Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 11 November 2013

Tea Time Tuesday




"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why we call it the present." ~ Unknown

Hello dear friends and welcome to Tea Time. I hope you have been enjoying the long weekend.


Source- Internet

Today is the day we honour our heroes and without their sacrifice, perhaps we wouldn't be able to enjoy our tea time today. We owe them so much for the freedom we enjoy!

I saw a church sign the other day that read, "If you are enjoying your freedom, be sure to be thankful."

My father-in-law was in the Navy during WW2 and his medals are proof of his sacrifice for our freedom. Someday they will be passed down to my son.

My FIL never liked to talk about the war as he witnessed so much suffering and death as well as losing friends and his brother.

Many sacrifices have been made over the past century. Too many have lost limbs, too many have lost their sanity, and too many gave all. Let's honour them today and wear our poppy proudly.

Let's honour our heroes

Now that we're in the midst of Autumn, I thought it was a good time to bring out my Johnson Bros. Friendly Village china. This china really appeals to this old-fashioned gal.


"Life should be savoured; sipped like a cup of tea." ~ Unknown

I love this charming pattern depicting by-gone days in an English country village. I love the leafy trim on each piece and I have such a soft spot for old barns and school houses.


The Stone Wall

Each piece is like taking a little trip back in time.


Sugar Maples

The Sugar Maples remind me of the sugar woods back home in New Brunswick.

The Old Mill

The dinner plate has The School House design, the salad plate depicts the Willow by the Brook, and the bread and butter plate depicts Sugar Maples, the same delightful scene as the teapot. 


           Sugar Maples                            The School House                        Willow by the Brook    



Most of the pieces I have were gifts from my hubby over the last few years. I love this square plate. The Covered Bridge once again reminds me of back home in NB. 


The Covered Bridge


All but my teapot and creamer are vintage.



Hubby knows my weakness for china and especially how sentimental I am.


The Ice House 


I thought my red roses would look nice in the silver teapot and make a pretty centerpiece for my tea table.




" People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have." ~ Richard Carlson 



While sipping some delicious tea, I am perusing the newest issue of Holiday Bliss magazine. It's a lovely read. Have you picked one up yet? 




The weather has turned very cold and the sun has set so I have lit the fire. Time for a romantic cuppa tea with my favourite guy.



I'm so happy to have you come for tea today! You always make my party that much more special. And if you have a special teacup/teapot, coffee mug, or tablescape to share, I invite you to link up below. I look forward to visiting you. Have a beautiful day, dear friends.

"Greater love has no one than this: that one lay down his life for his friends." ~ John 15:13 


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~


A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

24 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. Friendly Village is an all time favorite...It's just a warm and cozy pattern. I, too, love to look at the design and dream. I also like that each piece is colored by hand, and so each is slightly different...each a gift to us from someone's talent! A link with the past. Sorry my linky is acting up....sigh...
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics . . . beautiful dishes . . . lovely quotes . . . just like an issue of Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    I love your Friendly Village china. I have one tea plate in Friendly Village and am looking for more whenever I treasure hunt. The pattern looks beautiful with your red roses. Your hubby sounds so kind and certainly knows what you like. Thank you for hosting Tea Time Tuesday. Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Friendly Village today, too, dear Sandi. I only have to dessert plates and two mugs, but maybe someday I'll get the teapot. I have to tell you that I always enjoy your inspirational quotes that you share. They always hit a soft spot in my heart. Thank you for hosting and have a blessed day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely village pattern . So cozy looking ! Yes we will always remember . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,

    Beautiful post, featuring your pretty Friendly Village china set. Such subtle, soft and seasonal colours and design. Lovely quotes, as well.

    Thanks so much for hosting on the Remembrance Day, Tuesday, November 11th, 2013.

    Lest we forget.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, What a beautiful post. You gave a lovely tribute for Remembrance Day. I love the Friendly Village china pattern and have only 2 dinner plates - one was my mother's and one my mother-in-law's. And you're right that the scenes look like New Brunswick (or New England). ;) Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi, Your setting by the fireplace is so inviting on this chilly day - we're getting snow flurries right now - first of the season. I have FV pattern - 4 place settings myself. My daughter has 8 place settings. We adore it. It's great for this time of year. Thanks for your tribute to the veterans too.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table tea near the fireplace is so inviting! This porcelain si gorgeous and very precious.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post today, Sandi! Your Johnson Bros. Friendly Village china is so nostalgic and lovely. I especially like square china plates too, and have a couple of china sets where they are included. Your fireside tea is so cozy and inviting as the November temperatures plummet. May your week be blessed!
    ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Johnson Brothers dishes as these will be so lovely all WINTER. They make us smile with those scenes! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandi,
    What a beautiful pattern for winter! The snowy scenes are wonderful. They look so lovely layered. What a perfect setting in front of the fire.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi! I just love Friendly Village and seeing your tablescape of them all set out in their glory makes me bite my lip that I passed up a complete set for twelve a couple years ago at a thrift store. It was right after Christmas and I just didn't have the money to put towards it at the time - even though the price was perfection at only $150! Such a lovely set to use in the fall and you have made an inviting table to be sure. Appreciate the Veteran's Day salute - which is the theme of my post this week, too. Blessings to you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We owe so much to those who serve so that we may enjoy our freedom.
    I like these cozy scenes on teasets. You can lose yourself in the pictures imagining what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Sandi ~ loving your Friendly Village ... this is such a beautiful set and perfect for the season. Thank you for hosting, Hugs and Blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sandi… "Friendly Village " is so warm..truly perfect for this post. Lovely display and tribute for "Remembrance Day"…Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pattern is beautiful Sandi! Love Johnson Brothers. Thanks for hosting and for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm late to the party, but I made it..lol! Thank you so much for hosting every week Sandi...I love to party here! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi, didn't we just have a remembrance day to remember. Ours was very quiet and local, here at Victoria park with the wreaths and fly over and a beautiful ceremony where I remembered my father and grandfather. I was thankful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi!
    I'm back! Lol Thanks for visiting me today and welcoming me back to Blogland! I really missed everyone. LOVE your tablescape (one of my fave patterns) and that sparkly pumpkin is darling! You Remembrance Day post is very moving. Looking forward to more visits...
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola Sandi
    Te felicito por honrar a tus héroes, es una manera de respetar su memoria y el recuerdo.

    Preciosa tu colección de vajilla, siempre impecable, elegante y preparada. El ramo de flores engalana la mesa.
    Un beso grande amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  22. une table merveilleuse
    remplis de paysages
    et des pensées sincères pour toute
    cette jeunesse
    partie avec l'espoir
    il est parfois dur de penser à cette
    guerre
    tendresse à tous
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi. You are certainly hitting the season perfectly! Yourphotos are so perfect as usual! As our kids said when they played ball, "good eye, good eye"!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Sandi, this set has the perfect name - it is quite beautiful. They're lovely gifts from your husband - These days are unusually cold for us too - I'm not sure what winter will be like - so delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.