Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 5 February 2016

An Imagination is a Wonderful Thing!

The color of winter is in the imagination. ~ Terri Guillemets



Hello bloggy friends! I hope your first week of February was very pleasant.

One week down and we're that much closer to springtime. You know how I long for it; how I dream about it especially today as we are in the midst of another snow storm. They are predicting thirty to forty cm of the white stuff. 



My hubby had two weeks of vacation and he spent most of that time painting the kitchen-dining rooms. I don't do much in the way of painting any longer so it's his job now.



Have you ever noticed when you begin to paint, how many holes, dings and dark spots there are to cover? 

The time it takes to fill and then prime them, one could have had the painting all done. We painted the walls the same colour they were before. I was tempted to paint them aqua but the colour goes so well with the curtains and floor. I love my toile curtains so it's Country Cream again.

On a sunny day, the rooms are light and bright which is what we like. This colour also goes down the hallway.



You see the shelf? We opted to leave it up and paint around it because we had such a time hanging it in the first place. It weighs a ton and once the paint is dry, one will never know we hadn't taken it down. 



It's a good feeling to get it done. Everything hasn't been put back yet but it looks fresh and clean. 

I love my little sheep; a birthday present from a friend. He takes his place on the shelf in front of the Venetian tray. Do you love sheep as much as I do?


Meanwhile, some spring cleaning is getting done too. After these rooms are finished, we're on to the den which is blue.

If you have good thoughts, 
they will shine out of your face
like sunbeams
and you will always look lovely. ~ Roald Dahl


Getting one's home spruced up is like getting a new hair cut. Although I have been wearing the same hair style for years, it always feels good to get it trimmed and I go back and forth with the invert in the back. 



My hair always looks the same but it makes me feel better when I get it done. 

Just like the kitchen and dining rooms.

Now that I've bored you with painting and talking about my hair style, let's have some tea.


People need people and friends need friends
And we all need love, for a full life depends
Not on vast riches or great acclaim
Not on success or worldly fame
But just in knowing that someone cares
And holds us close in their thoughts and prayers.
~ Helen Steiner Rice ~


Valentines Day is almost here so let's have a romantic cup of tea today.



Pink is just right for the occasion, don't you think? A snow storm has drifted in and tucked us under a fresh blanket of snow once again. I am daydreaming about warm summer days filled with trips to the beach, walks through the woods, fresh picked berries and coffee down at the Board Walk. 

I am also thinking about my family who will be home for a reunion this coming summer.

Looking out the window unfortunately brings reality back home. But if I use my imagination, I can go any where I want to. What was it that Anne used to say? Oh yes, "There is great scope for imagination." ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables 

I love to cozy up next to the fire with a hot cup of tea especially on days like this, close my eyes and be whisked away to thoughts of summer days. Getting lost in a good book also provides an adventure outside of the ordinary.

I have brought out my summery teacups and I will steep a favourite tea and curl up in my chair to enjoy it. Would you like to join me?



My Royal Albert Summer teacup is a favourite and is adorned with a little English cottage and a gaggle of geese in the yard. It's not hard to imagine myself at that little cottage. I would be right at home there.



Rose Chintz made by Gracie China is my other teacup which is of course sprinkled with roses, my favourite flower.



The teapot is Royal Albert New Country Roses. A soft pink with roses adorning it.


For a little treat I have made Spider cookies. Do you remember those? My children grew up on them and my hubby loves them too. With another storm upon us, I think these will make good storm cookies. I will share the recipe tomorrow in case you have never made them yourself.



"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." ~ George MacDonald

It is always my pleasure to have you visit and I hope I brought a little smile to your day. Have a lovely weekend and God bless you!





I am joining the following parties as well ~ 

Tuesday Cuppa Tea 
Bernideen's TTCG Blog Party
Tea Cup Tuesday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

19 comments :

  1. Dear Sandi:
    I think I am finally getting a handle oon your new format of doing your actual post on Friday. I am glad you put the link party back on the main page on Monday. I am sorry to put my photo there but nothing else worked. I am back in Colorado so I guess you could say I am 1/2 moved to Missouri now.

    Your hair looks lovely. Looks like work going on at your house too. We are in the process of painting, etc here and getting our home ready to sell.

