Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 17 July 2017

A Charming Tea Time

Hello my lovely friends! I hope you are all enjoying your summer. We are having such beautiful weather these days. I'm so grateful for sunny days and birdsong in the trees behind our home. Some days it just feels like paradise outside my window.

There is a smiling summer here, which causes the birds to sing, and sets the bees in motion. ~ Emily Dickinson 1858



While I was in between surgeries, my dear friend Bernideen who blogs at Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden, sent me a lovely gift package. She thought I could use a treat and she was so right!

There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others. ~ Mandy Hale

She sent me a number of things and I was so excited when I opened her package and saw all the goodies, I felt like it was Christmas! The lovely item I want to share with you today is this charming, old-fashioned tablecloth that she fashioned herself. I made a collage of some of the work that is featured on it. The pink posies in the upper left corner remind me of the intoxicating pink wild roses that grow along our banks by the seashore.


I think this tablecloth is just darling with its lace, needle work, and doilies sewn on. I have long admired her tablecloths and she blessed me with this one. I just love it and I will always treasure it. Thank you, Bernideen!

Now, to have such a pretty tablecloth on the table one has to have pretty china too.



It has been warm and breezey here lately but I had my hubby help me set up my tea table out on the deck. It was a quick photo shoot because of the wind. I like the juxtaposition between the weathered wood of the deck and the fine china. 

The very sight of a teapot puts a smile on the face of most people. One cannot help but think of more serene and genteel times. ~ Barbara Roberts


Royal Albert - New Country Roses

No easy feat with the wind and alas, my pink depression glass looks orange in the photos!


Aynsley


I love roses, whether they are growing wild, lovingly cultivated, arranged in a vase, or captured forever under a glaze on pretty china.

"After all, the only real roses are pink ones. They are the flowers of love and faith." ~ Anne of Green Gables




Royal Albert - Lady Carlyle

My tea is one that my sweet friend Deborah, who blogs at the Beautiful Matters, sent me. Victorian Rose tea is packaged by Eastern Shore Company and it was in a lovely package that she had sent me and the tea was tied up with a sweet pink ribbon. I can't wait to try it because it was packaged so prettily. 



Somehow presentation means everything when you're hoping to bless someone with a little something special. Thank you Deborah!

Walk as if you were kissing the earth with your feet. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh { a quote from a lovely little book of quotes that Deborah also included}



This week Hubby started his holidays and most of my family will be home in a couple of weeks so I feel it is a good time to come away from the computer and just enjoy this time with my loved ones. I have had a rather difficult year as most of you know so I am taking a break from blogging until about mid August.

I am going to end my post with a picture taken by one of our Island photographers; Paul Baglole. This is a beautiful sunset at Thunder Cove Beach. Isn't this just amazing?



Thank you for joining me for tea today and have a fabulous summer. God bless you, dear friends! I'll be back soon.

There is Beauty to be found in every Moment. ~ unknown



I am joining the following parties as well~

Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Tea in the Garden
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home

 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

30 comments :

  1. Dear Sandi,

    Ihave been away from blogdom for quite a while myself - so I am just now finding out about your surgeries - more than one???? Oh I am so sorry - I hope you are recouperating well. I am going to start my prayers for you right after posting this note. God bless.

    PS - your tea time, and your thoughtful gifts warm my heart and soul, and I know it did for you, too. Take care, sweet lady. See you soon. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind has affected having tea outside in Ontario too Sandi, not to mention so much rain this spring and summer as well.
    A lovely tea vignette on your deck, roses from your sweet hubby no doubt and the tea from Deborah does sound delicious.
    Enjoy your blog break - can't say I miss blogging but do come and visit some of the sisters now and then. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Sandi! The tablecloth from Bernideen is lovely ... perfect for a tea lover. Beautiful china and depression glass. I think Lady Carlyle is one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy your time with family. Happy Tea Day and Good Health to You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi...it is so nice to have you back to sharing with us...and I am giving the Glory to Him! What a lovely tablecover! Perfect smile-giver! We have had wind problems here too...hence my being out of commission with allergies last week. I love your teapot and teacups! So...you! Thanks so mucch for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning post!Love your sweet roses,the gorgeous tea cups(oh my!!!),the beautiful teapot and the lovely tablecloth!So pretty!Love the beautiful sunset too!Have a great week!Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sandi, I hope you are recovering well. Bernideen is a friend indeed as is Deborah to send you something called Victorian Tea! Thinking of you. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sandi:
    I am joining everyone else is saying "so glad you are better and have all that behind you"! I am also glad you enjoyed your little gifts. It was certainly time! A special treat helps us "get through" sometimes! And mostly just knowing people do care and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The generosity of blogging friends never ceases to amaze me. Bernideen's tablecloth is perfect for your pretty tea time setting and Deborah's Victorian Rose tea sounds intriguing. I'm glad to hear that your recovery continues to go well. Enjoy your blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi, I have been following you for some time and have not ever left a comment and I do not have a blog but you are so sweet and I want you to know that you have been in my prayers and so happy to hear that you are doing well. Take care sweet lady and enjoy your time with family and break from blogging. Oh yes, the sunset is stunning. Sure would love to come up your way someday. We do not travel much due to some health problems but through your postings I am able to see some of Prince Edward Island and surrounding area. Sandy Bertand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sandy,
      What a lovely comment and thank you for stopping by for a visit. I do not travel much either because of health issues so I sympathize with you. I am so happy you can do a little traveling through my photos. PEI really is a delightful place especially in the summertime. Enjoy your summer too and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Take care!

