Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 27 February 2012

Tea Time Tuesday



"If only, the violet mused, I were the finest flower in the world, just for a little while..." ~ The Violet - Johann Wolfgang Goethe {1749-1832}

Hello friends and welcome to the last Tea Time Tuesday of February!

Prince Edward Island has a blanket of snow on the ground but Spring is definitely in the air and I am so looking forward to it!

I am in a lavender/violet kinda mood today so I have set the tea table with white, cream, and just a hint of lavender.

Wee spicy bouquets of fluffy/frilly carnations lend a graceful touch to the table.



A heart wreath of lavender.


I am using my little frenchy teapot as it goes well with all my other pieces. It is filled with Bigelow's Cranberry Apple. A sweet sachet of lavender hangs from the handle.



I am also using my Sadler teapot with its spring time blooms. Tulips, crocuses, and irises as well as other pretty posies adorn this lovely teapot made in England. This teapot was a win I received from Wendy last Fall.
With Spring in the air, I thought it worked well on the table too.  This pot holds Earl Grey tea.



Violet teacups are ready to sip your tea from. My favourite is from Royal Albert's Flower of the Month series; February Violets.


This teacup is just so pretty and very dear to me as it was a gift from my hubby's aunt who has since passed away.

The teacup below is one I brought back from New Brunswick. Their provincial flower is the violet.



On the table you will also find a pretty cake plate sprinkled with violet pansies...



...which holds sweet crescent rolls under a cloche. Recipe is below.



My vintage silver spoons....


And a small creamer by Maxwell and Williams.





The tea table is simple and elegant.




Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds
On the heel that crushed it.



"Let us gather for a greeting
With our teacups filled with tea
And I'll tell you how important
Your friendship is to me." ~ Alda Ellis - Hats Off To Tea











Which teacup would you like to sip your tea from?



I almost always bake from scratch but today I opted for something quick and easy like these Cinnamon and Chocolate crescent rolls. Hubby loves them! 




Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls
I tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Unwrap and separate. Butter them and sprinkle on a mixture of cinnamon sugar. Roll up and bake according to directions. Enjoy.

Chocolate Crescent Rolls
I tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Spread with Nutella and bake as directed. Enjoy.

One could also spread them with jam or sprinkle on grated cheese, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Thank you for coming for tea and remember on March 19th, I am hosting my Spring Tea.



Celebrate~ The Splendor of the Season ~ Spring Tea ~
A tea party to share all your pretty spring china, birds/birdhouses, bunnies, eggs, whatever Springtime means to you. I am looking forward to seeing all your lovely tea tables!

" I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug you would like to share? I would love to see it! If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: hot apple cider, hot chocolate, lemonade, iced tea or coffee, punch. No alcoholic beverages please. The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! Please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Sherry~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home
Cielo~ http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/
Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Kathy~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness
Marty~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday
Martha~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
 Teacup Tuesday
Terri~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday
Trisha~ http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/
Tea Party Tuesday
Ruth~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Bernideen~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Miss Spenser~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Teacup Thursday




Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

40 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi, What a glorious spring teapot! Love both your violet cups, and I can almost smell the carnations! Thanks for hosting Tea Time Tuesday and have a good week.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring table it so pretty Sandi. I love the flowered teapot and the violet teacups. I guess either one would do for me as I am from N.B. :) I have a RD mug with violets on it. Have a great week! Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing the spring teapot! I am ready for spring...think I will go find my daffodil tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sandi,
    you combined a wonderful spring table full of scenting violets and spring flowers. The frilled carnations look like dainty doilies and add a fresh charme. The sadler tea pot is just gorgeous for this event. Thank you for the yummy recipe, I love easy and fast recipes. Can imagine, how tasty these Cinnamon and Chocolate crescent rolls are. Thank you for this sweet post and for hosting this lovely event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    What a beautiful tea table you set for us today!
    The white and violet items combine so well!
    The lavender heart is just gorgeous and I hope to remember to make one myself when time comes (i.e. when my lavender bushes are in full bloom).
    Everything is very inspiring (oh the flowery teapot!!!)
    And your recipe must turn out delicious!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,

    Your violet table setting is simply gorgeous! I'm anxious for spring to arrive. Thank you for hosting our tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,

    Your violet table setting is simply gorgeous! I'm anxious for spring to arrive. Thank you for hosting our tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pictures,I love the heart of lavander!
    good week
    giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spring table! I specially love the teapot, it's gorgeous...and also the teacup and everything else, lol. Thank you for hosting and having me. Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Violets and lavender and Spring! YeeHaw!!! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,

    I'm dropping by to wish you a happy week.

