Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 11 April 2020

A Quiet Easter Weekend

Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began

Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders
The world has ever known
Above all wealth
And treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
What You're worth

Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all ~ Michael W. Smith





I love that song! Happy Easter weekend, dear friends! Thank you to everyone who visited me and left such lovely and comforting comments on the passing of my beloved brother. It can be a lonely time when you have lost someone you love and you cannot be with your family or friends. So, I thank you so much for caring enough to pray for me and my family.


I am still grieving for my brother but it is getting better. Life is hard for everyone right now with the self isolating and the covid-19 virus spreading. These are the days, perhaps more than ever, when we should focus on Philippians 4:8, "Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are right, pure, lovely, admirable; if there is any excellence or anything praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things." When we focus on these good things, our spirits are lifted and we are reminded of all the blessings God still pours out upon us. He is in control, and He will look after us!

I have also been fighting a flu that comes and goes so I didn't get any pictures taken for my post but I will share some from an earlier posting.


My tea table is set with a favourite tablecloth and a decadent dessert; banana split cake. 

This adorable bunny was a win from an artist blogger several years ago. I love the roses she painted on the bunny! Thank you, Celeste! The bunny comes out every spring at Easter time.

Royal Albert Lavender Rose is a pattern I started for my mother many years ago when I worked at a jewelry store. I learned about china and many china patterns there. When my mother was through with it, she passed it down to me and I am happy to have it. Over the years she acquired eight place settings, the tea set, cake plates, salt and peppers, as well as other pieces. I don't use it often but the tea set is always sitting out and I am thankful to have all these pieces in my cabinet.
My favourite blush roses from another occasion. 


Hubby didn't get me flowers for Easter this year. No flower shops are open although one can still find some posies at the grocery store. He surprised me with a comfortable pair of sandals instead. A pair of sandals to walk beside him this summer, should we have the freedom to do so! I pray that we do.

Reminds me of the old hymn, "In the Garden" by C. Austin Miles, 1912.

"And He walks with me, 
And He talks with me, 
And He tells me I am His own; 
And the joy we share as we tarry there, 
None other has never known."

Have a beautiful Easter weekend, dear friends. Even though we cannot spend Easter with our families, unless they live with us, we can be thankful for what our Saviour did for us. It is a time to reflect on God's love and His sacrifice. Tomorrow is Sunday when we celebrate His resurrection. Even in the midst of a pandemic, we can still celebrate and be filled with joy! The Lord bless you all and stay safe!



Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

14 comments :

  1. With the first line, "above all powers..." I was singing along. Thant you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    It was good to learn you're feeling better. Your Mother's china is lovely and the bunny is precious. "In the Garden" is one of my favorites. I wish for you and your husband a glorious Easter.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to lose someone you love. May God continue to comfort you in your grief. I sang along as I scrolled. I really like that song, too. The Easter story is always the same but we will celebrate it differently this year. Happy Resurrection Sunday to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very blessed Easter.

    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blessed quiet Resurrection Day. May you soon be completely over this flu bug. As always, a beautiful post. Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter, Sandi - God bless you and keep you safe and healthy.

    Your tea table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post dear lady. I hope you are feeling much better. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that nasty flu bug is gone by now, Sandi. I know that it’s so hard to lose your brother and not be with family.
    I always love the words that you share and the pretty tea pictures. How sweet of your hubby to get you a new pair of sandals for you walks this summer. I hope our world gets back to normal before long. Love and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Easter, Sandi. Lavender Rose was my wedding china. I had 12 place settings and so many serving pieces to go along with it. I gave away a lot of it to my sister-in-law last year, who often has big groups in and also had that set. I kept the teacups and teapot, and 2 dinner plates for hubby and me to enjoy. Oh, and the luncheon plates.
    I hope you are feeling better after your flu. I'm so sorry again about your brother. My daughter lost her mother--in-law recently and it's been so hard for me not to be able to go and visit and comfort the family. Strange times, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the prettiest tea time tables. I'm intrigued by your banana split cake. YUM!

    I also had a quiet Easter weekend. Better days are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did have a blessed Easter. Thankfully we have one son who lives with us and the other son and daughter in law live close and have been in and out frequently, so we felt safe to be together for our Easter dinner. We missed being able to go to church, and we miss our dear church friends and extended family. Praying this will soon send. Praying also that the flu bug that has been bugging you will soon go away and you will have renewed strength and health. Praying for you now. God bless you... and I love that Lavender Rose tea set. Beautiful! And the painted roses on that bunny are exquisite! Thank you for sharing with us. God bless you again...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling a bit better this week. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.