Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 29 August 2016

No Place Like Home


Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest;
Home-keeping hearts are happiest,
For those that wander they know not where
are full of trouble and full of care;
To stay at home is best. ~ Longfellow



Hello my lovely friends and welcome to No Place Like Home; a blog party where you are invited to share all your home and garden posts. A place to share your imagination, wonderful ideas and gifts with others. 


I would like to thank all you lovely ladies for your kind condolences and prayers over the past week. It is never easy losing someone you love and it is even harder when that loved one is so young. I know your prayers really helped the family get through it. The Lord bless you all!


This is my coral begonia on our back deck. It's doing very well. 


I still have a few Bordeaux petunias too in spite of the heavy damaging rains we've had. 

My last post of two weeks ago I had shared our little outing to Avonlea Village in Cavendish, PEI.




It's a charming little village on the north shore of the Island not far from Green Gables. The little village houses several buildings where our famous author of the Anne books, LM Montgomery, spent time. If you missed that post and you would like to see it, please click here.

I am honoured to have you link up to my party and I wish you all a delightful day.

Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 

Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 



Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

20 comments :

  1. Sandi,
    Once again, i am so sorry for your loss.....
    I hope you don't mind that i linked up 2 posts that were from last week along with this week's posts...
    Thanks so much for hosting my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are still very lovely! Nothing like color to cheer the soul. Your trip looks like it was delightful. Trust you will have a wonderful week and continued prayers for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so lovely! Glad you had a fun trip in Avonlea. The village looks very charming...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, how I would love to visit all the Anne sites on PEI. Thank you for hosting. I know doing the 'normal' things at a time like this can be both difficult and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Sandi! I think my link with the little shoes looking to go home just squeaks in under the heading of No Place like Home!!
    Your petunias are beautiful. I didn't plant any this year and every time I see such a lush display I regret that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Sandi, so happy to be here in your lovely and inspirational party! Your trip sounds wonderful, my friend.
    Your petunias are gorgeous too.
    Thank you for hosting, I know it's a difficult time for you. Praying.
    Have a peaceful week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi...been praying for your family. Nice you could be back here, but I know it is difficult. Thanks for hosting and praying blessings and comfort for you and your family.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi, Thank you for sharing the photos of Avonlea Village in Cavendish. Visiting Prince Edward Island, home of L.M. Montgomery and Anne of Green Gables, is on my bucket list. I hope I make it there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your dear family have been in my thoughts and prayers, dear Sandi. Yes, losing someone so young is especially difficult. Your begonias and your petunias must love the spots that they're in, as they look so prolific! Thank you for hosting and enjoy your week. My post this week is actually about the joy of leaving home! Love and blessings are sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,

    Did you hear that Netflix will be doing a remake of Anne of Green Gables? The series will be called "Anne" and air on CBC. I shared two posts this week, as I thought you would be interested in my tearoom meet-up with Judith and Wendy. Thank you for hosting and enjoy the last few days of August!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi, we have just the opposite problem here in New Mexico....it's very dry! Our plants and grass have really been suffering even with H hand watering some of them. We are finally getting some rain and the grass is greening up and the roses are blooming again. Have a blessed week, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have fond memories of our visit to your province but my favourite momento is the Anne of Green Gables postcard from you that sits on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have completely loved Anne of Green Gables pictures. Your pictures and lovely poetry is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for hosting.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, thank you for hosting. Your flowers are just beautiful and I envy you so much your trip to Avonlea!..Have a wonderful week..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sandy
    I´m always happy meeting you.I love your pictures...you live in a beautiful place!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coral begonia is beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi your flowers look amazing. Those are the very two flowers that gave up at my house this year. It was too wet and hot for them I guess. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting! I enjoyed the photos. Hope your week is blessed.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi, I'm still catching up from summer, and only just read of your recent loss. My condolences to you and your family during this time.

    I would one day like to visit your beautiful province and see the treasures it holds. Your flowers look amazing, and I love the way you have grown the petunias. Have a wonderful day,
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Next year I am starting out with the beautiful Bordeaux petunia like you have pictured. They last much longer than the regular petunias I always get.
    Thanks for time you spend on your party and showing us these get places

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.