      Blessings,
      Sandi

      Delete
  10. Dear Sandi, your tea table is pretty as a picture. Bernideen is a sweet friend to send one of her tablecloths. I hope that you are healing well, and will enjoy this time with family.
    Enjoy the break from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved seeing tour beautiful tablecloth from our friend, Bernideen. I always admire her creations, too. Your tea looks so pretty on your deck, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your tea from Deborah.
    I recently watched the new version of Anne with an E, and thought of you, sweet friend.
    Enjoy your blogging break, as you certainly deserve it. I'll continue to pray for your health, Sandi.
    Love and blessings, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Sandi! Your new table cloth is beautiful! What a sweet gift! I am glad you are enjoying your Summer! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey lady, glad to see your post today. Loving your tablecloth and of course I love your tea party! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, your tea table looks so pretty. I am glad you are feeling better and will be enjoying the summer and time with your family. You certainly have a beautiful place to spend it in. That tablecloth is gorgeous. So much time and heart has gone into it. Bernideen is a sweet and generous friend..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi, Roses are so wonderful. Your table looks lovely with that wonderful tablecloth you received as a gift. Have a great break! Enjoy. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi, what a lovely post to kick off your blogging break! You will be missed. I hope you'll pop in at Delightful Repast for my tea review and giveaway - at last a giveaway that is open to readers from Canada, UK and Europe as well as the US. PEI looks like a place I must see one day. Keep feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post with sunshine, what is that...? LOL, from soggy Chicagoland. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely gifts from Bernideen and Deborah, and your tea looks so inviting out on the deck! Prayers for your continued recovery, Sandi. It's so nice to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you're feeling better Sandi. And knowing He's in your corner, right there, through the surgeries, guiding the surgeons, is the most comforting. I am so grateful for Him. Sending tons of hugs and prayers. Enjoy the beauty of the season in PEI. And each day, feel stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweet gifts from kind friends. Always a treat. Your Lady Carlyle is quite special, isn't she? Hoping you are taking care of yourself and getting plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi, I hope you are recovering well! The tablecloth is gorgeous. Bernideen is truly a sweetheart! I knew your cake plates was a beautiful pink depression glass one. Everything is lovely! Enjoy your break. You will be missed. I have received some news that I will be dealing with for a while as well. Hoping I don't have to take a break, but I'll see how it goes. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad you are recovering nicely with gifts too, that is always fun! This is a beautiful tea! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all your sweet gifts from Bernideen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello dear friend! I've been away so long. Ive been getting my blog back running this year. I read that you're between surgeries - I will surely keep you in my prayers. Dearest is much better now and I am no longer involved in the Board I was chairperson of. Now I'm getting back to blogging and will be back more visiting! I hope you enjoy your time with your family! Blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi!I hope you are well...Have a lovely week!Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely post Sandi.. how I have missed my visits with everyone seeing all their pretty tea things. I hope your having a wonderful time with you family. Happy August with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so very late visiting your tea party, Sandi! It has been a very busy summer here, a beautiful one for the most part. I'm thankful to hear that you had family visiting you after such a difficult time with all the surgeries you had. What a sweet friend Bernideen is... that tablecloth is so precious, all her handiwork is lovely! I loved your tea setting outside, and the gorgeous cups and teapot you chose. I hope you had a wonderful summer, and will look forward to hearing from you when you have time to blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, popped in to see if you had posted again. But I so enjoyed looking at this post another time - so beautiful. I hope you are doing well and are just having a busy summer wind-down.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.