Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 29 April 2016

Cuppa Tea and A Recipe

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It can turn a meal into a feast, 
a house into a home, 
a stranger into a friend. ~ Melody Beattie


It's been a cold week here on Prince Edward Island. Yesterday we had snow flurries. The poor tulips that have finally poked up through the sod in my little heart shaped garden are not happy, I'm sure. 

This week I cooked a small turkey and made a casserole with the leftovers. I also have a broth made waiting for home made soup. I love leftovers because they go such a long way. 


This recipe came from a lady in New Brunswick when we lived over there. It is very filling and makes a lot. It is perfect to take to a pot luck or when feeding a crowd in your own home. It serves about 8-10.




Overnight Chicken {or Turkey}

3-1/2 to 4 cups macaroni

2 cups milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken or celery soup
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1/2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped

Topping: bread crumbs or crushed potato chips. I used crushed cracker crumbs.




Co
mbine all ingredients except topping.

Put in buttered casserole dish and refrigerate overnight or all day. Remove and mix well. Top with crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. I hope you enjoy it.


We enjoyed this last night with a yummy Broccoli salad, one of my hubby's favourites.



I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I am combining my recipe and my tea time together into one post.


I found a new teapot the other day. It is a small one which holds about two cups of tea that is perfect for a tea for one. It is a Grace teapot so you know it was a good price.



Tea time is me time, a time to savour and reflect. It's a time to share a cup with friends, a time of  comfort, camaraderie, and closeness. ~ Sandi 


It goes well with this small Royal Albert teacup and saucer.



These fluffy hydrangeas at the grocery store were beckoning to me to take them home, so I did. I like the subtle green tint.



I am just finishing up this book written by Karen Kingsbury called Every Now and Then. It's a wonderful story of faith and a K9 team. I really enjoy this author's writings. Have you ever read any of her books?






Enjoy your tea and your weekend and thank you for stopping by for a visit. God bless you!


 I am joining the following parties as well~

 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Bernideen's TTCG Blog Party
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 The Art of Home-Making Mondays
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home


 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

23 comments :

  1. My mum used to make something very much like that, Sandi. It was a favourite - hot and tasty and filling and it smelled so good when cooking.
    Your new teapot is pretty - two cups - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That casserole sounds yummy and filling, and something almost anyone would really enjoy. What a pretty teapot - and how well it matches the Royal Albert teacup. Happy weekend, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always lovely to see your posts! The dish sounds and looks marvelous. I will copy that recipe, thank you! Ohh that tea pot is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my momma has made something like that. It sure is good.
    I love your tea cup, but especially the tea pot. It's so beautiful. :)

    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    I bought the same teapot... it is so pretty!
    The casserole sounds good and I love broccoli salad too.
    I am looking forward to some warmer temps too as our tours start in 3 weeks~
    it looks warmer next week though.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new Gracie teapot and RA teacup blend together beautifully! When I was at HomeSense last weekend, I spotted these turquoise striped teacups. I was good and left them behind, but I'm still thinking about them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that casserole does sound good! And broccoli salad would make a perfect side.

    That new teapot is so pretty and does go so nicely with your teacup.

    It's cold here too. A few wildflowers are popping up, but I think any tulips that tried it here would be discouraged. We had snow on Tuesday; hope that is the end of it!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandi:
    Love your post today with the sweet Coastline Teapot. I shall miss having an "inside look" at all their ware but not miss working! So love retirement. Your English cup and saucer goes so well with it. I know most of the world is cold so always feel free to link any tea post to Tea In The Garden - even an old one. We are having cold weather here today again. I did the post on Thursday when it was warmer but today....burrr. Your casserole would be perfect and bring "comfort" on a cold day. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The casserole sounds so good, Sandi, and I'll keep it in mind when I cook up a turkey breast that I have in the freezer. Your new Grace teapot blends so well with your RA teacup. I hope your temperatures warm up! Happy weekend, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your casserole looks tasty Sandi, I make a similar recipe with tuna and have recently started using bow tie pasta.
    Love the new teapot, wonder if it was the same one I looked at in Home Sense and decided I really should just use the teapots I already have.
    Hard to believe you're still getting snow flurries, perhaps the ones we had earlier in the week so I hope it warms up soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your casserole sounds yummy! I like easy one-dish meals :) Great little teapot for one. And such a nice pairing with the teacup. I have a two-cup teapot that I use quite a lot (since I'm usually drinking tea alone). Enjoy the remainder of your weekend, and let's hope we all get some warmer weather really soon!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandi! I hope you're keeping warm; it's freezing here in Denver. I had to put buckets over a few plants outside and bring everything else inside. A good time to read a good book. I'm reading My Secret Garden. I can't believe I've never read it and, though it's supposedly a children's book, I'm really enjoying it...but I'd rather be outside! Sun please. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi! Wonderful post! I love "comfort food"! I make my Grandmother's Velveeta and broccoli dish topped with Ritz crackers, which everyone loves, so I'm guessing your macaroni dish topped with potato chips is delicious! I'm going to try it! Hopefully our Spring weather here in New Brunswick will be heading your way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen is an inspirational author; love her books. Wow, that recipe for turkey looks delicious. Bet it warmed up the house nicely in those cold days (not to mention the aroma!) We like to do that too and work with the leftovers. I always make turkey noodle soup and freeze it for future busy days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi, Happy May to you! Your recipe sounds so delicious and is similar to chicken casserole that I make quite often with leftover chicken but I never think to add bread crumbs to the top, and the Velveeta cheese would make it very creamy. The pretty teapot is quite a close match to your cup and saucer. Hopefully we'll both be getting some warmer weather this month and I am certainly looking forward to all the beautiful blooms that will come this month as I'm sure you are too. Blessings to you.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi the recipe sounds so good. I love stuff like this. And I always love me a good cuppa tea. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely. Now I want tea :)
    Blessings to you Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm that overnight chicken looks scrumptious, Sandi! Loving how your Grace teapot matches so prettily with the RA cup, looks perfect together! Happy week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi: Your casserole looks yummy. Love the new tea pot. You always make everything look so pretty. Have a great Mother's Day. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi sandi thanks for sharing your casserole can't wait to try it and your tea pot is so cute have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just marvel every time I see all of your beautiful dishes.

    I will be thinking of you on May 22 (we couldn't get reservations for Mother's Day) when my daughter-in-law has invited me to high tea at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. I'll have to do a post on it.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The casserole sounds really yummy Sandi. I love your new teapot! It certainly matches your teacup nicely! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dish looks delicious and that teapot and cup are adorable! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.