Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 26 October 2015

My Last Pink October Tea


Autumn is a celebration of nature,
its rarefied air tugging at our senses,
begging for praise to the Creator. ~ June Masters Bacher 

Hello lovely friends and welcome to my last Pink October Tea. As you know, I have been sharing pink all this month in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. 



Pink represents compassion, nurturing and love. It relates to unconditional love and understanding, and the giving and receiving of nurturing.



I hope you have had your mammogram this year. I lost my best friend to breast cancer so I know what it feels like to lose someone very dear to this dreaded disease. I know many of you have lost loved ones too or you may be living with it yourself. Some of you have also beaten it and I pray one day in the very near future there will be a cure for all cancers.



For today's tea time I am sharing a brand new teacup. 



Isn't this cute? It is marked Stechcol made by Gracie China



This set is different from anything I have which is why I brought it home. There was a pedestal teacup in the same pattern but somehow it didn't appeal to me like this one did. I rather like the idea of a small dainty mug-like cup sitting on a pretty saucer. The pink, blue and yellow posies all sprinkled about the cup and saucer makes it quite fanciful. The handle is comfortable to hold too.




Last week Penny at Penny's Vintage Home shared her teapot, sugar and creamer and they are the same pattern as my teacup. I could have bought the teapot too but I left it there. I really don't need another teapot!

Let me know when you begin the new tea...My present elegancies have not yet made me indifferent to such matters. ~ Jane Austen

I am also sharing this sweet little Moss Rose teacup which I won from Deb a few years ago. It is a smaller cup and thought it would look cute beside the black one. This too has pink and blue flowers and there is a wee bouquet inside the cup.




I love the sponged on gold trim.

The teapot is also made by Gracie China


I chose it because it is small and the china flowers seem to mimic those on the teacups. 



We gather simple pleasures like daisies by the way. ~ Louisa May Alcott




And there you have it, my October Pinks. Would you like to join me for some tea and a butter tart?



I hope you have enjoyed the past month of pinks and now we look forward to November. I am already thinking about the Holidays.



NOTE ~ I will be making an announcement later in the week so please be sure to come back and visit me.

Thank you for keeping me company today and have a wonderful day everyone!


Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot, coffee cup/coffee pot, that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too! Collections such as tea spoons and creamers as well as a visit to a tea shop or a tea time recipe are also welcome.

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or any of the following is acceptable too: Hot Apple Cider, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade, Lemon water, Iced Tea, Iced coffee, or Punch in a lovely bowl.

I am joining the following parties as well~


 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Friends Sharing Tea
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home



 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

29 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,

    Oh, it's been way too long! I love your new teacups; I see tiny blue roses in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new teacup, Sandi, and also your dainty one that you won! They both look so pretty on your tea table with your classic teapot and your dear pumpkins and pretty flowers. I can't believe that this is our last October tea party. Oh, how the months (and years) fly by! Thanks so much for hosting your lovely, gentle tea party, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ve your new black chintz teacup! And it goes so well with your lovely flowers and Roslyn teacup. The end of October caught me by surprise too! Thanks so much for hosting, and for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea! Have a wonderful last-week-in-October!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandi for hosting this tea party! Hugs from France, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    I am so sorry about your friend. Breast Cancer is such a terrible terrible illness. My daughter's kindergarten teacher who was also my son's grade one teacher is in hospice battling another form of cancer right now. I pray a cure will soon be found. Your newest teacup is very dear. I have a lot of black in my kitchen since my counter tops are black and your lovely little pretty would match perfectly! Moss Rose is such a gorgeous pattern too. I have two in the montrose shape. Happy Tea Day Dear Sandi! Thank you for hosting and sharing such a beautiful and inviting table each week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teacups are pretty,Sandi, and I just love that teapot. I have never seen a pink pumpkin, but yours is gorgeous,so pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pink tea times have beenn wonderful to behold, Sandi. I had intentions of doing one in pink but the Breast Cancer Awareness Month has just gotten away from me. *Sigh*

    I loike your new teacup - nice to have some modern pretty "hardy" ones in our collections, that way they're used but not worried about. The Rosina one is gorgeous- such a lucky win!

    I love your painted pink and bling-y pumpkin, too cute - great idea. Maybe next year......

    Where is this year going, anyway? Yikes life is fast, isn't it?

