Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 9 July 2018

Peonies and Roses

I question not if thrushes sing,
If roses load the air;
Beyond my heart I need not reach
When all is summer there. ~ John Vance Cheney- Victoria magazine 

Hello dear friends! We are having the loveliest weather right now. What do you love about summertime? One of the many things I love about Summer is the flowers.

The other day Hubby and I went out for breakfast at our favourite spot; The Prince Edward Island Preserve Company. 

This photo was taken last summer when the hydrangeas were out. 
We had a wonderful breakfast of blueberry pancakes, sauteed potatoes, bacon, and scrambled eggs with cheese and chives. Coffee too. Lots of calories but oh so yum!

Through the windows guests are entertained by the hummingbirds at the feeders and the River Clyde with the gardens beyond.

After our lovely breakfast, we strolled through the gardens. Gorgeous peonies, roses, and shrubbery greeted us.

If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. ~ Frances Hodgson Burnett -"The Secret Garden"

Here are some of the beauties we enjoyed -



I especially loved this one. It was like a big rose and isn't that the most scrumptious colour?

Another all by itself planted among the hosta.



Lavender with the river behind.



Not sure what this bush is but it's so pretty! Roses are snugged up beside it.





All of these photos were taken with Hubby's phone. I am amazed at the clarity of the pictures.
I have a good camera and his phone often takes better photos than my camera.




They had a small garden of pansies planted in oversized teacups with a teapot in the middle. Isn't it cute? The garden was edged with Island sandstone. 



Back home...
It's the month of July and my world smells like roses! I have had the windows open for days because of the heat and in wafts the exquisite fragrance of roses. My rose bushes are just beyond the windows off to the side so I can smell them. It is so intoxicating! 



Of course they are pink roses!

"After all, the only real roses are pink ones. They are the flowers of love and faith."- Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables.

I have set out a simple little tea and I'm using some of my roses as well as some rose inspired teacups. Won't you join me?


I baked chocolate chip muffins while Hubby was at work. I have to tell you, it is so satisfying to be able to bake again. Only those of you who do bake will understand the sense of accomplishment it brings when you can take a recipe and bake something wonderful for your family. 

I love this Aynsley teacup with full blown blooms on it!

I also love this Old English Rose by Royal Albert. I always drink my tea black. How about you?

I actually have three teacups in this pattern which you have seen before so I won't share them today.


Well, that's it for this week. I'm so happy you have stopped by for a visit. I hope my post brought a smile. Please come again because I sure enjoy your company. 

Your smile is the front porch of your heart. Everyone benefits from smiling. Did you know that smiling actually releases endorphins that make you feel better? And it blesses the person you're smiling at too. ~ unknown 


I am joining the following parties as well~

 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Home Sweet Home


 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

15 comments :

  1. Oh Sandi, I was smiling thinking of you and your hubby enjoying a wonderful breakfast together at your favorite restaurant. Yes, the breakfast sounded wonderful, and the outdoor beauty was delightful! Wasn't that planted teapot so cute? Your tea at home with homemade muffins was so pretty. I'm so happy that you can enjoy baking again. Like you, baking is so satisfying to me. I loved the quote at the end of your post about smiling. Isn't that the truth? A smile is so simple but so important. I hope you have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I LOVE your posts. Encouraging and life affirming! What a beautiful garden, and your tea cups! Gorgeous! I love my tea black, though sometimes I do a smidge of milk.

    Enjoy your beautiful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!!Adorable flowers and gorgeous china!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty flowers. Naturally, my favourite is the tea-themed pansy garden! Your hubby's camera phone is amazing! I think I have shaky hands because whenever I snap a photo on a camera phone, it usually ends up blurry.

    I'm also admiring the beautiful roses on your teacups. I usually drink my tea black, but will add milk to some black teas like Earl Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flowers, all the lovely shades of pink, and that teapot planter, would love that for my garden, what a lovely day you had....sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful post filled with so many pretty flowers. July here in NJ unfortunately is extremely humid. Hard enjoy outdoors with the very steamy weather.

    I totally agree with baking. I love it too and it's rewarding

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. its so nice to meet you,, first time here,, your photos are amazing and I love the sound of a world smelling of roses,, your header is lovely and I will enjoy following along on your blogging adventure,

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, Sandi. What a wonderful place to eat and then be able to see gardens like that. You have some great photos here...much better than any I have ever taken.

    We have been SO hot and humid this summer that we have spent very little time outside.

    I hope you have a great Wednesday-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I'm smitten. I couldn't pick a favourite photo if my life depended upon it -- they are exquisite. Like you, the flowers have to be a top favourite of summer days.

    Hugs,
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Pink is one of my favorite colors! Living in a crazy world is nice to stop by and see peaceful things like you offer here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely garden of peonies and roses and so many other beauties...I can almost smell the fragrance all the way down here in Florida...(I wish). We don't have peonies here, and I so love them... Your tea cups are perfect in every way...very summery and delightful. Thank you for inviting us to share this tea time with you. It was scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, thank you for the tour! All the photos are gorgeous, but that one right below "All of these photos were taken with Hubby's phone" should be printed up as postcards! They would sell like hotcakes, as the saying goes in certain parts of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi, I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful roses and your pretty teacups. I have one rose bush that is doing really well and blooming like crazy right now. Aren't we having some great summer weather right now? I hope it continues although we do need some rain. Take care and enjoy the summer. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that teacup by RA. I have all pink roses too. I love the combo of roses with anything especially peonies! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.