Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 23 November 2020

Welcome to No Place Like Home Party!

HOME is where MEMORIES are made and TRADITIONS are created. ~ unknown


Hello dear ladies, and welcome to my NO PLACE LIKE HOME party! I am a little late getting started because we had an emergency a couple of weeks ago but all is well now and Hubby is recovering nicely. God is so good!!


I know my American friends are busy as beavers getting ready for Thanksgiving but I know that many of you are also decorating for the Holidays.


I have all my trees up but not decorated yet. I'm just getting started really but I do have the ribbon on the main tree in the family room.


Hubby got me this little red truck ornament this year and I'm so happy to have one. I have been on the lookout for a couple of years for one. I think it is adorable! The tree is loaded into the back of the truck and on its way home for a very Merry Christmas for the family.



I love getting a new ornament every year. How about you?


The big tree will be decorated with mainly red and gold, but many of my treasures will be on the tree as well which is why I call my trees, Memory Trees. This is a sneak peek...Big, beautiful red hydrangeas {with a touch of sparkle} and a sparkly gold ribbon is adorning the tree at the moment.



 

From home to home, and from heart to heart, from one place to another, the warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other. ~ Emily Matthews


I am delighted to have you join me today! If you have something to share, simply let me know in a comment and I will add your blog to the list of participants. I am looking forward to all of your shares.


Please share any of the following: Cooking and baking, recipes, antiquing, artwork, ceramics, crafts, crocheting/knitting, quilting/sewing, collections, floral arranging, home decor, homemaking tips, hospitality, refinishing furniture, tea time, tablescapes, thrift shopping etc....Maybe there's a new baby in the family or you have a new fur baby you would like to introduce us to. They are welcome too! Anything and everything which makes your HOME more enjoyable to come HOME to, for your family, your friends, and yourself.


* PS~ I am having trouble linking your posts. The new Blogger interface is making it very difficult. Some links I am having no trouble with and others are very challenging. So, please be patient.


Party Participants -


Kitty


Ellen B


Lorrie


Pamela


Michele


Jocelyn


Margie


Sandi


Sandi


Deanna


Jean


Mrs. T


Thelma


Linda


Amy 


Maristella


Cherie


Debbie


Schotzy




Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

21 comments :

  1. Your hydrangeas on your tree look so pretty, Sandi, and I so love your header. Yes please, add me to your party, and thank you for hosting. Hugs and blessings are sent to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did manage to share something today. Thanks for hosting. So many of our friends are putting up their tree and Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving this year. Love the red pick up truck ornament. It would fit into our new environment in the country. Hope you have a good week. https://happywonderer.com/2020/11/23/no-place-like-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sandi, for hosting. Your tree is going to be beautiful. Here is the link to my post. https://fabricpaperthread.blogspot.com/2020/11/no-place-like-home.html
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://pamelasopenwindow.blogspot.com/2020/11/thanksgiving-thoughts-and-memories.html Here is my link above. Mine is all about Thanksgiving memories, since we are celebrating Thanksgiving this week. I won't start my Christmas decorations until next week. I love your new red truck ornament. What a cute idea, with the tree in the back. I love seeing those designs now. And your Red Hydrangeas are beautiful. What a lovely idea for your Christmas tree. I hope my post will be okay, as it is more about memories, but it also gives ideas for ways to celebrate Thanksgiving. Interestingly, our Christmas celebrations are very similar, just add the Christmas tree and gifts...everything else is pretty much the same...except we might eat ham instead of turkey! Have a blessed week, and thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    Since I'm not a blogger, just a reader, I can't contribute to your party but I do so enjoy everyone's posts. And I always look forward to your pictures, ideas and memories.
    I hope your hubby is getting stronger each day.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Linda. I'm glad you are enjoying it. My hubby is improving every day and we are all so thankful. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi! Thank you for hosting such a lovely party! I am SO thankful your hubs is feeling better. I am smiling that your darling got you a much-wanted red country truck ornament. ♥

    Please add me happily to join in the party, with my apologies for getting here so late.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please add me to the party. So happy you are here to share.
    Jocelyn
    https://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/2020/11/apple-pie-goodie.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I had my shop, I always did a tree totally in flowers and crhistmas balls or birds, maybe a fairy here or there, and I often had Tschaikovsky playing in the background. Red hydrangeas and gold will be gorgeous...! Hugs, and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new red truck ornament is adorable. Looking forward to seeing the fully decorated tree!

