Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 29 April 2009

We Know Spring is Here When.....

Good afternoon everyone~ We Islanders have been waiting and waiting for the arrival of Spring. Well, over the weekend we had a temperature of 22 degrees celcius on Saturday and 23 degrees yesterday! Even though it is only 7 degrees today, the promise of warm weather has all our hopes up. What a wonderful treat for those of us who are very weary of the cold damp weather!
When I see a robin hopping around, I know Spring has finally sprung.
I also know for certain that Spring has arrived when the Spring Peepers start singing behind our home at night! They are not the cutest little frogs in the world, but they sure know how to sound like a choir in the evening! I just love listening to them.
Do you know these little guys are only about an inch and a half in length? That's about the size of a paper clip! Spring Peepers are to the amphibian world what Robins are to the bird world. As their name implies, they begin emitting their sleigh-bell-like chorus right around the beginning of Spring. Here on the Island, it is more like mid-April before we hear them.Yesterday, after I brought the clothes in off the line, a beautiful male Gold Finch flew to the clothes line. I was thrilled!
Hubby has changed from his uniform pants to shorts on warmer days; this is also the sign that Spring is here! These are truly the signs that Spring has arrived on PEI and I'm one happy gal! Have a wonderful day everyone!
"This is the day the Lord has made; Let us be glad and rejoice in Him"

12 comments :

  1. We have actually buds on the trees here in Vermont. I can't wait for leaves! Great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those signs of spring!
    ....we are still waiting here...but I hope to plant some lily bulbs today (after I finish the income tax prep!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful photos of birds. I love, love, love spring & summer, not much on winter maybe I should south..

    Be Blessed, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi.
    I,too am loving the signs of spring.Things seem to be popping now.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful for you !
    I love signs of spring.
    I am always sad it fades so quickly around here we don't have cold but we have heat.
    Congratulations on the arrival of the goldfinch to remind you that spring is on its way.I loved all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, did you take those photos? If so they are great, if not they are still great. I love Spring and nature and all GODS creatures. Did you see the new movie Earth? It was truly incredible. If not, check it out when you can. You will love it.

    Thanks for the touch of spring photos.

    Love, peace and continued blessings! China

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    I'm so glad that Spring has finally arrived for you Islanders!
    We are a little South of you (LOL!)
    and the leaves are out on our trees and the Azaleas are blooming. Yea!!!


    ~Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty birds! The yellow finch is very pretty and bright!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Don't you just love it when these signs begin to appear, I love to hear the peepers by the pond while sitting on the porch at night, God is so good He sends all of these small blessings our way everyday. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't spring wonderful?! Your photos were amazing of your spring signs on your island! I, too, am always so eager to see and hear the return of the songbirds...especially Jenny and Timmy Wren. Their song just makes me swoon!

    Happy May Day!
    Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

    PS - Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment at Rose Cottage. Your words were such an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by. Love your pink post! I also looked at your Blue Monday post, running behind on those visits. Cute blue post!
    Bless you, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.