Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 2 July 2012

Tea Time Tuesday


"Where we love is home. Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Hello everyone and welcome to my first tea party in the month of July! I hope all my Canadian friends had a wonderful Canada Day weekend! Hubby and I were both quite sick with the flu so we didn't get to enjoy it. But these two little ones sure did! Two of my little grandchildren, Jenna-Lynn and Zachary.


Jenna-Lynn and Zachary

I am so happy you have come to tea today and I wish all of my American friends a Happy 4th of July celebration!

My tea post is going to be a little different because I want to talk about my Anne of Green Gables Tea Party next week.
I hope you will enjoy looking at a few of my teacups before I talk about next week's party. 

I have no idea how many teacups I have as I have never actually counted them all. Some are fine china and porcelain, while others are ironstone. Many are also vintage. The majority of my teacups  belong in my sets of dishes. 

I have set a few of my pink and white teacups out on the coffee table and placed a fresh cut rose in each one. 
Among these teacups is Johnson Bros., Maxwell and Williams, Royal Albert, Gracie China, Skye McGhie, as well as Windsor, and a couple of teacups from my every day sets.



This first cup and saucer below is Pierced Lace by Skye McGhie which you have seen before. The one directly behind it is one from my everyday set.



It is called 17th Century by Staffordshire Engravings in England. This is the set I use at breakfast. 







This cup and the next are both part of snack sets. The first one is red transferware which is one of my obsessions. Trouble is, it is very hard to come by around here. I don't actually have a full cup and saucer set in the red transferware. I have only a few orphaned teacups.


This cup called Romantic Rose by burton and Burton is part of a very pretty snack set which I won in a Giveaway last Summer from Jocelyn at Jocelyne's Tea Parties. I love the luscious roses on it!







This is Lavender Rose by Royal Albert which had belonged to my mother. I love the "leaf" handle on this cup.


Rose Petals by Maxwell and Williams which is part of a trio.


Windsor china teacup made in England; love the gilt and delicate pink.


You are all familiar with Rose Chintz made by Johnson Bros. This is of course my favourite pattern and the one which I collect the most. Most of this china pattern came from my Auntie P.



The teacup beside the Skye McGhie set is another from my everyday set. It came from Eatons which is much like Sears. My mother gifted me with the majority of that set.



There is no name on this one, just that it is from Eatons.




This cup is another Rose Chintz made by Gracie China.




And my final teacup today is another one made by Johnson Bros.  There is no name on it. This was the pattern my mother used when I was growing up.



So, which cup do you like best?

TEA FACT: Did you know that Darjeeling is considered to be the champagne of teas?

My hubby prefers his orange pekoe to herbal and specialty teas like me. He does however enjoy a cup of Darjeeling because it resembles his orange pekoe.

Now, on to my Anne of Green Gables Tea Party announcement....


"The soul without imagination is what an observatory would be without a telescope." ~ Henry Ward Beecher



The tea button is free to take and use in your post or side bar if you wish.

I think one of the greatest imaginations was that of our dear Lucy Maud Montgomery, the beloved author of Anne of Green Gables.

I hope you will join me next week for an Anne of Green Gables  Tea Party beginning on the 9th. It will be a tea in which to share your favourite green and whites or Anne inspired tea things. If you have neither, then simply share a favourite teapot, teacup, or china mug; something which makes your heart go pitter pat!

I will be serving a special menu and it is as follows:

Tea biscuits and jam
Chicken salad sandwiches
Cucumber sandwiches
Pudding and sauce {without the mouse} If you read the story, then you will know what I mean.
Ice cream and strawberries. {We all know how much Anne liked her ice cream!}
Plum Puffs
Raspberry cordial, lemonade, and tea.

Now, to make this tea extra fun, I am making it a type of Progressive Tea Party. The idea is to serve something from the menu with your refreshment.

Now I realise it is summertime and you are all busy, but if you would like to serve something from the menu, I would love to have one of you serve tea biscuits, someone else serve one or both of the sandwiches, and someone else, one of the desserts. I will include your link in my tea party post so that my visitors will visit you for refreshments.

All I ask is that you let me know of your plans before July 7th so I can include your link in my post when I'm preparing it.

You can email me or leave a comment on this post as soon as possible.

This tea will be the highlight of the season and I hope to see you all there!




"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all." ~ From Alexander's Hymns for Little Children.


I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. And for the summer months, I would love to see your teacups and teapots indoors as well as out in the garden, at the beach, on a park bench, etc...
Also I would enjoy seeing your teacup and teapot crafts as well as recipes and any stories you might have to share about tea time. So, let's have fun this summer with our teas. Get out there and be as creative, fancy, or as laid back as you wish!


