Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 14 March 2016

No Place Like Home # 19

Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace. ~ Vernon Baker


Welcome my lovely friends to No Place Like Home


Spring is on its way! I heard our first song sparrow outside my window yesterday. What a welcome sound! Our goldfinches are shedding their olive feathers and beginning to turn yellow again. The clocks have turned ahead one hour and our days are getting longer. St Patrick's Day is this week and next Sunday is the first day of Spring. Then comes Easter. Lots to celebrate this month!

Over the weekend I shared my review on Downton Abbey. How I will miss that show! 


Courtesy of Pinterest

I also shared a little tea to go along with it. If you missed that post you may click here to visit it.




Last week's party served up a cornucopia of ideas and recipes. They were all marvellous and thank you so much for sharing. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies! I have broken my features down into categories again and I hope you enjoy them!


First of all I would like to congratulate Mrs. T @ Across My Kitchen Table for having the most clicks on her post. She shared some very lovely embroidered dish towels.




Crafts
Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home shared her Spring wreath with streamers tutorial. A pretty welcome!



Trisha @ American Honey Home shared a wonderful trough box and her tutorial on how to make her cotton branches. 




Thrifting

Gina @ Victorian Wanna Be shared her lovely finds while out thrifting. Wonderful Limoges plates and a gorgeous teacup were just some of the treasures she shared with us.




DIY
Fabby @ Fabby's Living shared her wonderful wall plate rack that her hubby had made for her. Fabulous!



Deanna @ Creekside Cottage shared the makeover that she gave her great grandmother's china hutch. I love it! 



Teatime and Tablescapes
JoAnn @ Scene Through My Eyes shared her very cute collection of themed teapots and bunnies as well as other little treasures which she decorates her home with this time of year.



Thelma @ Thelma's Days shared an Irish Tea complete with some lovely green teacups and some home made scones and Irish soda bread.



Recipes
Julie @ Julie's Lifestyle shared a different twist on Mac and Cheese with her muffin recipe. Don't they look good?



Kitty @ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared her recipe for a delicious Cottage Pie. I will be making this next time we have roast beef.



Bernideen @ Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden shared a recipe for these wonderful Irish Currant Scones. Yum!



Congratulations ladies and thank you everyone for participating last week. As a courtesy, and if you would like to be featured, you should have a link back to my party.

If you have been featured here at No Place Like Home then please feel free to take this button. Just copy and paste.



Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 


Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 




Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

31 comments :

  1. Hello Sandi, and thanks so much for the lovely surprise today and featuring the mac and cheese muffins as I appreciate it. I like all of the features too. Wishing you a wonderful day and week.
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, thank you so much for the feature! I will give you a shout out on my next post. :) Aslo, thanks so much for hosting such a lovely party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi, Thanks for featuring my Irish Tea. You made my day. And thanks for hosting another great party. Have a good week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sandi:
    Thanks for featuring my post. I am totally dependent on reposting at this time but will soon be beyond that as moving week is FINALLY here. We are glad too as this has been a tremendous amount of work. We met with our realtor Saturday and all our work is paying off for which we are glad. Thank you again and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi,
    Beautiful features today!! Thanks so much for hosting each week!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your Downton post from yesterday. Those characters are so dear to me. Sunday nights won't be the same.
    Thanks for hosting and featuring some wonderful posts! I'm getting excited for spring and many of the posts have some creative ideas for the season! Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for picking my trough box as a feature...you made my day! So happy to be joining in this week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for including my wreath in your features this week! I picked up a button for my sidebar....sorry, I thought I already had one! Have a great week...hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprisefor a Monday morning dear Sandi! Thank you so much for the honor, I'm so happy to be included with such bunch of great features too!
    Have a happy week and thanks for the great party again this week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I looked at all of the featured posts, and especially loved Fabby's new plate rack. Thank you for arranging this link up, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi, I'm with you. I'm really going to miss Downton. I watched the finale again last night. So sorry to see it end. Thanks for hosting and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so very much, Sandi, for honoring me by featuring my Irish Cottage Pie amongst all the other wonderful features. I so enjoyed your first quote that you shared and also the last one. They always seem to touch me in a special way, my friend. Thank you for hosting your lovely party and enjoy the song of the birdies as they return.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home, Sandi. I always enjoy your beautiful tablescapes, and seeing how other's decorate their lovely homes too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,

    Thank you for featuring my great grandmother's hutch I painted. I love the difference it made and I love having it in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an honor to be featured along with these great choices for this week - many of your choices were among my favorites too. This meme is so special and I find so many inspiring and beautiful ideas here. - Thanks ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    What beautiful features! Love that white china cabinet. I have one like it but hubby doesn't want me to paint it. Your Lavender Rose teapot and gorgeous Serena and Lady Carlyle teacups make me swoon! The yellow tulips make me so eager for spring. Such a gorgeous table you always set! Egg sandwiches are always my favourites for shower and tea parties Happy St. Patrick's Day and Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi, Happy no place like home Monday.. Bernideen reminded me of hers then I thought of yours. Last week entries were lovely. I always try to visit everyone when I can. Have a great day with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always enjoy No Place Like Home. It's fun to find new blogs and read post from friends. Thanks for hosting, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Sandi, thanks for the feature! I'm surprised that my simple post had the most clicks. Looks like another lovely party, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi, What a lovely post and all the pretty features are so inspiring. Yes, I will miss Downton Abbey on Sunday nights too. Maybe they will begin a new story and that will fill the void!!
    Love your quotes. Enjoy those singing birdies and a very blessed springtime and Happy Easter too. Love to you dear one!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think we need to start a support group to help each other get through our Downton Abbey withdrawal. Apparently, a film version is already being discussed! Thank you for hosting and Happy St. Patricki's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a magical sight for tea table, I love cucumber sandwiches, everything looks so delicate !!!
    Thank you for Downton Abby post yesterday. I am always happy to see some of these magnificent actor. Thank you for sharing.
    Always enjoy to take part here, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  23. sorry had to link and run yesterday due to severe storms (it was rocking and rolling here!) so came back today to check everything out :) Thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi, thank you for hosting and showing all the wonderful features. Sunday night just isn't the same without DA..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is looking really pretty here. All of the daffodils have bloomed just in time for Easter! The days are light out till 7 pm. I always love this time of year! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful features Sandi! So excited for Spring and I am going to miss Downton so much! Thanks for the party and Happy St. Patty's.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. I almost missed the party ! I have been away for so long I thought the tea party was on Tuesdays. I so happy to be joining you for tea this week.

    The birds scrounging up nesting material and squabbling over nest sites reminds me it will not be long before I hear baby birds chirping in the trees and mama Robin will be searching the lawn with her half grown young for earthworms. Spring is almost here, glorious spring ! Time to sip tea on the porch and watch the feathered entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Sandi...I have been enjoying all the post so very much lately. Blogging is such a fun adventure in my life. I love seeing what everyone is doing and sharing. Happy St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both me and my husband enjoyed Downton Abbey. I hope Julian Fellows will came up with similar program and soon. I miss the characters of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Sandi...
    It is always such fun to link up each week with you lovely ladies. Thank you once again for sharing beautiful quotes, décor, and tea time! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.