Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 5 April 2019

Of Bunnies and Family


Spring had come once more to Green Gables - the beautiful, capricious Canadian spring, lingering along through April and May in a succession of sweet, fresh, chilly days, with pink sunsets and miracles of resurrection and growth. ~ L M Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables

Well, here we are in the merry month of April. Are you glad it's April? I certainly am and I look forward to the earth waking up this month. The grass turning green, a few flowers poking up from the ground, and other delightful surprises await us after the long cold winter. I'm not sorry to see winter come to an end. No, not for a moment.

We had a wicked storm overnight on Wednesday into Thursday with hurricane force winds. The wind just about uprooted our bird feeder but Hubby put it back in place when he got home from work. Today, the wind is much calmer and the goldfinches are happily filling their tummies. I love springtime!

Looking out our kitchen window the other day, we noticed the little brook behind our house was running freely. We also saw a little bunny in our neighbour's back yard feasting on something tasty. This was the best shot I could get because he was a distance away but you can see a few brown patches on his white fur. 


Soon he will be completely brown and we will not recognize him when he visits the back yard again. There are a few bunny rabbits around. The next day he was in our back yard but our next door neighbour's dog started barking and scared our little bunny away. Thankfully, the bunny has been back several times so he braved the barking of the dog. I am so glad we live on the outskirts of the city where we are only five minutes from the shops but nature abounds in our neighbourhood.

I don't share a lot about my family but March brought some wonderful surprises our way.

Two of my grandchildren won medals in their competitions. Zachary won a gold medal in Jiu Jitsu. He is the little guy in the middle.
His little sister Jenna-Lynn won silver with her team in gymnastics/cheer leading. She is the little girl on the far left holding hands with the girl at the top.
These little sprigs are my middle son's children. I love how family traits are carried from one generation to another. 

My thirteen year old grandson drew this picture the other day. He also plays football.

My youngest son just bought his first home and he's pretty excited! 
He left home at eighteen to follow his dream of becoming a Math professor. He began his formal education in Alberta, far from home. After that he went to U of T and then his post doc took him to the US. Last year he achieved his goal by becoming Assistant Professor. He and his little family will be moving into their first home as soon as it is completed. My son has worked very hard for this and we are thrilled for him! He also has a birthday coming up next week; Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

Our oldest boy, who has been suffering with that bad concussion, went out to the beach to take a walk on Sunday. It was the first warm stretch of weather we've had although I dare say it wasn't overly warm out on the North Shore. He came across this lovely piece of driftwood on his walk. 


He is coming along but he's still experiencing some rather unpleasant issues. Unfortunately, he will go back to work next week because his benefits have not kicked in yet and he has a family to care for. 

Other things may change us but we start and end with Family. Family is everything! ~ unknown

My beloved auntie had her picture taken last week by my cousin. Doesn't she look lovely! I'm hoping to visit my auntie this summer. We live in  different provinces so I don't see her as often as I like. Miss you, Auntie P!

Before I go, I will pour some tea. I made a cottage pudding yesterday with a nice warm sauce over it. One of my bunnies is joining me. Would you care to join me too?
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. ~ Roald Dahl


Sharing from my heart ~
Sandi

15 comments :