    Thanks for the party! Glad to be part of things this time around! Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty posting today with those 2 sweet teacups. Isn't it amazing to see things on other blogs like pieces you have (Penny's). I have had that happen too. Your pink pumpkin is really fun! I enjoyed reading your post today! Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely month of tribute for your dear friend. Black and pink some of my favorite colors. They are just so rich looking and victorian. Have a wonderful week and thank you for once again hosting. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new teacup Sandi; I think pink and black are very elegant together. And that pink pumpkin is adorable! I think I commented on it before. But pink pumpkins are way more my style than orange!! Your pink teas have been lovely, and a loving tribute to your dear friend. Thank you for hosting. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tea time again Sandi! Your new teacup is so pretty and I like the shape of it too. I enjoyed seeing what you served for tea time today. A couple of weeks ago I had my first butter tart! I was with my granson's girlfriend in Sault St. Marie, Mi. We were visiting my grandson who is playing hockey there and we stopped in a cute sandwich shop and I just had to try one! Yummy! Thank you for hosting and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did October go?!? I thought that it was a wonderful idea to share pink teawares this month as a show of support for Breast Cancer Awareness.

    Love your new black chintz tea set! I have the teacup and teapot in the same design. I did exercise some restraint and left the creamer and sugar behind at the store. Hee! Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty ! I like having a butter tart with a cuppa tea YUMMY ! lovely photos thanks for sharing , have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's wonderful that you have October pinks to remind us of having a mammogram. Love the pink pumpkin. Interesting that you have a newly acquired black cup and saucer this Halloween week. Sweet and yet the black background blends into Halloween season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pink tea is lovely Sandi! I really like your new teacup. I have bought a few with this mark on the bottom and I have really been enjoying them. I always feel so lucky to find anything with a chintz pattern like yours. I having a witchy tea this week, just for fun. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely black chintz teacup and saucer! I'm seeing so many beautiful black teacups this week due to Halloween that I would like to add one to my collection. Your Rosalyn teacup is the exact same pattern and shape as my Moss Rose one by Royal Albert. Interesting! I drink out of mine often and actually like that it's small. The tea doesn't get cold that way. I drink it too quickly. Thank you for hosting! I'll be back soon for your announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Utterly charming. A wonderful pink tea. The black cup reminds me of old French wall paper. Gorgeous. I have not gone in for very much in the way of Halloween decorating myself this year. My blog has some Hallowe'en wallpaper this week- that's about it! And enjoying all the fun-spooky teas. I have been doing quite a bit of crafting for Christmas this late summer, and Fall so I've been focused on the holidays for awhile - much to everyone's dismay;glitter sticks to everything and everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, I have so enjoyed your Pink October. Looking forward to your announcement and Tuesday teas. Wishing you a lovely week. Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your 'Pink' teas have been lovely, Sandi. Your newly acquired black chintz teacup is very pretty, along side the other teacup. Pretty teapot too. Have a wonderful week! ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of the teacups you featured. The black chintz is charming. I also like the sponged on gold trim on the other teacup. Those butter tarts look delicious, too!

    Yes, the holidays are coming. I read today that there are 58 days until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandi,
    Chintz is hard to pass up......I don't see it here that often.
    Love your teapot as well and I am sure the tarts are delicious too.
    I am looking forward to decorating for Christmas too but better finish
    the garden cleanup first!
    Thank you for hosting!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful setting as usual lovely lady. The teacups are gorgeous and the black one is stunning!
    Than you so much for the last party of Oct. I too am saying goodby to PINK Cancer month and my birthday month with my RA Oct. teacup.
    Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi, I thought I would be linking this week but had to change this due to unforeseen things that came up. I saw the Stechcol teacups at HomeSense but told myself I didn't need another teacup. :-) However I did relent and get one with a cardinal on it - now if I can only find the teapot.
    I've enjoyed your pink teas this month, especially since it is your colour.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a beautiful post! I love your new teacup too!!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet little tea. I love the Jane Austen quote. I am not indifferent to such matters either :)
    Thank you. Hugs to you. ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandi, I love the new teacup! I remember seeing Penny's. All really pretty. I'm due for another mammogram and will call and get an appt. after Halloween. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi:
    I have featured your blog at my party this week! I have taken your lead and am changing my blog party too. I should have done it sooner. Those who love doing the tea ones can and others can join as well!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.