Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 21 June 2021

Pretty, Feminine Rose Chintz China

It's the month of June,
the month of leaves and roses,
when pleasant sights salute the eyes
and pleasant scents the noses. ~ Nathaniel Parker Willis


Welcome dear friends, and welcome Summer! I am sharing some Johnson Brothers Rose Chintz today. It is the perfect pattern for Spring and Summer because of its luscious roses and forget-me-nots. 

This pretty pattern tugs at my heart strings every time I look at it. It is a scrumptious bouquet of pink roses, rose buds, and soft blue forget-me-nots on a creamy white background, captured under a glaze, to be preserved forever. 

The teacups and mugs each have a delightful little spray of blue forget-me-nots and a single rosebud inside the cup. It is charming, feminine, and just makes me happy to look at it. It is a pattern which seems to give a romantic nod to by-gone days when manners were still in fashion.



Because it's lilac season, I have some lilacs too.

The Rose Chintz  brings back very fond memories of meals at my auntie's home in New Brunswick. She always set her table with this feminine china, and I thought it so pretty and special when I had any meal there. As a little girl, I took a real fancy to it and longed to have those same dishes when I grew up.

When my auntie down-sized into a condo, she gave me many pieces of her china and when she went into a Home, she gave me the rest of it.

Auntie's set was started as a wedding gift which she added to over the years. I have also added to it myself, as well as my son and several blogger friends. I am so thankful to have it, along with all those lovely memories, and I use it every day. I am still smitten with the pattern after all these years.


A table set beneath our maple tree with the dappled sunlight peeking through, makes for a delightful respite out in the fresh air.


Inside or out, Rose Chintz is sure to make you smile!

What makes you smile today? Thank you for your visit and have a beautiful day, dear friends!


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

14 comments :

  1. I’m smiling at your beautiful China and how much you love it. I’m so happy your dear auntie gave it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty china does deserve to be used doesn't it. I have Old Country roses and it's a real treat to set the table properly. It makes even the simplest meal a little special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cup is so pretty and perfect for a cup of tea. I just got my hibiscus tea in the mail today and that is what I am smiling about today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rose Chintz china is so lovely, and especially because it invokes such pleasant memories for you of your Auntie and the sweet relationship you had with her. That makes it extra special. I am sure it would make your Auntie so happy to know how much you love her sweet gift to you. Your post has made me smile, and also to reflect on things that make me smile here in my own home. I may write about it soon. Thank you for sharing this with us today. Always a pleasant interlude to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always love the Rose Chintz pattern and gifted lots of pieces to our daughter-in-law. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always associate Rose Chintz with you, Sandi! You inspired me to get the rose chintz set (4 tea sets with matching bowls) that I found at a church sale many years ago. I would love to add the teapot!

    Making it to the first day of summer is what I'm smiling about today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think of you when a sip from my Rose Chintz teacup, Sandi! It’s definitely one of my favorites. I also think of my mom’s friend, Aimee, who had that as her everyday pattern. I’m smiling about being outside on my patio and listening to my waterfall and watching the birdies. I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Rose Chintz dishes make me smile, Sandi! They really are a delight for the senses. Our roses begin to bloom as do our peonies, so we're in a bit o' heaven for the moment. Wishing you a beautiful week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pinks and purples together are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sweet post is making me smile, as a much needed reminder to take pleasure in everything around me. Actually I usually try to do just that, enjoying the memories...My everyday dishes are Summer Chintz by Johnson Bro., which I bought here and there when I first moved into my apartment. Like you said, I'm still smitten with the softness and femininity of the pattern after all these years. I hope you have a wonderful summer on PEI.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your china is so very lovely Sandi. I hope you are doing well. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a pretty pattern, I've come across a few pieces over my collecting life. They have always sold very quickly! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Rose Chintz because I have the same!! love it, love it! and I use mine everyday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, I love your Rose Chintz, especially the teapot. And your lilacs. I must look into growing lilac! Your settings are always so beautiful and so beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.