Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 19 March 2018

Welcome Spring!!

March
The month of cold mornings and warm afternoons
when the Fairies weave rugs with flowers
adorning the meadows and roadsides with color...
Edith Holden

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and I'm doing the happy dance! Although winter was a fairly good one on the Island this year, I'm glad the snow and ice will soon be behind us once again. Patches of grass are more visible and there is little snow around.

We looked out the back window this morning and the goldfinches were very busy at the feeder. Every perch had a birdie happily sitting on it, filling their beaks with sunflower seeds while below, the ground was covered with many more. What a happy sight! 


Pink Carnations just naturally look so pretty and make me feel good so they are gracing the table today. I have them in a vintage pink tumbler that is very delicate.



They are one of my favourite flowers. Love their spicy scent!

I brought out a teapot I haven't used in a while. 



Pink peonies adorn this pretty pot I found at the Anne of Green Gables Store a few years ago. The teapot has the marker Royal Elfreda on it.

The cup and saucer is Chantilly Lace made by Skye McGhie and the vintage plate underneath is made by Johnson Brothers.



The amber liquid being poured into the cup is Chai; a favourite tea.



Tea purifies spirit, removes anxiety and nervousness, brings ease and comfort, and is conducive to meditation.~ Author unknown




Although it's beautifully sunny outside, it is quite cold so while Hubby is at the gym, I'm sitting here with my cuppa and last year's Victoria Bliss TeaTime magazine. It is possibly my quietest day of the week as the next two weeks are filled with appointments.


This little bunny will be joining us next week so I hope you will stop by and say hello! Take care everyone and God bless you!

As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common, everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful.

They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -
just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breathe it;
just the warmth and shelter and home folks; 
just plain food that gives us strength;
the bright sunshine on a cold day, and a cool breeze when the day is warm. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder



I am sharing this post with these parties:

Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Friends Sharing Tea
Share Your Cup


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

21 comments :

  1. I love the delicate pinks. They are perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts of springtime. Love the peony tea pot. I love peonies, but they don't grow in Florida, so I miss seeing them. Your table setting is lovely, and I can't wait to see more of that cute little bunny. Which reminds me, I need to get out my Easter bunnies and do some decorating before it is too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dainty tea time is the perfect way to welcome spring! It's always nice to bring out teawares that haven't been used in a while. I love the shot of the teapot pouring tea into the cup. The other day, I noticed some green sprouting out of the ground. Happy First Week of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything!! Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiments you expressed. And the pretty tea things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable post as ever...Dainty pinks,dainty and heartfelt words...Gorgeous china and beautiful flowers.Cute,so cute bunny!Love the embroidery tablecloth too.Everything is inspiring here...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful pink tea time, Sandi, filled with beautiful flowers, teapot, plate, and tablecloth. Your gorgeous teacup looks so pretty with all of it. Wish I could join you for a cuppa Chai tea, and a look at the goldfinches out your window. Happy Spring, dear one.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Teatime post Sandi! Such pretty pinks! I must say that your Chantilly Lace teacup and saucer look absolutely gorgeous on the pink plate! How nice it must be to go to the Anne Store anytime you want!
    Wishing you a Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandi..Your posts are always so pretty... The peony teapot and Chantilly Lace teacup look so beautiful together and you do pour the most elegant cup of tea. I’d love to join you and enjoy those gold finches ....Thanks for sharing ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Spring to you . Lovely post and photos . I love your tea pots and tea cups you share with us . I to love the pink Carnation and Peonies I have 3 large plants of them in my gardens and they smell wonderful . Thanks for sharing have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola mi querida Sandi. Una entradita de lo mΓ‘s encantadora. Son una preciosidad la tetera , asΓ­ como la taza y plato ,me encantan . Se ve deliciosa esa taza de te πŸ˜›πŸ˜›. Una forma exquisita de servirlo. Ha de ser todo un encanto, que haya una tienda que se llama " Ana de las tejas verdes "😍😍.Muchos besitos mi querida hermanita, Dios te bendiga a ti y los tuyos πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸŒ·πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sandi, I love the pinks. The teapot is beautiful and oh I adore that teacup and saucer! I have never seen one like that. So pretty. I couldn't help but smile at Laura's quote! SO TRUE MY FRIEND! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sandi:
    I love the title of your post. I feel much the same way as I look around at others. I have been enjoying taking food to an across the street neighbor who just had her hip replaced for the 2nd timeand now is in rehab. Faulty medical parts the 1st time it seems. I think of her and many others I am so thankful. If we think sadly about something we just have to look around. A little girl here age 10 just died of cancer and people are really grieving but glad to know she will suffer no more and is with the Lord.
    Your peony teapot is really beautiful and reminds us of times ahead. There on your Island you have so many beautiful flowers and wildflowers to look forward too - not to mention those lovely beaches and shorelines all the way around!
    thanks for sharing and linking today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tea table you've set, Sandi! Perfect for spring. Glad you enjoyed your quiet day. I always appreciate your quotes, and this one from LIW is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi...spring was here for 2 days and now gone again! Lol! That's spring for you. Carnations are my favorite flowers...I acan't handle any flowers in the house with my allergies, so I love to see the pretty bouquets others post. Love your pretty teapot, and we certainly need quiet days of reflection...little oasises (sp?) is that a word? Anyway, have a lovely and springy week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my I want those pretty pink dishes soooooo bad! Even though its Spring the weather is not acting like it. I have heard a Robin outside so that's a good sign. We're expected to get 6" of snow tomorrow night...ugh! But I know Spring weather is soon to come. Love your teapot and the bunny is quite adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your peonies teapot is so pretty and sweet, I have one small bush and love it when it blooms
    It's so fun always seeing what pretty dishes you show

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love pink, it's gentle and delicate. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, that Peony teapot is gorgeous! I was doing spring clean up in the garden today and it's always a delight to see my Peonies coming up. One of my favorite flowers. I too enjoy the little things and quiet times in life. The world is so full of business! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.