Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 30 May 2016

No Place Like Home

Home is where friendships are formed and families are grown;
Where joy is shared and true love is known;
Where memories are made and seeds of life are sown. 
This is the place that people call home. ~ Author unknown


Welcome to No Place Like Home and Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends! I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.



I think some of you got the wrong message last week about my blog party.
I am not stopping the party for the summer months, only the features

The other day I set a table with some peach and coral pink teacups and I made a cake to enjoy with our tea. 

This Irish Tea Cake recipe came from Elizabeth at The Daisy Fields and it turned out wonderfully well. 



Add a dollop of whipped cream with some strawberry preserves and you have a simple but tasty dessert to enjoy with your beverage. If you missed that post simply click here to visit it.

Now, on to my features from last week's party. 
Last week's party served up a plethora of ideas, DIY's and recipes. They were all splendid and thank you so much for sharing. I am honoured that you linked up to my party. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies!

With rhubarb season upon us, why not make up a batch of these wonderful Rhubarb Cinnamon muffins, a recipe shared by Thelma @ Thel's Kitchen.


Trisha @ American Honey Home shared her adorable pump house which she and her hubby decorated. Too cute!




Bernideen @ Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden shared an old ladder decorated with birdhouses for her garden. I think this is adorable!

Carrie @ Teatime Journeys shared a lovely Tour of Italy Tea. Everything looked wonderful from her setting to the meal itself.



You all know how my heart goes pitter-pat for pretty china and red/pink transferware. Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble scored when she found these JB Old Britain Castles dishes while out thrifting.




Julie @ Julie's Lifestyle shared a delicious Salisbury Steak recipe. Yum!

And for dessert why not try making Elizabeth's Mini Wimbledon Cakes.

Congratulations everyone and thank you ladies for participating last week. 

As a courtesy, it would be nice if you would have a link back to my party. 

Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 


Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest



Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

26 comments :

  1. Dear Sandi:
    I so enjoyed your posting and thank you for sharing mine. That was very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your quote by the unknown author, Sandi, at the beginning of your post. I must make the Irish Tea Cake soon, as it looks so tasty. The features are all wonderful and I thank you for hosting your sweet party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote, I will pin it on my quotes and sayings board. I love your pretty and yummy setting along with the features.
    Thank you for hosting this great party.
    Have a lovely week dear Sandi.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the Wimbeleon Cakes! YUM! THanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my Rhubarb Muffins. I love your peach and coral dishes. Thanks for hosting another great party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on everyone featured. Love your peachy tea things. Thanks for hosting, Sandi. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the feature, my friend! I am once again honored!! I am a bit late in linking up because i worked last night and the party was not up before I went to bed....
    I will be giving you a Shout Out on google + and in my next post!! Thanks for hosting!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi! Thank you so much for featuring my posts....what an honor! And I'm so happy to see that you tried the Irish Tea Cake recipe! I hope you enjoyed it :)

    Enjoy your week! Blessings to you!
    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea and cake . . . what could be better? It just sounds cozy and nurturing, doesn't it? I think I'll make a little cake, too, as we are spending a very quiet Memorial Day, just the two of us, with only leftovers for dinner. A little cake might be in order, right? :)
    Thank you for hosting Sandi. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always look forward to stopping by for the party on Monday's....thank you so much for having me! Have a blessed week....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the party. I was one of the confused ones. I'm glad you linked at Share My Cup. Your post drew me here today in time to link! I'll finish visiting there and come back here to visit your party too.
    Have a good week and a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This week's features are making my mouth water. HA! Thank you for hosting and enjoy the last few days of May.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not sure why but I always get hungry when I party here :) Hope you enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Sandi, how are you? I wanted to link up today but am seeing this message on your blog...This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here. When I click 'here', nothing happens. I cannot view the links or the linkup button. Very odd? Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sandi. I've returned several times to attempt a link, but I continue to get the same odd message, even today. Hopefully the new linkup will resolve it. I hope you've had a lovely week. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for featuring my sweet little pump house! We've been working on the outside of our house all weekend and I love how everything is coming together. Have a lovely week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    I love your coral teacups - they are absolutely gorgeous and your dessert looks scrumptious! Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the sound of the rhubarb cinnamon muffins, rhubarb is one if my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi! Thank you for hosting! Have great week! ;)
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the features today Sandi. LOVE the quote! I must write this one down. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for featuring the Salisbury Steak recipe Sandi, I so appreciate it. Wishing you a wonderful week and thanks for hosting the fun each week. :) Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you as always, Sandi, for hosting. Have a wonderful week..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi, your peach and coral pink teacups are lovely! And the cake all toooo tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello dear Sandi....oh yes, the cake is making me drool! It just looks so very yummy. I hope all is well in your world. We are enjoying warm weather and that means strawberries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful entry, Sandi - I am in love with the smooth, perfect shaped pink teacups you presented - the inside white with floral designs has always been one of my favorite designs n china. I do not own anything like yours and I think I have to get hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi! Thanks so much for featuring me!!! I really appreciate it :). Your link party is always so wonderful, I'm just sorry I can't be more consistent with joining and visiting (at least lately). Your tea is lovely this week. Yummy cake with pinky coral teacups are definitely a good combo. And isn't Homesense/Homegoods addictive??!! Oh! I saw an article in Victoria magazine that made me thing of you--a special feature on Prince Edward Island and Anne of Green Gables. So many pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.