    What a lovely tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the spring tea pot, and the lavender heart. You always make it look great.
    hugs
    kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweet tea cups and the white carnations are so refreshing! Thanks for sharing, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such gorgeous teapots! The violet cup and plate are just beautiful! Thanks for being such a gracious hostess!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  15. I posted a violets teacup as well! Your setting is lovely and spring like! Great minds think alike...I love carnations. My favorite scent! Roger Gallet used to make French milled carnation soap that was heaven, but I haven't been able to find it for a few years. Sigh...
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Sandi! This is the loveliest tea setting that I've ever seen. Love the soft lavender and the whites. So lovely.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful table, Sandi! It's so restful & serene...maybe I'm smelling the lavender!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, I love your lavender and white tea table today! The colors are lovely together...very soft and seem to mix together winter and spring. I like the way you put the carnations in dainty vases. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Sandi,
    I just adore your Lavender heart - it is lovely! Your teas are always so beautiful and welcoming, not to mention delicious! Thank you for hosting, I hope you have a fantastic week
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi,
    What a pretty tea! I love the teapot. It really is nice with the February teacup! Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sandi
    Your table has a nice hint of spring with the violets and lavender. I would definitely want the February teacup please and chocolate croissants are a weakness. Such an easy way to make them, and cheaper than at the bakery.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your teapot and cups! The carnations are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it all. I have a thing for lavender and white together. SO fresh and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi, your tea table is always so elegant and charming. All of your tea things and delicious foods brought a smile to my face. Thank you for hostessing our tea party each week! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your spring srtting. The lavenders of the violets and white and purple are lovely. I chose daffodils today because it was actually sunny! I hope your snow doesn't last too long!
    Cheers!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi,

    Your teacups & teapot are so pretty and I love the lavender and carnations for spring time tea...simply gorgeous! Thanks for visiting Magnolia Cottage and the lovely comment. Have a wonderful week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just love the lavender heart wreath, so pretty. Also your violet china. It's hard to go past a violet for pure prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We received the February plate from my folks for our 23rd Anniversary this month. I love the light blue highlights.

    Your table is very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always love your tea time posts Sandi, elegant and uplifting.

    I think should I share a cup of tea with you today, the New Brunswick teacup would be my choice, but both teacups would most definitely enhance the taste of the tea, because I think sharing a cup of tea or coffee at a table set with love & care adds so much more to a meal that the taste cannot help but also be enhanced.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi there Sandi - that Sadler teapot so bold with flowers has my heart! - Thanks for the quick tip on the yummy variation on crescent rolls - genius. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. As always your tea table is filled with gorgeous delights.I have always enjoyed visiting you no matter for tea or not,you are just a lovely lady of our Lord. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  32. Best to you, Sandi, as we are both thinking of spring this week! Such a lovely setting - I think the herbal tea is best for me! And, I shall use your February violets cup - it was one of my mom's and is still at the old house with Dad - I've yet to remove it from display on his dining room hutch where mom placed it some years ago. As you'll see in my post, I'm honoring my mother this month as her February birthday is just past and I find I miss her more and more as each year passes.

    So glad there is teatime to keep our sweet memories alive . . .

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandi,such a pretty and dainty tea post:)I love the lovely violet tea cup... looks so pretty against the papery soft, white carnations. The white carnations look so elegant in those crystals bowls...beautiful pictures! I enjoyed sharing tea and scones with you today:) Thanks for your loving thoughts and for following me. Happily following you through LF. Have a wonderful evening, Sandi!Hugs~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is all so lovely my friend! The flowered teapot has me dreaming of spring time gardens ...and I love the idea of the little lavender sachet dangling off the white one.

    Thanks for sharing such a lovely and warm (it's cold here and there is still snow on the ground.) tea...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you dear friend for sharing your beautiful post with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for visiting my blog and also for becoming my latest follower, I really appreciate it. And I see you live on Prince Edward Island of Anne of GG fame. Wow, what a beautiful place to live. I seem to remember that Prince William and Kate visited you all there last year too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful post! I love everything about it. Thanks for visiting me and I now follow you gladly.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  38. Bravo Sandi! What a fabulous and gorgeous post! Both your tea cups are so pretty. I too showed a violet cup today, so spring must be in the air! Your white and lavender setting is truly lovely.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  39. This post is beauti-FULL. I just love the Spring Tea pot.The prettiest I've ever seen. Deb=^..^=x4

    ReplyDelete
  40. This time of year - my heart turns to Violets too! Growing up in Virginia they would be blooming low to the ground....not in Colorado though. I always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.