  1. Such a lovely spring post, Sandi, congratulations to your family's achievements,all seem so talented. How proud you must be!
    I agree with the quote, family is everything!
    Happy Springtime to you.
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that white bunny! I've never seen a wild white bunny! Ours are all brown! That was amazing! I guess that is one of God's ways of protecting them in the wintertime up north...I hope he will be safe and happy. Loved learning all about your wonderful children/grandchildren! The one that struck me most was the 13 yr. old artist! He has real talent!! Your son's new home looks fantastic! I know they will enjoy it! So happy your son is recovering from his fall, but sorry that he still has "issues" and has to go back to work already. Praying for him to fully recover soon. That driftwood is beautiful...is he going to make something with it? Also wondering what kind of sauce you put on your cottage pudding. My mother always made a nutmeg sauce, which was so good. I haven't had that in years. Maybe I will make some soon. Also, I was wondering if you saw my post a few days ago about "Pamela's Victorian Cottage has a special Guest..." It was all about Anne of Green Gables...and I think you'd enjoy it. I thought of you as I was writing it. It was written in the middle of last week. I am currently re-reading those books, and enjoying them so much. Would love to come visit PEI someday!!! Have a blessed day, dear friend, and enjoy your springtime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. If you use "search this blog" on my sidebar for Vanilla sauce/Brown sugar sauce, it will take you to the post where I shared the recipe. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful post about your family. That drawing is amazing. Such talent and you are very proud of the little ones as well as your little ones who aren't so little anymore. Love the driftwood your son saw.

    YES, family is everything

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your grandkids on their awards and your son on his new home!

    I'd love to join your pretty tea time. Have a good weekend, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So enjoyed your post today about your life on PEI. That storm sounded horrific! I also enjoyed the comment you wrote on my “Cher” post. Your answers were terrific. But regarding the bridge compared to the ferry. Um.. I think I’d opt for the ferry over an 8 mile bridge.. I unlike you , am not fond of bridges. But I’d forego the whole think in choppy waters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your grandchildren's achievements. That's a beautiful picture that your Grandson drew. A nice Winter scene. Your youngest son has a nice home. The same colour and nearly the same style as my son in Burnaby, B.C. That's quite a piece of driftwood. It would look nice with flowers. We are still getting snow here. I'm sick of Winter. Take care, Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post. Congratulations to your grandchildren for their achievements. I love the piece of driftwood your son came across. Hope he fully heals from his concussion soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I never see little bunnies around here anymore....they are just so cute! Congratulations to our grands for winning those awards and to your son for the new home! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sandi ..This was such a heart felt post. Congratulations your sons and grandchildrens' achievements ... A new house is pretty special. ... We are so blessed to have our loving family ...
    Your grandson's drawing is a beautiful keepsake. He's very talented. ... I do like to encourage art work in the young, as it is a wonderful way to express yourself in later years ... I do understand the worry about your oldest son as my youngest, is also experiencing a continuous illness. Your baby is always your baby and you just want to fix them, don't you !!! ... so I'm sending healing prayers your way ... The weather here in the East has been so unpredicable this year, however , I'm sure that Spring is just aroound the corner... Maybe that sweet white rabbit is a good luck sign... It's so joyous to see bunnies hopping around, however they're very scarce in our area due to the amount of wild cats...Thank You for sharing all the pictures ....Your Auntie looks to be dressed in her Sunday Best smiling so sweetly ...I'm sure that she's delighted to be in your thoughts today sharing a blogtime tea with you. Have a Happy Week, Sweet Lady... xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post about your family dear Sandi. Family just melts my old heart. Oh that rabbit is so adorable. We have wild ones too but not sure I have ever seen one that big running wild. Hugs and blessings to you dear lady.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful for your grands, Sandi! I know you are a proud grandma. The drawing is so beautiful! Congratulations to your son youngest son. What an achievement!! Your oldest son is still in my prayers. Yes, Auntie P is so beautiful. She is a perfect example of your final quote. May you have a lovely week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to hear from you Sandi! I miss our tea parties. May the Lord bless and keep you and your family. Thanks for stopping by!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi,
    How wonderful it was to see your grandchildren and children!! Certainly a family that you should be very proud of!! Congrats on your grandchildren's accomplishments and on your son's new house... We have finally been getting some warmer temps. and Joe has been able to do a bit of yard work, under my supervision.... But the temps. are supposed to plummet by week's end... I hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!!
    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post----we have a lively bird feeder, and early in the morning a bunny, 2-3 squirrels, some doves and lots of sparrows are busy on the ground together cleaning up the thrown-about birdseed. Amazing they can all get along on our 8x8 bird feeder patio. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.