Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Thursday 13 February 2020

A Little Sweetness Before Valentine's Day

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another is essential to your own. ~ Robert A. Heinlein

Hello sweet bloggy friends! I have had a busy week with company and appointments. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I'm not sure what Hubby and I are doing. It is always too crowded to go out to a restaurant so we will probably stay at home and order something in and watch a movie.

What are your plans?

In anticipation of Valentine's Day, I made some cupcakes with pink frosting. I also made tapioca pudding and of course, it had to be pink!



Stacked teacups always bring a smile.

As you can see through the window, we have lots of snow these days. Hubby shovelled all that snow off the deck since I took my photos.





I invited a friend over for coffee and she brought me a sweet little carrot cake baked just for two. Hubby and I will enjoy that tomorrow night. Isn't it cute? I have a very thoughtful friend!

Before I close, I would like to share a little story from my past with you. 

“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.” ― Jodi Picoult

Many years ago, when my hubby and I were newly weds, we had a silly spat. I don't even recall what it was about. Anyway, he left the apartment and when he returned, he gave me this little skunk. As you can see, the inscription says, "Love me in spite of my faults." I've kept it all these years and I smile whenever I look at it. The skunk is pretty cute, just like my wonderful hubby. I am blessed to have someone so dear in my life!
All through our marriage we never allowed a disagreement to fester for very long. It is very important to work things out. Who knows, perhaps a little skunk will bring a smile to your face!


Happy Valentine's Day dear friends! I hope you enjoy your special day, whether it is spent with loved ones or very dear friends.

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

13 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. This is a beautiful blog. Happy Valentine Days to you and your family. I love your curtains and tablecloth. Toile is so elegant. Your teacups are so pretty and those cupcakes look so delicious. You are fortunate to have been together for so many years. That little skunk is so cute and precious.
    Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header is so pretty, Sandi, and so is your pink tea time! Oh how I LOVE tapioca pudding. I could eat it everyday of my life, and never get tired of it. Your cupcakes look yummy, as does your friend's carrot cake. Your little skunk and his message brought a smile to my face. Enjoy your Valentine's Day with your sweet hubby. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look good. I cleaned house today and tomorrow making a special dinner for Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful Valentine's post. Your teacups, cupcakes, flowers, and everything is just so pretty. But I think I love the skunk most of all, and what it stands for! That is so very sweet, and a good reminder for all of us to love one another even with our faults...none of us are perfect after all! Thank you for sharing this with us. I love such sweet stories. Happy Valentine's Day to both of you...whatever you do, just being together is the best of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little story about the skunk. What a beautiful reminder of unconditional love. Your pink goodies look really tasty! Like you, we are staying home and just enjoying a Chinese takeaway and a good film! We don't do crowds! Happy Valentines day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little skunk...a good reminder for all of us on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty tea cups! They are so beautiful! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cake for two is a pretty and thoughtful touch. Love your skunk, cute face.

    Happy Valentine's day!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how that skunk brought back memories. We all had those spats! I have heard people say "we never had an argument in our lives" and it seems impossible to me. Since opposites attract in the first place, I think there will be some spats. Your table looks so beautiful with all the pink things. Those lovely cups and saucers really draw the eye! I so enjoyed your posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous table, and the curtains are the perfect backdrop! I love your stack of tea cups - so pretty. What a darling skunk and a sweet reminder to love each other even when one of us is being a stinker (probably more often me than him - haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    Your pink frosted cupcakes brought up a sweet memory of my Mother making them for a picnic, soooo long ago.. :)
    The teacups and tulips are very pretty, and I'm sure you and your husband enjoyed the little cake. But the skunk and the story are adorable!!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, I just love your little story. The skunk is too cute and it really made me smile this morning. Loving your PINKS! Oh the teacups are so delightful. I hope that you enjoyed your Valentine's Day. We had a quite one dish meal sitting at our breakfast bar for V-Day. Nothing fancy. But, at least we were together. Right ? Hugs and blessings to you dear lady. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.