Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 6 June 2016

No Place Like Home


Welcome friends to No Place Like Home, a blog party where you are invited to share all your home and garden posts. A place to share your imagination, wonderful ideas and gifts with others.

Home is the heart of life... Home is where we feel at ease, where we belong, where we can create our surroundings that reflect our tastes and pleasures... Making a home is a form of creativity open to everyone. ~ Terence Conran


The calendar says it's June but it's sure not feeling like it on PEI yet. We're supposed to have below normal temps for most of June and that is disappointing to be sure. I imagine it's going to be a very short summer this year. I may have to move to the Carolinas or Georgia. 

Over the weekend I shared a post about adding touches of romance in your kitchen. If you missed that post, you may click here to see it.



Shared my pretty rainbow roses too. Roses always add a little romance to one's life.




Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful. It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, every fair sky, every fair flower. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Are you ready to party? Last week served up a splendid variety of ideas and recipes. I am honoured that you linked up to my party. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies. 

I won't be doing features for most of the summer months because it takes a lot of time to do that and I'm unusually busy right now. However, I thought I would share two posts from last week's party who tied for the most views. Congrats ladies!

Pat @ French Country Style shared her wonderful vintage Shaker basket she found while thrifting. A fabulous find!



And Rebeca @ Lincluden Cottage Life shared the beautiful transformation of her historical home with yellow paint. Stunning!

Thank you everyone for participating last week.

As a courtesy, it would be nice if you would have a link back to my party so others may find their way here. 

Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself.


Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 



Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

24 comments :

  1. Wonderful features, Sandi! Thank you for hosting this wonderful party. So glad to be joining you in the fun today! God bless! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sandi! Wow! I'm honored to be one of the two features this week. Thank you so much. I hope you get some summer weather soon. I imagine your plants will go crazy once the warm sun hits them. You live in such a beautiful place. I also love yellow houses so it's fun to be featured with this beauty. Warm hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the features and my home was painted the same color as the house feathered! Hope you weather warms us! I like cooler weather so maybe we could switch. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sandi! I love your features! I have blue and white toile in my dining room and love it! Summer is such a busy time...hope you will enjoy many happy days with your family! Thanks for hosting and for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses, perfect for the month of June! And that yellow house is beautiful!! Love it. Thanks for hosting, as always, and have a beautiful week. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi,
    The roses are lovely!! Thanks so much for hosting , my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi, I so appreciate the lovely quotes that you share each week. The one by Ralph Waldo Emerson really touched be today. Thank you for taking the time to find those for us to enjoy, and thanks for hosting. I hope summer comes soon to PEI, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that the weather forecasters are wrong about the Island having a short summer this year. I adore the yellow house on your weekly feature. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Sandi. To my enormous frustration, I have the same problem with viewing and linking with you this week. The message says 'This Inlinkz widget is not allowed on this website. You can still view the linkup here' with 'here' underscored, but nothing happens when you click on it. I am not having this problem with any of my other regular linkups. It's quite bizarre, and clearly judging by everyone's comments, it's only me. I don't know what to do. I wonder if it's worth emailing Inlinkz and asking whether there is a glitch? I'll try from my end if you would like to do the same. Much Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi,
      I am looking into it. I just wrote them for a solution. Thanks for letting me know.

      Blessings,
      Sandi

      Delete
  10. drizzly rain here and hot/humid to go with :( thanks for hosting such an awesome party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your teapots and roses, Sandi! Enjoy your summer!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi, I am seeing the same thing as Mimi. Not able to link. Hope it warms up for you and you don't have to move. :)
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your roses are absolutely beautiful! All of the petals looks so perfect and what vibrant colors. Thank you for your weekend post. I learned two things from it: clever solution to storing teacups (great arrangement) and the glass dome is really called a cloche. I always refer to it as simply "the glass dome thing."
    Sending sun rays your way! It was near 100 here all of last week.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    I love your romantic transferware in your kitchen and dining room especially with the toile and lace drapes. Thank you for teaching me how to stack teacups as it really does help my full cupboards. Love your roses! I try to create romantic rooms in my home too and adding beautiful china really makes my rooms feel romantic to me. So many friends prefer modern but I love the addition of vintage collectibles and antiques. Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your features Sandi. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi, thank you so much for hosting and thanks for sharing your lovely features. They are both really beautiful..Have a wonderful week..xo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. It has gotten warm here and the garden is trying to grow weeds. Thanks for hosting and for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for hosting. Love the features yellow is a favorite, love the paint color. Loving that thrift "found" basket.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful roses, Sandi! Thanks for hosting this lovely party. It's been warm here. Today, though, is sunny but cooler and breezy. Really a perfect June day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi, it's so nice to see you again, and I'm thrilled to know that even though much has changed in the 2 years I've been away from blogging, things at Rose Chintz Cottage are as beautiful and inspiring as ever.

    Just last week, I felt it was time to return to blogging, so I created a new blog...Embracing Home. I linked up my initial post with this party.

    I have thought of you several times these past couple years. Every time I spy the rose chintz pattern in an antique store you come to mind. It is such a lovely pattern.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearest Sandi, thankyou for your email and comment, and yay! InLinkz have fixed the issue and here I am! Much love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi, I linked up to you on my blog and then forgot to leave my photo and a comment on your blog! I just remembered this morning...goodness. Our weather has been above normal with high temps. We are all dreading a hot summer, again. We never used to have this kind of heat here in the Pacific NW. I don't care for it. It is cloudy and cool today...yeah. I love your pretty teapots.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My word, such a lovely post I truly enjoyed it Sandi. Thank you. I love this Royal Albert tea set. I own a single teacup and saucer. Bit I for some reason never used mine. Amazing price change. And Id lobe to own the teapot and all. Lucky lady your aunt. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.