Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Photography, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday, 19 June 2009

An Award & My Favourite Rhubarb Muffins!

Good morning~ The other day I made my favourite Rhubarb Muffins for Bible Study. They are a little tart with a zing of orange zest and a sprinkling of sweetness on the top. They are yummy and I thought I would share the recipe with you.
Rhubarb-Oatmeal Muffins

Makes 12 muffins:
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 -1/2 cups flour
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tbsp. grated orange zest
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb

In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and oil. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, orange zest, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center; pour in egg mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in rhubarb. Immediately spoon batter into 12 greased muffin pans. Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin before baking. Bake in oven preheated to 350, for about 30 minutes. Cool muffins in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to cool completely on wire rack. Store loosely covered with foil. Makes 12 {although I often get 14 out of the batter}.
The other day I received a lovely surprise, in the form of "One Lovely Blog Award" from Susan at A Southern Daydreamer http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ . I have received this award before and I'm happy to receive it once again. Susan, thank you for thinking of me! I am always blessed when one of my bloggy friends wants to pass on an award to me.
The rules are, I am to link back to Susan and then pass it on to other blogger friends of my choice, linking to them and letting them know I have given them this award.
I hope you don't mind Susan, but I am going to break the rules and pass this award on to all my Followers. I couldn't possibly choose because I don't want anyone to feel left out. So, if you are one of my Followers, please take this award and post it on your blog from me to you. Have a wonderful day everyone!

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Sandi,
I love baking with rhubarb so I will definitely try your yummy looking muffins.
thanks for sharing and have a good weekend.
Carolyn

Shirley Watts said...

Good Morning Sandi,
My husband loves rhubard! I will try this one.Have a Blessed weekend! Shirley

Becky K. said...

Mmmmm-yum! Those Rhubarb muffins sound great!

blushing rose said...

Yum!! Rhubarb is wonderful. I am curious & may try using a boxed mix adding the zest & rhubarb & see what happens, also. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning Sandi - Thank you so very much for the Award and thinking of me in such a special way! Believe it or not, I'm really an introvert but the Lord whispered for me to come out of my shell and comfort zone to meet new people. I thank HIM for that along w/so many other things; including you!

Love for a great weekend
China

Sandra said...

Hi Sandi, the muffins look very delicious!
And thank for the lovely award. You're so sweet. I'll add it to my blog as well. :)
Blessings,
Sandra

sister sheri said...

You're table setting is so inviting!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sandi,
That plate looks delicious enough to go with my cup of tea lol. They look so yummy.. I wish I could bake, I really should try this. Thanks for sharing your muffins with us.

Hugz Lorie

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Congratulations on your award. Ok let's celebrate with rhubarb muffins! :-)

How nice of you to prepare these for your bible study group :-)

Smilingsal said...

I'll be right over!

graciegirl said...

I just got some rhubarb from my daughters garden.I'll try your muffin recipie.
Your dishes are very pretty too.
Have a blessed Sunday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...