    I love that Royal Albert teapot. Your Spider Cookies look good too. I think your 2 teacups look nice with it. Soft colors.
    We got 20" of snow here and barely got into our garage coming home last evening. Burr..... Keep warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been lucky this year in that we have no snow left nor have we had very much to begin with just a dusting here and there really and the it has been the warmest winter on record for us . Oh I do love your tea cups, tea pots and treats all so very lovely ! I do like that colour for the walls looks great ! Thanks for sharing , hope the storm doesn't dump to much more snow on your area , be safe and Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything in this post but the cup with the English cottage really calls the attention. Everything beautiful!! The cookies looks very good! The walls looks wonderful in that color. We are in the middle of Winter here in North Dakota. Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rooms looks so bright and fresh! A good motivation to do some cleaning. I love the classic style of your hair. I have been letting mine grow out since I retired and haven't yet come to the exact style I like. Have a beautiful weekend! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi - first, your hair is gorgeous - it is shiny and thick and absolutely beautiful! No need to change it whatsoever!

    And second - your husband is awesome. You give him a huge hug for me - gotta love a fella who works on the Honey Do List! : - ) Speakingof which, boy oh boy is my house turned upside down right now! I have been in the biggest spring cleaning mode (early, probably due to that weird warm weather we just had recently) and have purging and cleaning and re-organizing big time lately. Any home improvement sure is a big deal, it's difficult! : - )

    Well, good luck with all your improvements - it sure feels nice when one gets projects complete! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have the same cut! Like you, I go back and forth about the back and about the sides too - should I have them a little longer, for an 'edgier' look, or should they be as normal.....back and forth I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks fabulous! Love those cookies too ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed our snow this year, very dry and dull. But getting a heavy snow storm late in winter kind of breaks your heart a little bit. Hang in there and enjoy your cozy snuggle by the fire with tea, tea, tea! Your rose-laden tea cup and cottage scene tea cup are beautiful and that pink teapot is so sweet :) Can teapots look happy? I think yours does. The dining room looks very serene. I don't think I've ever painted a room the same colour twice. When I'm ready to paint, I want a drastic change. Although I do like the simple taupe background we have now in our living room/hall. Enjoy your wintry weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu didn't bore me at all with the painting and hair. I so agree with you, sprucing things up, our homes and hair etc, always makes me feel good. Your hair looks great and tell your hubby that painting looks perfect. We have no snow. I think it's because you guys seem to be getting it all. Stay cozy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got snow yesterday -- it fell all morning but I don't think we got more than an inch when all was said and done.

    Your freshly painted room looks lovely. And your hair ... well, I am envious. My hair is naturally curly and I kept it long for years to keep the curl down. Now it just looks better short and most of the time it looks okay. But it definitely has a mind of its own and, although my hairdresser has a style in mind when she cuts it and it looks great when I leave her shop, the next six weeks will be unpredictable! Oh well, I have to remind myself to be very thankful that I *have* hair.

    Your teacups and teapot today are just lovely. Love that vase that the tulips are in, as well. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweetheart your hubby is, Sandi, and the newly painted room looks so fresh! I'd love to join you for tea and we both could dream of living in that adorable cottage on your RA teacup. We'd both be right at home. Your hair looks so shiny and pretty, and a perfect cut for you.
    Happy weekend to you, my friend, and stay warm and cozy with all that snow that is predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your newly painted room and haircut look great, Sandi! I'd love to join you for a cup of tea! I was at David's Tea today and couldn't resist getting a sample of their Valentine blend, The Earl's Valentine. So much for my tea diet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not at all bored, a chatty and varied post that i have enjoyed. Stay warm.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, nothing like fresh paint! Hubby and I have been painting our trim and doors white. One room at a time. It's a big job! Taping everything off takes a long time. The painting itself goes quickly. I was just thinking today I could use a trim. Yours looks lovely! And as always, I love your pretty teacups and teapot. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgot to mention that I do love sheep and have a very similar one.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks chic, dear Sandi, it's my favorite haircut, the sleek bob. I just love it. The rose chintz is so lovely and a perfect with your teapot for February! It's already into the 80's this week in sunny Southern CA, but for me this is a drastic change from a couple of days ago (57) and I always, without fail catch the worst flu. I almost didn't get my posts up this week...I hope you fare better than I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We painted around a cabinet in the bathroom. Sometimes, once you get something hung, you NEVER want to mess with it.

    I wish you were close enough to pop over for a cup of tea in the garden. Our back door has been open to the sun since 8:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to say Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your hair and the paint color is very nice. I always love tea! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.