I am delighted you have stopped by for a visit today. Your presence always make my tea party that much more special! Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced tea or Iced Coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.
No alcoholic beverages please.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome!

To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name. Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tea in the Garden~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

48 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi!
    You have so many beautiful teacups! One of these days I probably should gather all mine up and see just how many I have. Well, maybe not! LOL Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I love the all cream one best. I'm partial to cream- it's Pierced Lace I think.... But then after that they are each so exquisite...you make me feel so kissed by beauty. Love stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi
    You know which teacup I want, it will go nicely with my teapot.
    Well, I don't have any Anne things but I can bring out some green and white for next week! I'll serve the tea biscuits (scones) and jam for the progressive tea if you like.
    Don't you wish we could do this for real?
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi. So glad you had a wonderful Canada Day! I look forward to your Anne of GG Tea! Loveley photos of your teacups and flowers, as usual!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, what a beautiful collection ... all those pretty roses and pinks. Gorgeous! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I'll feel recovered enough from My surgery by your party on the 9th.I hope so.I would love to join.I don't know if I will want anything to do with the computer yet 2 days home from the hospital.I love your collection of white and pink cups.Lace and flowers just go perfectly with them. Have a wonderful day.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, I love your Rose Petals tea cup, as well as the last one you showed, and of course your Rose Chintz. Your everyday china is pretty too. I am having a little tea party tomorrow (a real one, with guests). It's too hot to drink our tea outside so it'll be inside and we'll use my Liberty blue ironstone since we are to soon celebrate our 4th of July.
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi! I love all of your pretty tea cups. since Judith is serving scones and tea biscuits, I'll serve ice cream and strawberries.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    Its so nice to see your grandkids. I can remember the difficult start of little HJenna-Lynn and today she is a real girl. Time is running so fast. I can see how much fun they had. So sorry, that you had to suffer on the flu.
    Your tea cups are so wonderful and hard to chose which one I like best. The lacy cream one is marvellous and the Rose Petals Cup is so outstanding and seldom seen. The other cups are all great, too. I am so happy that I can be part of your wonderful party. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and delights and for hosting this great event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    What a beautiful collection of teacups you have! I think my favorite is your breakfast cup! My favorite to collect is transferware and like you there seems to be very little around, at least for a afforable price. Tomorrow we leave for Niagra Falls for a week as my grandson has a hockey tournament there. I don't know if I'll get back in time to do a "Anne of Green Gables" post. I am looking forward to seeing everyone elses, though. Thank you for hosting your weekly tea and have a good week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Sandi... I never seen like this b4? Teacups collection, indeed and not just collections. They are amongst the most beautiful teacups, I ever seen, honestly.

    LOVE them all.

    Happy Canada Day and Happy TTT, too.
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful as usual. You have so many gorgeous teacups. Love them all. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,

    Wonderful photos of your pink teacups and pretty roses. You have quite the collection :-) Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so many pretty teacups my friend...but your little gorgeous grands out shine them!! Happy 4th. of July and thank you for having me dear Sandi.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi,
    Hello!!
    I finally have a post to link up!
    I bought a pretty new Christmas tea cup over the weekend!!
    I LOVE ALL of your beautiful tea cups!!

    So very pretty!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi,
    Your teacup collection is absolutely fabulous. I love the photo with the roses. It's so hard to pick just one, but I love the rose chintz and the one that looks like red transfer ware. Your Ann of Green Gables tea sounds so fun. I'll be vacationing so I will have to check it out when I return. The kids are so cute celebrating Canada Day. Sorry to hear that you and your hubby were ill. Hope you're feeling better and thanks for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi,
    Well, I jumped the gun! I actually was working on another post for this week and had a flash of a thought that this was the Anne of Green Gables week - I was rushing myself and should have checked! Well, do I join in again - make another - make another sounds right - I'll have to find an appropriate Anne quote for that! By the way - I also mistyped the recipe title - it is a coffee cake not cheese cake....well, if that's all I do backwards this week, I might survivie! I hope you have a blessed week - thank you for hosting and for sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, your two little grandchildren are adorable!! I wouldn't care which cup I had tea from, but I don't love your Rose Chintz. I hope you and your hubby are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again, Sandi, I will serve the cucumber sandwiches for the Anne of Green Gables tea. I look foward to reading all of the posts - what fun!!!
    Hugs and blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandi: I am planning to be a part of that party of yours. Looking forward to it. I love your post today. You always do such a great job. Hope you are well. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Sandi, I just LOVE your teacup collection. Happy Canada Day to you.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are all so beautiful, I love the Rose Chintz that is your blog, but really love the other rose chint by Grace or Gracie.
    Hope you had a great Canada Day it was perfect weather all weekend here. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I forgot to mention your grandchildren, they are beautiful. I have four boys and would love a little girl. I guess you didn't have a grat Canada Day, if you both had the flu, sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Quite a collection, but the Pierced Lace caught my eye!! Although I loved all your teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO nice, Sandi! Love the red transferware and pierced set! I hope you feel better asap. Your grandchildren are precious~ What a delightful idea...Anne parties :)
    xo
    shawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Sandi,
    thank you for this dreamlike tea party! What a lovely idea to put roses in the rose-cups.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Best greetings, Siret

