Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 27 June 2016

No Place Like Home

The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely. ~ Louisa May Alcott


Hello my lovely friends and welcome to No Place Like Home; a blog party where you are invited to share all your home and garden posts as well as other things that make you happy. A party to share your imagination, wonderful ideas and gifts with others.

On Friday I shared my new vintage teacup I had found while out thrifting. She's a beauty and anyone who appreciates a fine teacup would like this one. She is made by Aynsley and such a lovely colour. I just love it! If you missed this post and would like to read about my newest acquisition then please click here.



Yesterday we spent some time at Victoria Park where I took a few pictures. We always try to have coffee there in the evenings. Isn't this peaceful?


The boats were out on the water. The blues were perfect and I didn't have to doctor up the colours at all. Nature did this all my herself.

The trees are beautiful, wearing their bright green tresses. 
This tree in particular arched over me like a canopy and I tried to get a good shot while standing under it but this was the best I could do. The branches reach almost to the ground and it was beautiful standing beneath it. 


A little further down the tree lined walk. A shot from behind one of the many benches that look out over the water.

This is the line of trees along the walk that goes by the Governor's Mansion. There are benches every few yards to sit on and enjoy the water view. These trees have been here for a long time and could probably tell some stories.

This is the back view of Governor's Mansion. This summer I may go in and take some pictures of their beautiful gardens.


It was about the seven in the evening so the shadows were getting long. 



And that was my little stroll through Victoria Park.

Last week's party served up a wonderful variety of ideas and recipes. They were all splendid and thank you so much for sharing. I am honoured that you linked up to my party. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies! 

On the weekend I had a few moments to spare so I am sharing three posts from last week's party that had the most clicks.

Carmen @ Country Blessings had the most clicks. She shared with us her wonderful tea in the garden with an excerpt from her pastor's sermon which was quite lovely.

The next two ladies tied for having the second highest number of clicks on their posts. 

Janice @ Mz. Witherspoon's Cottage shared her sweet morning tea with roses. Isn't her pink rose doily sweet?

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home shared the wonderful treasures she found while out shopping at yard sales; lots of pretties. Don't you love her chandelier?

Thank you everyone for participating last week. As a courtesy, it would be nice if you would have a link back to my party. 

Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 

Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 




Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. I just think your new, vintage teacup is perfect for you, Sandi. Thank you for the stroll through Victoria Park, which I know,is so special to you. May you have a lovely week and thanks for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, Your teacup is fabulous, love the teal and purple together. And thanks for taking us along on your stroll through Victoria park, so peaceful looking.
    Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week!
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    What a beautiful park and I love the tea cup as I said in your previous post! Thanks so much for hosting ,my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to be able to join in this week. Thank you!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi. The teacup is gorgeous! Of course I love it...it's blue and Aynsley! Your Victoria Park is wonderful...no wonder you are often there. Thanks so much for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty teacup Sandi! Lovely colors. And how you must be enjoying the summer and your lovely parks and the water! It looks so beautiful and relaxing. I know you are enjoying it.
    Have a lovely week, and thank you for hosting. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, Thank you so much for the tour of Victoria Park, what a lovely place to have coffee. It's so sweet of you to feature my yard sale finds....thank you! Have a blessed week....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Aynsley teacup, Sandi. I love both Aynsley and Hammersley! Your view of the park is so pretty...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for the feature! I would love to take a walk on PEI, it looks so peaceful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place to enjoy coffee in the evenings. Very relaxing and beautiful.

    Your island life sounds beautiful, Sandi. I fell in love with PEI through Anne of Green Gables. Your photos and writings make me love it all the more.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful spot to visit Sandi! I love the tree with the drooping to the ground branches. We used to have pin oaks in the back yard that did that. They were beautiful. A few years ago they all got diseased and we had to take them all out. I so hated that, but we have a much better yard for gardening now. Thanks for hosting! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, you have some lovely pictures and your teacup is beautiful. Thank you so much for hosting! Have a beautiful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou Sandi. I love visiting you. Your park looks very similar to one we have here. Just so soothing and peaceful. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos and fun party :) Thanks for having us over Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting and sharing these lovely photos, Sandi. We have quite a number of dead trees here thanks to the emerald ash borer so I have a newfound appreciation for the greenery that you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi,
    That is a beautiful park! What a wonderful place to spend an evening!

    Thanks for hosting this link up! Its so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a dainty little teacup! Love the pretty teal color:) Beautiful images of Victoria Park! Thanks for the stroll through the park and for hosting, Sandi! Happy week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi,
    What a beautiful place to visit! All that green really does feel good. I am happy to be able to share tea this week with you. I hope you have a very good week and some delicious tea,
    Hugs,
    Terri Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI SANDI,
    YOU MADE MY DAY TODAY.
    VICTORIA PARK LOOKS LIKE SUCH A SPECIAL PLACE. ONE THAT YOU MUST TAKE TIME TO VISIT. WHERE IS THIS PARK? I WOULD HATE TO BE CLOSE ON MY TRAVELS AND
    MISS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS.
    KEEP BLOGGING AS WE ARE OUT HERE READING.

    BILLIE

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you sandi for featuring my rose teatime. I love your photos and sweet Victoria park. I would love to visit such a place. Have a wonderful new week. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting, Sandi, and Happy Canada Day to you..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi, Your island is beautiful. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to stroll through the governor's gardens. Aynsley cups are lovely and yours is no exception. Love the violets in the interior. Awesome parties from last week. Kindest regards, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do live in such a pretty place. When I have time, I just love coming over to look at all the link ups. So fun. Have a great week Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Victoria Park looks a really beautiful place to spend time in - I envy all that blue sky as I sit here watching the rain pouring down outside!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your new teacup, Sandi. So unique! And Victoria Park ... what a lovely place and what a sweet tradition to enjoy coffee there in the evenings. We have got to get back to PEI for a visit one of these summers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great tour! Feel like I was able to go too! The teapot/teacup is so pretty. Wish I could enjoy a cup of tea right about now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Sandi, your new find ist definately a treasure. Its so seldom to find a violet cup. Really pretty. And the Victoria Park is amazing. I love the big tree and the look on the saling boat. Isn't that amazing that we all love the same peaceful nature?! Thank you for sharing also the nice features and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi,
    very much I would sit on the bench and enjoy the view on the lake. Beautiful images ! Coffe in the evenings , what a nice idea !
    Your turquoise mug is so pretty with the little violets, i love it !!
    Thank you for the party, have a happy week,Carmen

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.