so easily be toast and tea! When I don't feel well, I have tea and toast. When I feel great, I have tea and cookies. The English may have been onto something. No matter what is happening, they offer a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi!
    Just hopping by with some warm wishes.
    LOVE your pink teacups, they are all gorgeous!
    Easter blessings to you and yours,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.