Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 12 October 2015

Pumpkins and Teacups for A Pink October Tea



Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn. ~ Elizabeth Lawrence



Welcome to Tea Time and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! 

The picture above was taken near my home a couple of years ago. The leaves are about a week behind this year. I love the look of leaves on the ground and the sound of them crunching beneath my feet. I find it somehow very comforting.



This last rose of the season is blooming sweetly at the very top of one of my bushes. I think it's happy up there because the frost hasn't touched it. I don't think I have ever had a rose bloom this late in the year before.



There are a few rose hips too. 


I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. ~ Henry David Thoreau




Today's tea has a little autumn inspiration. A pumpkin, or rather pumpkins, and some sparkly leaves set the tone. My coffee pot, cream and sugar are what I'm using today. 



A friend is the sugar bowl in the tea party of life; 
Sweet and satisfying to the soul. ~ unknown



The mark on the bottom of the pot, sugar bowl, and creamer

This is my hubby's favourite 'teapot' which is really a coffee pot. 



I think it's the shape he likes more than anything. I found this at our Anne of Green Gables Store several years ago. 


I will likely be using the October Cosmos teacup throughout the month.


The two top teacups, Serena and Lady Carlyle, are Royal Albert as most of you know and the bottom one is made by Aynsley.



I love vintage silverware. This pie server is made in England. I found it in an antique shop several years ago. 

Vintage tea spoons.



Pumpkin pie is on the menu today. Can't get enough of it as it's one of my favourites.




Happiness is sharing tea and pie with friends.



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please take care of yourself and be sure to get a mammogram.



Three more weeks and October will be over then the Christmas decorations will be going up. I am already thinking ahead to the Holidays. Have you ever seen a year fly by so fast? 

Thank you for joining me today and if you have anything tea or coffee related, please do link up and I will be happy to come and visit you. Have a beautiful day everyone!

We gather together 
This time of the year
To thank God for blessings...
For joy and for tears.

Lord help us to know

What it means to forgive
And how to be thankful
Each day that we live.

So keep us in mind, Lord,

We're thankful to Thee
To live and to work
In the land of the free. 
Excerpt from a poem on the front of our church bulletin



Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot, coffee cup/coffee pot, that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too! Collections such as tea spoons and creamers are also welcome as well as tablescapes. Have you visited a Tea Shop recently? We would love to hear about it and we tea ladies love a new tea time recipe too.

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or any of the following is acceptable too: Hot Apple Cider, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Iced coffee, or Punch in a lovely bowl.


I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
Tea Cup Tuesday
Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

30 comments :

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Sandi! I always enjoy seeing your pretty Serena and Lady Carlyle teacups.

    I'm also starting to think about Christmas.I usually complete my holiday shopping in November to avoid the crazy crowds at the mall.

    Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful the Serena and RA!
    I have the gorgeous RA October teacup my dear Mil left specially for me as we both are Oct. girls. Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians.
    Thank you for hosting sweet lady.
    Enjoy your week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to a better week, and your tea is a great way to start! Love your pretty china...those are some of my favorite patterns. And of COURSE the pumpkins are out...it's that time of year! Such a gorgeous tea time. Thanks so much for hosting, and lining to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a pleasure to view your postings. The lovely pink and white transferware plates are perfect with your tea set. Your vintage silver is beautiful is beautiful especially the server. Pumpkin pie oh my favorite for fall desserts with a little whipped cream. Have a lovely fall week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving . Lovely photos and all so pretty . It has been so sunny and warm here for our long weekend just perfect . My Knock out rose bushes love this cooler weather and are blooming again like mad as are a few others. Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Sandi! Oh that picture of the trees and the path...how I wish I could hop through the computer and walk that way with you. I love your tea service for today, with all your pretty teacups and those desert plates. Your pumpkin pie would taste extra special on those.
    Thank you for hosting your tea party for us, and I so love the quote on a friend being the sugar bowl in life! Happy hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope your day is lovely Sandi as you gather for your feast. Lovely photos in this post and all your tea wares are divine. Hope you enjoy your day and your flowers were lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sandi. Your pumpkin pie looks delicious! I've yet to make my first pumpkin pie this season, but I have made a pumpkin pound cake. As always you china settings are beautiful. And the tree-lined path reveals God's handiwork. ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi,

    Happy Thanksgiving to you. I adore Thanksgiving and it is truly my favorite holiday.

