Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 12 February 2018

A Little Blue for Valentine's Day

Love is a language spoken by everyone but understood only by the heart. ~ Author unknown


Welcome to my cottage, dear friends!
These beautiful tulips are gracing my table right now. Aren't they pretty?

Valentine's Day is just a couple of days away and it is the perfect time to decorate a tea table for the occasion. Alas, all of my valentine items are packed away so I had to make do with my little girl ornament wearing her red hat; a gift from my son and daughter-in-law. She's admiring the tulips. 



A Christmas ornament which is still hanging on our four foot tree in the family room is perfect. This ornament was a gift from a blogger friend and I think it's so sweet snugged up to the jug of tulips. It has a red snowflake stitched on both sides. 



I did manage a heart shaped paper doily on the plate.



I have been using a lot of red and pink china lately so I decided to use my blue today. Now that I think about it, I should have incorporated my heart teacup and saucer. I forgot so many things in this post.



Come and share a pot of tea. There's just enough for you and me. And if by chance we drink it up, we'll make ourselves another cup. ~ unknown


My Churchill Blue Willow teapot holds the tea. 
The Johnson Bros. Devon Cottage plate serves up two pieces of cheesecake; triple chocolate and strawberry swirl.

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles M. Schulz

I always make my own cheesecake but I am unable to do any baking at the moment so I will have to make do with bakery goods.


I thought a mix of blues would be nice. The cup to the left is Royal Homes of Britain made by Enoch Wedgwood and the other is Blue Willow by Churchill.

I see I forgot the napkins and spoons. I also forgot the chocolate hearts. *sigh* Oh well, you get the look I'm going for, I'm sure.

Love seems to be something that keeps filling up within us. The more we give away, the more we have to give. ~ Mr. Rogers


Do you have plans on Valentine's Day? We have Bible Study that night so we will celebrate another evening. Our group normally has a Valentine's pot luck meal but we've only had one study since the first of January due to snow storms. A meal we can do another time. 


Another shot of these lovely tulips.

I brought out my SnowBabies for the winter. The majority of these little ornaments represent family members. I think they're so cute!



Have a lovely day celebrating with your valentines. Whether your valentines are big or small, they're all precious to us. And remember the One who first loved us and gave Himself as a ransom for us. His love is the best love of all!




I am joining the following parties as well~

 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Home Sweet Home


Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

18 comments :

  1. Just lovely, as always, Sandi! I love the Johnson Brothers plates and that felt heart ornament is just so sweet. I think I need to try making some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the felt heart too! Tulips are always such a treat
    this time of the year.

    Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day with your hubby.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sandi:
    Lovely red tulips and they looks so pretty next to the Blue Willow. I love your red toile curtains in your kitchen too! I know winter can be a challenge but it looks like the tulips will remind us spring is on the way! Happy Valentines Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful teapot and wonderful tulips!The little girl figurine is just adorable!Hugs,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy. I love that Blue Willow teapot and the little felt heart is so pretty . A nice collection of Snow Babies on your mantle. A lovely post. John 3:16, spells Valentine. I just realized that.
    Wishing you good health at this time. Thelma..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tulips are beautiful! I'm also admiring your sweet Snowbabies display and pretty blue and white transferwares. Tomorrow, we're having a a tea social to celebrate V-Day. Happy Valentine's Day, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi...blue and white is always perfect, and Valentine's ay is all about sharing the love we

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely. Besides the tuplils the red heart is my favorite too! Your snowbabies are precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought of using that red heart for Valentine's Day. It is so pretty. Love the blue and white teapot and plates. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a happy post... with the tulips and cute little red girls... She made me smile... Your heart cup is so lovely too... I’d love to sit by your fireplace with those rollicking snow babies ... They’re full of mischief...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should've done a blue tea for Valentine's Day, Sandi, as I'm feeling a little blue right now. Your tea is so pretty, and I love the heart, and the little girl. Cheesecake for you and your sweetie makes for a lovely treat. The snow babies that represent family members makes for such a pretty mantle display. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola mi querida hermanita, unas imágenes de lo más encantadoras. Los tulipanes estan preciosos. Me encanta las cortinas de toile de jouy , los bebés , la niña con sombrero rojo. Y por supuestisimo la vajilla es un encanto, así como los trozos de tarta ,ummm, me encanta el de sabor a queso 😛😛. Si mi querida hermanita , el amor de Dios,sobrepasa a cualquier amor de aquí en la tierra . Que disfrutes este día de los enamorados ,llevando ese estudio de la Biblia. Muchos besitos preciosa hermanita, Dios te bendiga a ti y tu linda family 😘😘🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly happy Valentine tea table to celebrate the day. Your mix of blue and white transferware is lovely. The tulips 🌷 are stunning and speak of love ❤️ to all during your celebration.
    Happy Valentines,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi, I always enjoy seeing your collections. The blue dish is so pretty. The little girl piece in the beginning is too cute. Reminds of what a kid would do. Enjoy Valentines.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your eternal Valentine from John 3:16. I saw that somewhere else today and was so impressed with it...so glad to see it again! I love your blue dishes and all of your Valentine delights. It all seems perfect to me...thank you for sharing it with us. I hope your Valentine's celebration will be wonderful no matter when you do it!! Blessings to you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi, I'm sorry you're not able to do any baking at the moment, but there are some wonderful shop-bought cheesecakes. Strawberry swirl for me, please! And may I use the Royal Homes teacup?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely Valentine's Day post, Sandi. Loved all the photos and recognized a certain red and white heart (wink) you displayed.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovey cake and dishes. Such a sweet post for Valentine's Day. The tulips are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.