    Against all odds, I managed to get some new tea-themed ornaments this year from Hallmark. Normally, I would wait until they go on sale after the holidays, but this year, I snatched them up without hesitation.

    Thanks for hosting. Please include me in the party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Sandi---I'm hoping that blogger gets some of their glitches taken care of...I've lost bunches of the people I want to see---since the upgrade, and no way to re-sign up---! I know I have lost a few to my blog already---I'll be loving the hydrangea and gold Christmas Tree---Have a Happy Thanksgiving,Sandi to Sandi
    https://barbieoldnewgreenredo.blogspot.com/2020/11/getting-ready-for-christmas-at-vickies.html

    https://barbieoldnewgreenredo.blogspot.com/2020/11/trishs-treetime-at-blue-sprinkling-can.html

    https://oldnewgreenredoblog.blogspot.com/2020/11/ad-free-blog-thankful-for-our-small.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my trees up and decorated (mostly). I didn't get out my 'family type' ornaments this year-the ones I collect from year to year. Instead I did a red themed tree in our living room and a sparkly blue one in the upper loft area.
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited to decorate for Christmas! I've shared a favorite pie recipe on my blog that I'd love to share here.
    https://mrsrabe.blogspot.com/2020/11/our-favorite-apple-pie-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post, Sandi, and I am so thankful to hear that your hubby is continuing to do well! Your red truck is so sweet. I have one of those but it is a bit different from yours.

    I managed to put together a post to link up here. Here's the link: http://acrossmytable.blogspot.com/2020/11/no-place-like-harvest-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi.
    I'm happy to hear that your Hubby is feeling better. We never know from day to day what can happen in our lives.
    I will start decorating my trees this weekend. I only have lights on it so far.
    The virus is out of control here. We are in the "Red Zone"here. We cannot leave our district, so we cannot do Christmas shopping and I don't like shopping on line. I am doing mostly baking for gifts. We won't be having visitors for Christmas. Although we have to be thankful for what we have.
    I would like to join your party. I did some Christmas Bark for gifts. athttps://thelmaday.blogspot.com/2020/11/candycane-christmas-bark.html
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely party, Sandi! I'm on my porch talking about closing up the porch for winter. The quirky idea of inviting our decor to morph from one season to the next ... and my favorite red berry wreath and mantle swag.

    http://www.lindastoll.net/2020/11/on-porch-red-berries-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please add me!
    Amykinsblog.Wordpress.com
    “A Day of Small Things”

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi! I am glad your husband is on the mend. I am late,but I would love to join you. Thanks!https://loucaporporcelana.blogspot.com/2020/11/esperando-pelo-natal.html#

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi. Can I invite everyone into my Christmas kitchen.
    https://northyorkshirescraftguru.blogspot.com/2020/11/our-christmas-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi,
    Sorry to hear of your husband's scare but so glad to hear that he is doing well...This is the very first year that I met my goal and have the entire house decorated for Christmas!! Now I can sit back and enjoy and do some crafting...Yes, I would love to link up this post.....https://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/2020/11/vintage-christmas-faux-fire-place-in.html
    Thanks so much for inviting me and thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope it isn’t too late to be added. And I am so pleased that all is well or improving in your home! Christmas has been on my mind for quite a while, my main tree is done, now two more to go!
    Schotzy at On Wings of Eagles : wingingwitheagkes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.