    Your post is so sweet and gracious.....such a blessing.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    Happy Thanksgiving! Your little white pumpkin is sweet as is the lovely tea set. I do love pumpkin pie too and we have a little left after our Thanksgiving turkey dinner lastnight. So yummy with whipping cream. Your three pink stacked teacups make me swoon. Such a pretty picture they make. Happy Tea Day and Have a Wonderful Week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't do a pink tea yet this October. You have inspired me. I think I'll do it the week of Halloween, just to be different! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post simply put, is beautifu! Have a wonderful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi, thank you for hosting. I'm glad I made it to your Tea time Tuesday. Happy thanksgiving to you and the rest of your family. Your pumpkin pie looks delicious. I am yet to make my own version. The floral coffee pot is very elegant and so feminine. I haven't seen something like it.
    I am looking forward to the Christmas season too.
    Hope you have a good week,
    Hugs.
    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,

    I have that October Cosmos cup too! I bought it because I am an October baby! Our autumn is a bit behind too, but is starting to look beautiful.

    The year has flown! We have our Thanksgiving in late November so I don't put up our Christmas decor until after that!

    Thank you for hosting!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely fall scene! The coffee pot is so delicate, the pie looks delicious, ...it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy thanksgiving day! It' s always a pleasure to see your stunning tea cups and tea time.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Sandi! Your husband has good taste. That is a very pretty tea/coffee set. Love the intricate shape and design. You have beautiful trees in the fall. That is one thing I will miss here in FL, trees do not really change in color.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi. Happy Thanksgiving to you sweet friend. I love the colours that you used for this lovely tea setting. Pinks are a favorite of mine. Hubby does have very good taste indeed.

    I love fall but I am already looking forward to Christmas. I am also planning our holiday decor.

    Thank you for hosting each week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi, Oh what a beautiful visit with you tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Your tea setting is so pretty and I love the design. The pink variety of cups are precious. The pie looks so good and also one of my favorites too. I love fall and your photo of the leaves is very special. Beautiful October Rose too. I picked a fall rose this past weekend and so enjoying the last blooms of summer.
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week my friend filled with many blessings.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment,
    Happy Fall. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. The photo of the leaves along the path is simply beautiful. It's the epitome of fall. We are having temps in the high 90s so there is very little evidence of fall. At least my roses are plentiful-the one bright spot. I am so looking forward to having a tea time like yours with the delicious pumpkin pie. Your pie server is lovely with its intricate carvings. Thank you for giving me a virtual feeling of fall and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey!!! I like your October teacup!!!

    All your pretty pinks are wonderful! Thanks for hosting, Sandi! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi! You know, I do remember that image of your autumn lined pathway you shared a couple years ago. Such a sight is sweet to my eyes and imagination. There is a glorious landscape sweep of PEI in autumn with the trees like fire in the movie Anne of Green Gables that is seared into my mind. Your picture reminds me of that . . . where Anne might have walked with Diana after school one day. I agree with your husband--I like the shape of your coffee pot, too. Lovely florals! And, even though it is fall, I love seeing that you still have your lilacs on your banner. We're saying farewell to our roses, too, though our foliage is just now starting to turn color. Lovely to drop by for tea this week with you, as always.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi,
    This is my first time linking up here. What an absolutely gorgeous tea set! I have been staring at it along with the three pink teacups. How very lovely! I enjoyed scrolling through all of your photos! Hope it was a Happy Thanksgiving! The pumpkin pie looked delicious!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, that pumpkin pie looks delish. It's always been a favorite of mine. I have to agree with hubby. That is one fabulous tea-pot. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sandi, I love pumpkin pie and yours looks scrumptious. All your tea cups are so beautiful and the turning leaves. Thank you for mentioning Breast Cancer awareness. It is a cause dear to my heart and I am so embarrassed that I didn't post about it this year..Happy Thanksgiving to you..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm late, but Happy Thanksgiving! Everything is so pretty. I love seeing your tea sets and that pie looks great! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shleia :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi, I can't believe that beautiful coffee pot! I love the shape, the colors and the print. WOW.
    I just can't even think about Christmas yet...I love fall and savor it all. I know it's not your favorite season with winter approaching. I was going to link my tea party pix on your blog, but was too late again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi. I just love this time of year and your first pic, the woods makes me want to get outside and go hiking. and that rose is hardy...still hanging on. The beauty of nature is so peaceful. Hugs and wishes for a gentle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandi, such lovely things! My post this week is of butternut squash soup with apple, so I didn't put it in the link party. Though it would go with the pink theme if I'd used a Pink Lady apple for the garnish rather than a Granny Smith!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How beautiful, Sandi! I love how you have used the white pumpkins with your pink items, and the October teacup is lovely. I recently found a rose blooming on one of my dad's rose bushes. It's probably gone now, as we had a frost the past couple of nights.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.