    ReplyDelete
  28. The picture of your grandchildren celebrating Canada Day is absolutely gorgeous; what a patriotic pair!
    Your have so many lovely teacups, it is impossible to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Canda Day! Sorry the girls have been sick. Your teacups are amazing....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandi .. I hope you and your hubby are feeling much better! This extreme changes in temperature is affecting everyone. Your little darlings are adorable! Looks like they had a fabulous time celebrating Canada's birthday.

    Your Anne tribute sounds amazing ... I hope to be back to regular posting soon and will let you know if I am able to participate (you organize the best parties). But in any case I will definitely stop by and visit.

    Hugs and blessings, xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Sandi,
    Your table of tea cups and roses looks amazing! It is lovely to see each one and I couldn't pick a favorite from them!
    Your grandchildren are adorable! My granddaughters live far away and I only get to see them a couple times a year. I am missing them!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Sandi
    I´m really happy joining you today and sharing my new tea cup with you
    During some months I had not too free time so I didn´t prepare my tea on tuesdays but now I´m on holidays until september and I want to return and meet you every week again
    I love your table full of tea cups
    with that pink color...they are adorable and I´m exciting thinking in your next Ann of Green Gables Tea party,It´s sure I´m going to be there!
    Do you know I have a blog called Green Gables? ,in spanish" Tejas Verdes" (enlastejasverdes.blogspot.com),It´s my School blog as teacher where I show all my work with my pupils and I inspired in Ann Shirley character
    Comming here is always a great pleasure for me
    All my Love for you

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your tea cups are beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Sandi! What a lovely collection - and artfully displayed for us today, too! I don't know that I can choose just one favorite - so many lovelies, to be sure!

    I'm looking forward to our Anne with an "e" tea day next week! What an interesting thought - the progressive tea menu idea. I'm not so sure I can participate with menu selections, but I will have all things Anne in my post. Such scope for the imagination!!!

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Sandi your pink rose teacups are so so pretty!

    I ADORE RA's Lavender Rose - have never owned any but early on was always one of the prettiest, in m y opinion - I love it is a family piece!!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Sandi your pink rose teacups are so so pretty!

    I ADORE RA's Lavender Rose - have never owned any but early on was always one of the prettiest, in m y opinion - I love it is a family piece!!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Sandi! What a lovely post! I'm so excited about the Anne of Green Gables' Tea! What a wonderful idea! I would like to do the raspberry cordial and I've been wanting to do the recipe for the "plum puffs" as well! Can't wait! xoxo Jina

    ReplyDelete
  38. Buenas noches, he llegado hasta tu linda casa y me gustaría, si me lo permites, tomar el té contigo.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the teacups with flowers in them! Also the children!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ces tasses fleuries sont sublimes. Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Sandi,
    I love the Rose Petals set.
    Looking forward to the Anne Tea Party.Your photo of your cups and saucers with a matching
    pink rose in each is enchanting..so pretty and dainty.
    Have a good week
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  42. Good morning Sandi...had trouble with MR Linky again. He drives me crazy sometimes...lol. I love ALL your teacups but I think I like the one that was your mother's. I do adore transfer ware! Ok, I like them all.
    Your Anne of Green Gables event sounds delightful. My girls and I loved all the Anne movies that were out when they were little and we watched them all. I'm afraid I don't own any Anne things. This is a bit like my Tasaha Tudor day in August. I will look forward to your big event!
    Happy Canada Day...i love all my Canadian friends!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sandie. Your grandchildren are adorable but I'm sorry that both you and your husband had the flu. I hope your both feeling better.....100% better...I love the teacups with the pink flowers in them. Sandie.....I am totally grateful for you!!!! Take gentle care....

    ReplyDelete
  44. First of all, you have gorgeous grandchildren, Sandi!!
    All your cups are beautiful but I love your mother's Lavender Rose!
    It's a really pretty shape and pattern.
    Looking forward to your "Ann" tea very much.
    Have a blessed week, my friend.
    love..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such pretty tea cups! Oh, I think I will make me a cup now.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Sandi,
    What a lovely idea; sorry I didn't find it earlier. I do love Anne of Green Gables. When I visit a friend up northwest, She, her daughter, and I spend an entire day and night watching the entire series; including Avonlea.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful teacups. I really need to bring my collection out to share. : )
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.