Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 17 April 2019

A Look Back At Some Easter Tables

At Easter time the flowers bloom
The skies are bright and blue
The world's as joyous as can be

So is my thought of you. ~ Author unknown


Hello dear friends and Happy Easter

I have been blogging for a long time; ten and a half years, actually. During that time, I have hosted many tea parties. These are a few of the settings from over those years. I hope you enjoy.

My beloved Rose Chintz coffee pot from my Auntie P.  I have several cloches too and under this one is a bunny and a bird's nest my son found for me years ago.

This one is from last year when I used the darling bunny and basket I had won from an artist friend, Celeste, who lives in Texas. Just a wee peek at my favourite table cloth from my friend Bernideen. The pretty dessert is a recipe another aunt gave me; Banana Split Cake. Most of my recipes you can find on my sidebar under Search This Blog.

My aunt and uncle had sent me those little chicks so I used them in this setting.

This yummy dessert is Sudden Pudding/Baked Caramel Pudding. I am using a Royal Albert teapot and teacup.

Yellow tulips, a hydrangea wreath I made, home made coconut cake, and different makers of china are joined by some bunnies for this one.

Three mini cakes; two adorned with Easter eggs and a third with a carnation from a bouquet.

While we're at it, why not enjoy a tea sandwich too? These are chicken salad on white bread and peach chutney on cream cheese, whole wheat bread rounds. 


It's not the tea that makes teatime special, it's the spirit of the tea party. ~ Emilie Barnes, "If Teacups Could Talk."

My final setting, some lovely pink and yellow tulips are the centrepiece for this table.

I miss my virtual Tea Time Tuesday parties and No Place Like Home parties. I stopped mine for health reasons as many of you know. Have you noticed how few Tea/Home parties there are now? It's rather sad! 



Moving on...
What does Easter mean to you? As a little girl, Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail was really what I cared about. Of course my parents indulged my brother and me with pretty Easter baskets filled with chocolate, marshmallow and coloured eggs. We were never disappointed. But as time went by, Easter took on a whole new meaning!

I still enjoy the lovely pastel colours of Easter, the bunnies and chicks. Obviously, I enjoy decorating with them too. However, Easter is really a celebration of a more serious nature.

Easter
is akin to Christmas... The celebration began in remembrance of our Saviour and Lord Jesus. At Christmastime, we celebrate His coming as a Babe in the stable so long ago.  At Easter time, we celebrate His death and resurrection. Because He lives!....and the good news is, He's coming again!


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16

I wish you all a lovely and Happy Easter during this holy week. May the Lord bless you and your loved ones!


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

14 comments :

  1. Tudo lindo.
    As xícaras com o ninho dentro ficou uma fofura.
    Boa Páscoa!!
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your pretty Easter tables from the past. Happy Easter Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Rose Chintz china is so pretty. Your tables are always so inviting. Have a Happy Easter to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the pretty tables. Those cupcakes with the little eggs on them.....ADORABLE! Happy Resurrection Day to you dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandi:
    Every photo here is so lovely, reflects a lot of work and SUGAR!!! I love it and the teatime treats all are wonderful! I miss all the tea bloggers too and in fact so many bloggers have stopped. I think Facebook and Instagram are so much easier that works for busy lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I so enjoyed these beautiful photos. Glad you included a plate of tea sandwiches for me (I'm all about the sandwiches at afternoon tea!). You said, "Have you noticed how few Tea/Home parties there are now?" Are there any at all? Do let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Sandi! Your tea tables are so pretty...Yes, there are not many tea parties that bloggers are doing any more. For years, I was just a looker at other's blogs, but then started my own a few years ago. It was when most people were turning away from blogging, unfortunately, and I did not keep up with my own. It is still there, but languishing from neglect (lol). I do find Instagram easier for sharing images, and Facebook has always been great for keeping in touch with my family and joining various groups. But there was once something pretty special about blogs! Maybe that will be discovered and others will bring it back again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun to see your old posts. Much has changed in blogland. It makes me sad but can't change how things are different. I enjoy seeing pieces from family. Holding those memories close is important.

    Happy Easter

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easter is such a meaningful remembrance for me, too. I find that blogging is lessening for many writers, including myself. There just isn't the same feeling about it. But I do enjoy sitting down and reading others' blogs. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed going down memory lane with you, Sandi, and seeing some of your pretty Easter themed teas. Yes, Easter is such a joyful celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection and HOPE for us who believe.
    I do miss the tea parties so very much! I hope you and your hubby had a blessed Easter. May you have a wonderful week...xo
    p.s. I thought of you when I read The Blue Castle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi,
    I hope you had a wonderful Easter!! What a lovely post filled with so much eye candy!!! All so pretty!! I painted the inside of the milk bottles. I just did a post about it if you are interested.. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie



    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.