Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 20 June 2009

Pink Saturday ~ Primping in All It's Pinkness!


Pink Saturday has arrived again and I have decided to share something a little bit different from my usual line-up.

Before my hubby and I got married, I had gone to College to take Cosmetology and one of my favourite classes was Aesthetics. I enjoyed creating new hairstyles, but even more, I enjoyed working with cosmetics and learning how to make the most of one's appearance. I loved helping someone look more attractive and playing up their best features. Today aesthetics has transitioned into a whole new art form and it is a booming business. Even though the 'seasons' are not so much in vogue, I still feel you will look better by wearing your seasonal colours; be it make up or clothing!

Anyway, I thought I would show you some of my cosmetics and the other things I use to spruce myself up. If you will observe, almost EVERYTHING is pink or has pink on it. Indulge yourself in pink, it is a 'feel good colour.'
I think it's important to start at one end and go to the other; that includes your tootsies! Make sure they are well taken care of too. Do your pedicure ladies or have someone else do that for you! Now that summer is here, and sandals are your most comfortable footwear, it's important to have your feet looking their best. These adorable glittery flip-flops I showed you last week, but they are part of my beauty regimen so I'm showing them again. I slip them on after a nice bubble bath or shower. With something pretty on your feet, you're ready to take the next step!

This is my pink velour robe. It's hard to show you the right shade of it but it is a bright, almost hot pink and very luxurious in satin and velour. Makes me feel pampered when I wear it!Of course, there must be candles; pink candles!
A bit of my pink line-up....Pink lipstick, nail polish, nail polish remover, blush; even the Oil of Olay is pink!
A bottle of Ombra lavender bubble bath, my favourite, is in a pink-capped bottle! {in the little basket in the background with the shampoo, conditioner, and shaving gel}.
Even my pink water jug gets to play a part in my beauty routine, because a jug of water a day helps keep the wrinkles away!! And its good for your system too.
A pink bath sponge, and a pretty apothecary jar full of cotton balls with a pretty pink rose adorning it.
~ a pink brush, shaving gel, razor, even the package of razors is pink!


Pink herbal shampoo and conditioner. My hair towel is pink too! I wrap it around my head like a turban!

And what is a beauty routine without a cup of coffee sitting close by in its pink mug! Don't forget to pick up your favourite beauty magazine or book. I won this one in a giveaway and the tips are fabulous!
Be sure to get your fresh air and exercise too.
Well, there you have it! Yup! I'm a Pink Lady! I use an assortment of beauty products; from Avon to Clinique and Elizabeth Arden, to Clairol's Herbal products.
I also love Chanel No.5 perfume and White Linen too, but very seldom get to wear them because there are so many with allergies out there now.

My beauty tip for the day: If you are over 35, wear a pink lipstick that is right for you. It is softer and gives you a more youthful appearance!
Now skip on over to visit our charming hostess Beverly, by clicking on the link http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ or the Pink Saturday button to the right on my sidebar, and see what other pinks are being offered today. Enjoy your pink day, take good care of yourself, inside and out, and have a lovely weekend everybody!

Another tip: Don't forget to treat your man like a king this weekend. If you treat him like a king, chances are he'll treat you like a queen! Hugs, Sandi

34 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing all this. Happy pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pink to see. I do believe women have to be pampered at times if not always LoL.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday...blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday
    Happy Fathers Day to the men in your life
    this was a wonderful post Sandi.
    I know about the perfume because with Amy doing chemotherapy and going with her, there is always a sign up about "no wearing of perfume"...it can make the patients sick and there are only 3 perfumes that I can wear that do not give me a severe migrane.
    you are special
    hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a Pink Gal through and through! It looks gorgeous and relaxing to get ready for your day at your home! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. No two ways about it...you're committed to pink :-). Havve a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pinks!! I have some of the jars with the roses and I love them!! That reminds me may need to head out today and get more before they are all gone!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi!
    I have been pampered for the day. Thanks so much for sharing with me. I love the sandals. I live in sandals being here in Phoenix. Thanks for stopping by Country Wings in Phoenix. I am so thrilled to have many new friends to visit. You get so many wonderful ideas from each site. Have a wonderful day. Sending you "Country Hugs" from Country Wings in Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Pink display of all your goodies. Your makup accessories look like mine but I do keep getting old anyway LOL. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Sandi.
    Oh my! You really do love pink!!!

    Thanks for coming by for a visit.
    blessings on your day.

    Barbara jean

    PS I'll be back later!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice and pretty. I like that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks for the tips! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely. I feel pampered just seeing all this lovely stuff. Now I need to get the nail polish out and polish my toenails.
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect PINK post...I loved every minute of it. While I can;t wear pink lipstick very well (or maybe I've not found the right shade?), I do stick with a very light, peachy shade that seems to look better on my old skin..:)
    I adore the name of your blog...ROSE CHINTZ COTTAGE just rolls off the tongue so easily...
    I am signing up to follow so I won't lose you...Blogland is getting so HUGH...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful ideas. It's important to look and feel your best!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to see all the pinks you use in pampering yourself. We all need some pampering, don't we? I've seen that book and thought about buying it - maybe I will! Happy Pink Saturday, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh, I feel so relaxed......as if I've just come from the spa. Coffee, magazines, soft robe, candles, and lots of pink in all it's shades. What a perfect PINK SATURDAY!

    Best Wishes,

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a perfect girlie post. Such great advice and fun too. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  20. Makes me want to go and pamper myself right now! Too bad I have to go and get ready for a yard sale. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty Pinks. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing all your pink things. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pink blog post! Another Saturday, where I am taking in all of the pink and visiting some of the most lovely blogs in cyberspace. I need the pink this morning, it's all dark and raining outside. So thanks for the uplift☺

    Wishing you and those you l♥ve a weekend filled with sunshine, good food and many, tender memories.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pink Saturdays blog posts are making me a huge fan of pink! I've always liked it but it is really growing on me now!! Thanks for a lovely tour of your pinks!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty Pinks. I especially like the sandals though. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too. Happy Pink Saturday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all your pink goodies and the sandals are wonderful! I need to get a copy of the book too!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely pink post with all of the beauty products, we are really pink through and through...happy pink saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All the lovely pinks are so much fun to see! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy weekend!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Pink...great pink pretty...I'm returning your visit..that I didn't make...When I got back from tubing on the river...I was sunburn bad...Happy Pink Katherinellen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Always charming pinks to share. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Pink Saturday; I'm getting around late.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love all your pink pampering products!! how fun! thanks for sharing and happy pink week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice tip about pink lipstick! Pampering is good - pampering with PINK is pinkalicious! Pink Hugs this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.