Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

HOME





"Mid pleasures and palaces though I may roam,
Be it ever so humble there's no place like home." ~ John Howard Payne 

Welcome to my 50th HOME party dear friends! I hope your week is off to a wonderful start.

I'm so happy you are here today! Please come in and take a comfy seat by the fire and we'll sip  some tea. It is fairly nippy outside these days.



As you can see, I am using my JB Friendly Village china this week. I love this old-fashioned pattern which takes you back to a different time and place.

I am starting to put away my pumpkins and Autumn decor and bring out my Christmas. Have you started decorating for the holidays yet?

This metal heart-shaped cone adorned with roses greets you as you enter the powder room. It has just the teeniest bit of rust on it, making it oh, so charming.


I have filled it with greenery, a large painted pine cone, and silver balls. This room is decorated in cream, white, and green so I always use the same colour theme in here for the holidays.


Sitting on a little cabinet is this metal and wicker basket adorned with snowflakes. I filled it with greenery and pinecones, silver balls, and a little birdhouse I painted white, with a porcelain birdie nestled in the greenery. The snow on the roof and the house itself is sprinkled with glitter although you can't tell from the photo. I couldn't help myself, I added some holiday sparkle courtesy of PicMonkey.



I have a couple more things to add before this room is ready.

Now on to some fabulous features from last week's party. It was hard to choose just a few because you are all so talented!

Jen @ A Garden of Threads shared this cute sweater she knitted. I love how it hugs the waistline. There is angora in it too.



Beth @ Beyond The Garden Gate shared photos of her November garden. There is still lots of lovely colour to be found. Beautiful!



Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest shared some lovely natural touches in her home. Very calm and  serene! Aren't her pumpkin plates adorable?



Carol @ Art and Sand shared her Fall display on the porch. Because she has a beachy view, she has displayed a beachy theme. Gorgeous, and I love her red Dutch door!

And if you know me, I have to share at least one post with china in it!

Bernideen @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog took us on a tour of her treasured tea cups. I love her what-not shelf holding the purple/lavender china. So pretty!


Thank you friends for inviting us into your lovely homes each week. Without the pleasure of your company, it just wouldn't be a party.

Do you have something HOME related you would like to share? Simply create a post around it and link up below. I will be happy to come and visit you.

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy beauty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Inspire Me~ http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

23 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for having us this week....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so very pretty ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much , Sandi, for hosting!

    Thanks for always taking the time to stop by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,

    Love the holiday sparkle on your pretty seasonal vignette! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running late for TT, but so enjoyed your post today Sandy! Hope you are feeling well and sending blessings your way! Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your touches of Christmas decor, Sandi! I haven't started to decorate yet and don't think I'll put out as much this year. Thank you for hosting and have a good week, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    Your home is looking so pretty for the winter months. I really like Friendly Village but only have the teacups, nothing else. I keep thinking I will get a set but have not yet. I have Pfaltzgraff Winter Berry and it is pretty but I would much rather have Friendly Village.
    Thanks so much for hosting,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring me amongst so many awesome posts today, Sandi! (Hugs)

    LOVE that autumn farmland motif on your china - has such charm!

    Thank you for hosting, it is a wonderful linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not everybody can say they hosted 50 parties

    I always like coming over to see your rose chintz dishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congratulations on 50 parties Sandi!!! It's always fun stopping by to see what everyone is up to!

    And the Johnson Bros. China is always perfect for fall and you have a beautiful vignette! I've been a fan of it for a while.

    Hope your day is Extraordinary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi, Love your Friendly Village setting, and the vignette with the bird, greeneries, and house. Thanks for featuring my post from last week!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your Friendly Village set. Just what you think of this time of year. I shared my Autumn Tree cake. Thanks for hosting. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your decorations are so pretty, Sandi. I love the white birds mostly. Thank you for hosting once again and congratulations on your 50th party. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do so love all of your dishes. Thanks very much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for hosting!
    I'm going to go full throttle and start my grandson's Christmas tree this weekend! Love your white touches.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas looks! I am so ready to get all of my decorations out!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to decorate for Christmas only December 1st. Then I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Now I am to the point of starting to do some Christmas decorating now. LOL Otherwise, time just seems to slip away for me. thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My decorating ideas have been just ideas today, but they have been about taking down Halloween decorations and where I'd like my lights this year. Way too much planning and so little doing :-)

    I love your little tin welcoming into the powder room. Congratulations on your 50th home party. There is something special about Winter Berry or Holly that is inspiring for me when I see it in decorations, enjoy the rest of your decorating days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful features this week,Sandi - lovely posts - I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the holiday decorations you are using with your dishes. How beautiful everything looks. Thank you for your lovely card and tea. That was so sweet and the card very meaningful. Also, thank you for featuring me here on HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my!

    I just popped in to see the party even though I had nothing to link up. To my surprise, there was my entry. Thanks so much for featuring me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't let the week go by without stopping by and sending you a ton of hugs. It's been a zoo around here. Have a beautiful weekend Sandie.....

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.